Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Holy 3.2 gear-combination

Quote Originally Posted by darthceltic
    well, haste lowers HL more then FL. If u cast only FL, 450 haste is about all u need.

i'm working on being 50/50 hl fl atm, and it seems to be working out fine.

i have 34% holy crit unbuffed, near 500 haste now, and 24900 mana unbuffed. I just cant see the pt in stacking ONLY int. I see guys with the plea and nobles int deck both with nothing but int. why the f do u want 29k mana unbuffed. That means your regen is way less, your crit and effective healing is less. SP is less. haste is less. Right now on 25 mans if i spam flash 100% on cd, i gain mana. that will change in 3.2 and it really should. But trinkets like SotDead will help out over int only trinkets like nobles int deck.
    I can't say how stacking int will lower my mana regen. It will increase mana from replenish, divine plea, arcane torrent, seal of wisdom, mana tidem totem and that priest thing that I always forget the name.

If I have more mana, I can use more skills. As you already said, once you have 450+ haste, it's no a issue anymore. GCD is lower than 1,2 sec, and since I always play with more than 250ms, stacking more haste is almost non-sense.

Spell power over int? I rather casting more times than overhealing more with one heal. Int alone with gear will give me spellpower enough for the content. The only skill that I would like to have more +healing is Holy Shock, but flashs and holy lights are big enough already.

Soul of the Dead is indeed a great trinket, you should always have it in the bag. In a normal fight, it will regen 9k mana, plus the critical. Greatness will give you more mana at the start (2k), and if worked right, will give you more than 7k on divine plea procs, the int will give you some crit and spellpower. You just need to know when to use it, you don't need to use the same gear in diferent bosses.

My armory always says 29k mana unbuffed just because tier 8 + blood knight tabard + charge + phoenix pet looks really cool at dalaran. Plus, it's always fun to see people inspecting and whispering "wtf 30k mana"

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoniel
    One thing that i've kept as really funny for a longer time already is the steady int stacking most paladins do. I've seen several Int or crit stacking paladins and still they haven't been able to put out the same healing as i do with my 5k smaller mana pool and SP stacking as keyword.

Yes maybe an int stacking paladin lasts longer and the incoming nerfs with mana regen have actually made me think about changing my view point of stats. Currently i am going for Sp > crit > int > haste > mp5. I'm running around in raids with ~25k mana pool and 2,6-2,7k SP. Crit is around 35-40% and my haste is ~500. I have most of the time just smashed BoL on tank and kept healing raid with FoL's and Shocks and using insta FoL's on tank (if needed) HL spamming with my current idea of playing isn't really the most viable thing but i can still use HL a lot in fights. It is NOT a mana friendly way to play but it still gives good results. After learning how to use my abilities and cooldowns and got used to the idea of not having an never ending mana pool (which i still mostly have) my performance is a lot higher than for int stacking paladins.

Maybe i have only met bad holy paladins with int stacking as their idea but i doubt all of them have been bad players, most of the times i have done more healing, with less over healing, and ended up with same amount of mana in the end of the fights (usually around 50-90%). I have never ever tried pure int stacking as a paladin so can't say about that play style. Tho as i said before i think the incoming nerfs can and prolly will hurt the way of stat choosing i have done. But the play style isn't going to change. More FoL heavier healing and less HL's i can see in the horizon and maybe crying for innervates or mana tides but it is still too early to make any bigger conclusions. The thing is that even if they buffed mp5 it is never going to make up for the nerfed Illumination. And currently looking on item stats a paladin would mostly be giving up crit for mp5.

So i wonder is there any other paladins that have gone for same ideas as i have or am i the only one going against the ideas of EJ?

Try a divine sac spec and then tell me int is worthless. Once you spec out of the extra crit you get from the ret tree you will soon come to realize how much int stacking is worth. I thought losing the extra crit in the ret tree wouldn't be so bad but it hurts a lot more once you start playing with it. I did 51/0/20 and ROFL'ed my way through Ulduar well until we started doing hard modes. Divine sac is a godly to have in pretty much every hard mode encounter.

I haven't been able to get on PTR cause I just bought a new PC and I don't feel like downloading it over again. I would like to see how much MP5 will be added to the current gear. In terms of stats I'm taking the MP5 that comes on gear and will gem 9int 8sp for red and yellow and int/mp5 for blue. I'm JC also so the boost to the JC only gems will be nice but it sucked we lost the LOL prismatic. But they are also buffing ring enchant stats and I'm an enchanter also. Overall I'm happy with the changes if MP5 can out weight the nerf to illumination.

http://us.wowarmory.com/character-sh...rion&n=Prophyt

Quote Originally Posted by Prophyt

Try a divine sac spec and then tell me int is worthless. Once you spec out of the extra crit you get from the ret tree you will soon come to realize how much int stacking is worth. I thought losing the extra crit in the ret tree wouldn't be so bad but it hurts a lot more once you start playing with it. I did 51/0/20 and ROFL'ed my way through Ulduar well until we started doing hard modes. Divine sac is a godly to have in pretty much every hard mode encounter.

I haven't been able to get on PTR cause I just bought a new PC and I don't feel like downloading it over again. I would like to see how much MP5 will be added to the current gear. In terms of stats I'm taking the MP5 that comes on gear and will gem 9int 8sp for red and yellow and int/mp5 for blue. I'm JC also so the boost to the JC only gems will be nice but it sucked we lost the LOL prismatic. But they are also buffing ring enchant stats and I'm an enchanter also. Overall I'm happy with the changes if MP5 can out weight the nerf to illumination.

http://us.wowarmory.com/character-sh...rion&n=Prophyt

Too bad it gets butchered next patch (Bug Fix, it still counts damage while in the bubble)

well, haste lowers HL more then FL. If u cast only FL, 450 haste is about all u need.

i'm working on being 50/50 hl fl atm, and it seems to be working out fine.

i have 34% holy crit unbuffed, near 500 haste now, and 24900 mana unbuffed. I just cant see the pt in stacking ONLY int. I see guys with the plea and nobles int deck both with nothing but int. why the f do u want 29k mana unbuffed. That means your regen is way less, your crit and effective healing is less. SP is less. haste is less. Right now on 25 mans if i spam flash 100% on cd, i gain mana. that will change in 3.2 and it really should. But trinkets like SotDead will help out over int only trinkets like nobles int deck.
    Do some HMs like Thorim and Steelbreaker and tell me stacking Int is a bad idea. Even i need inneravtes/oom on Algalon, Thorim and Steelbreaker. The tanks just need that much healing
    Freya +1 doesn't need it that much but it helps that you don't oom.
    3.2 will change nothing, Int will still be relied on but when you get 4 piece T9, you should have another set ready fully gemmed with spell power and go Prot Holy for big FoL HoTs.
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently