Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How's this for a new Shadow Priest talent?

Linked to Improved Mind Blast:

Pain Spike:

After successfully casting Mind Blast, your target is afflicted with Pain Spike for 10 seconds. While pain spike is active, your Shadow Word: Death and Mind Blast spells pierce through all absorption effects.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Re: How's this for a new Shadow Priest talent?

You get 20% healing reduce, now you want chaos bolt too?

It doesn't solve any of the problems PvP Shadowpriests have at the moment and its useless in PvE.

What does 20% healing reduction mean if you're stunned from 100% to 0?

Priests need a way to avoid tanking, be it a slow or a root, not more gimmicky ways of doing damage which won't work in a PvP environment and have absolutely zero use in PvE.

Imo Spriest need this, i feel sorry for them as a warlock.
    Dread Mind - Last 15 seconds, Chance on being hit/struck, mind control the target for 10 seconds.
    This way its not too Op, but it gives you're priest a chance to get the enemies off you during stun etc, and have a glyph to use it during stuns.
    http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wow/3/2/5/9/4/832594cRiax.png

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    What does 20% healing reduction mean if you're stunned from 100% to 0?
    It means you're too stupid to use Dispersion properly.

Dread Mind - Last 15 seconds, Chance on being hit/struck, mind control the target for 10 seconds.
    I agree, with a 20 hour long cooldown.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

Quote Originally Posted by funkeh
    Sorry, I'm not interested in talking with amoeba's. Shoo to your corner, play in the sand with your special friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocta
    It doesn't solve any of the problems PvP Shadowpriests have at the moment and its useless in PvE.
    Dude! it would like totally help on illidari Council! that pally bubbles you know!
    BY SARONITE BE PURGED!
    I have... 80 rogue. 2 80 DK's. 80 Shaman. 4 80's makes me pro amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    Sorry, I'm not interested in talking with amoeba's. Shoo to your corner, play in the sand with your special friends.
    He made a valid point.

Learn to use dispersion properly, and then you will not have issues. You may get stunned again, but by then, the stun will last 1-2 seconds, then u can fear/horror.

I have NO issues surviving on my spriest in PvP... I DO have issues surviving as holy though, and occasionally disc if I get stunlocked. (Though, that's my fault, for not grabbing PS glyph :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou
    He made a valid point.

Learn to use dispersion properly, and then you will not have issues. You may get stunned again, but by then, the stun will last 1-2 seconds, then u can fear/horror.

I have NO issues surviving on my spriest in PvP... I DO have issues surviving as holy though, and occasionally disc if I get stunlocked. (Though, that's my fault, for not grabbing PS glyph :P)
    Unless going up against a Ret Paladin with Avenging Wrath, or a lolChaos Bolt, sure, Dispersion lets you "survive" but it doesn't really deter people from hitting you. Sure, you take less damage, but that's still free combo points. That's still any melee moving faster than you do while you try to kite them. That's still you being unable to do -anything- except move at regular run speed. Sure, it buys you a few seconds (unless it's a Paladin) but you're applying zero pressure on them and not even capable of outranging them in the first place.

Even with the mana restore, and on a 1.25 minute cooldown, I'll still take a 2.4 minute 40% Pain Suppression over Dispersion's garbage.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Spriest need escape mechanisms against melee to get range, not another dmg ability. Spriest suck atm cause they can be completely shut down by certain classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Malas7409
    Spriest need escape mechanisms against melee to get range, not another dmg ability. Spriest suck atm cause they can be completely shut down by certain classes.
    There's an easy fix to that: Retool Mind Flay. Give it the 30 yard range, and let its snare pulse both at the beginning and the end of the cast, to maintain for an extra 2 seconds (thus giving you space to out-range melee.) Not long enough for a full rotation, but it gets me the hell out of there for a couple seconds.

He made a valid point.

No seriously, after playing SP for ages and all, you actually are advising me to use Dispersion like I never knew about it? I mean, what the hell? You do know you're not immortal while dispersed right?

SPriests need talented Mana Return linked to a percentage of damage done. Simple as that. The class is broken because their only distinguishing characteristic was removed. Best way to fix the class is to return the old mechanics (slightly modified-if talented).

Quote Originally Posted by funkeh
    yeah right..the thing is that you can't foresee a rogue to open you, or a paladin to stun you...

Quote Originally Posted by Higiyz
    SPriests need talented Mana Return linked to a percentage of damage done. Simple as that. The class is broken because their only distinguishing characteristic was removed. Best way to fix the class is to return the old mechanics (slightly modified-if talented).
    Mana isn't the problem with Shadow. Neither is dealing with healers. It's melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Billybob77
    yeah right..the thing is that you can't foresee a rogue to open you, or a paladin to stun you...
    Cause everyone knows you can use it while stunned, right?

Oh, wait.

You disperse into pure Shadow energy, reducing all damage taken by 90%. You are unable to attack or cast spells, but you regenerate 6% mana every 1 sec for 6 sec. Dispersion can be cast while stunned, feared or silenced and clears all snare and movement impairing effects when cast, and makes you immune to them while dispersed.

Cause everyone knows you can use it while stunned, right?

Oh, wait.
    Increases the critical strike chance of Hammer of Wrath by 50%, reduces the cooldown of Avenging Wrath by 60 secs and while affected by Avenging Wrath 50% of all damage caused bypasses damage reduction effects.
    Reduces the duration of all Disarm effects by 50% and increases movement and mounted movement speed by 15%. This does not stack with other movement speed increasing effects.
    Oh wait.