Thread: Holy HPS 101?

Holy HPS 101?

I see "Shadow DPS 101" but I'm not finding THE thread to pure and perfect raid healing spec. Can someone direct me to one, or link me the "perfect" raid healing spec?

Re: Holy HPS 101?

http://elitistjerks.com/f77/t54618-w...craft_dargons/

I suggest reading all of it, there's quite a lot of useful info. Bear in mind that your desired spec can differ in a few talents. For example, I don't run with Body and Soul often due to shield's cooldown limitation as holy. Anyway, I hope you find all you need there.

I didn't want a 52 pages explanations, I wanted a talent tree with basic concepts lol. Might read some (as english isn't my 1st language).

thx

Quote Originally Posted by DiGG
    I didn't want a 52 pages explanations, I wanted a talent tree with basic concepts lol. Might read some (as english isn't my 1st language).
    thx
    A "Holy HPS 101" thread would be very controversial for several reasons:

(1) Some people think Renew is the new pink, others still use FH as their filler spell.
    (2) Some people think stacking INT is the way to go, others think that SP is the most effective stat to stack.
    (3) Some people have completely abandoned GH, while others still feel like they get something out of a Serendipity hasted GH.
    (4) Some people have fallen in love with the utility of B&S, other think its dumb for holy to ever cast PW:S.
    (5) Some people think that holy priests are most effective holding on to as much mana as possible to blow during raid wide AoE (Tantrum, Frozen Blows, etc). Others think that holy priests are most effective using Renew, ProM, and CoH to help smooth out raid damage.

The short of it is this:

Healing is, and never will be, as cut and dry and DPS. There can be no "Perfect" spec for holy. There are certainly more "common" specs, but since healing revolves around reacting to events, theorycrafting becomes extremely subjective.

Perhaps the OP would be better served looking for an "ideal" raid healing or tank healing spec
    Dear Blizzard,
    Please nerf paper, scissors are ok.
    Sincerely,
    rock

I agree with what Spiritus said. Unlike the current state of the Holy Paladin, where they can spam their highest HPS spell endlessly and thus can maximize around being able to do that, Holy Priests not only have a much larger toolbox, but they have a wider range of effective uses (like his burst damage vs. steady damage example). You can't define a perfect spec or even really an ideal spec for Holy Priests because the criteria by which one player will judge a particular spec is likely different from the next. So, if one comes in and says what roles they like to fill and what roles they don't, it's impossible to do so.

Look at what EJ says, and experiment. Maybe you decide you love a talent they don't pick up and hate some they do (for instance, I love ToF and I don't like B&S), that's fine, just make sure you understand the argument and the advantages and disadvantages of making that choice. We could probably come up with at least a dozen different specs that are ideal for different circumstances. Instead, I'd say it may be better to experiment and post what you settle on and what is and isn't working.

Ignore all other posts. best ever healing spec is http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#bIGko...sszsszoZuksskk

Quote Originally Posted by Theus
    Ignore all other posts. best ever healing spec is http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#bIGko...sszsszoZuksskk
    Wow lol! I hope it's a joke :P

As for the other replies, thanks. Guess I'll have to test... but fyi, currently I pretty much never use FH (except when Surge of Light procs, and even then I don't often), I'm a huge PoM, renew and GH user. I use CoH when it's relevant, never use BH. I only a 4 epic items, not quite ready to heal heroic stuff. (I can heal regular fine, some minor heroics like UK... eager to heal more/better)

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-
    ]

(1) Some people think Renew is the new pink, others still use FH as their filler spell.
    (2) Some people think stacking INT is the way to go, others think that SP is the most effective stat to stack.
    (3) Some people have completely abandoned GH, while others still feel like they get something out of a Serendipity hasted GH.
    (4) Some people have fallen in love with the utility of B&S, other think its dumb for holy to ever cast PW:S.
    (5) Some people think that holy priests are most effective holding on to as much mana as possible to blow during raid wide AoE (Tantrum, Frozen Blows, etc). Others think that holy priests are most effective using Renew, ProM, and CoH to help smooth out raid damage.
    I'm that person!

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart
    I'm that person!
    Yup, and that is certainly a valid way to look at things. I personally am opposite from you on (3) & (5). That's why writing a "Holy Priest 101" thread would be extremely cumbersome. You would have to address every valid permeation on how to effectively play a Holy priest, which is subjective based on what other healing types you raid with.

Quote Originally Posted by Theus

]

(3) Some people have completely abandoned GH, while others still feel like they get something out of a Serendipity hasted GH. (except I don't take Empowered/Improved Healing)
    (5) Some people think that holy priests are most effective holding on to as much mana as possible to blow during raid wide AoE (Tantrum, Frozen Blows, etc). Others think that holy priests are most effective using Renew, ProM, and CoH to help smooth out raid damage. (Umm, what do I do if I tend to play both sides?)
    I'm this person!
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart
    I'm that person!
    I'm you!
    Quote Originally Posted by cryo85
    Because the X-53 is cooler than the Homo Steed
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    [Banned] For trolling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    =======<()
    BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    You can't balance vuvuzelas.

Quote Originally Posted by Dentoid
    I'm you!
    Uh-oh. We don't need more than one Izenhart.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

]

(5) Some people think that holy priests are most effective holding on to as much mana as possible to blow during raid wide AoE (Tantrum, Frozen Blows, etc). Others think that holy priests are most effective using Renew, ProM, and CoH to help smooth out raid damage. Doing both, mana allows it so why not?

The short of it is this:

Healing is, and never will be, as cut and dry and DPS. There can be no "Perfect" spec for holy. There are certainly more "common" specs, but since healing revolves around reacting to events, theorycrafting becomes extremely subjective.

^
    I'm that person.

Totally nailed it in that post btw. QFT.