LVL 60 Mage Vanilla Content

Hi there!

Me and some guildies are forming a vanilla wow guild in 2-3 months and I was curious about speccs!

I was thinking Frost be the really... old-school feeling :P But then I thought wth, won't I get bored? (I get bored easily, hybrids win) So I thought, anyone of you guys managed to make a cool arcane build or something? I tried some but can't really think of any rotations since well.. no AB or barrage, wth ^^'
    Maybe something using a arcane / frost build for proccing barrage? What I'm afraid of here is itemization and lack of mana :P

What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Re: LVL 60 Mage Vanilla Content

eh.. there is no fun at lvl 60 content without lvl 60 talents.. lvl 80 talents are just too OP.-

All I can say is prepare to get bored tbh :P
    Level 60 the best spec was frost due to the resistances/immunities of certain bosses to fire..
    Arcane just wasnt viable ><
    Fire didnt do enough DPS.
    Frost tho; You need one button. Srrsly.
    Frostbolt is your friend!

thx for the replies =D

I guess you're right :P

/end thread

Quote Originally Posted by Unionoob
    eh.. there is no fun at lvl 60 content without lvl 60 talents.. lvl 80 talents are just too OP.-
    UNION IS A NOOB

-Jaundice

Quote Originally Posted by Boblet
    Fire was the premier spec in Naxx, no clue what you're talking about.
    I'm gonna use one ounce of brainpower and assume that he's talking about MC/BWL/Ony, the earlier, more popular, and most played raids of vanilla WoW. Original Naxx was seen by less than 5% of the population and was around for like 4 months before TBC came out.

Yes, Fire was good in Naxx40. But Naxx40 doesn't even exist anymore, so I have no idea why you thought this would be even remotely relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Fancyfeast
    I'm gonna use one ounce of brainpower and assume that he's talking about MC/BWL/Ony, the earlier, more popular, and most played raids of vanilla WoW. Original Naxx was seen by less than 5% of the population and was around for like 4 months before TBC came out.

Yes, Fire was good in Naxx40. But Naxx40 doesn't even exist anymore, so I have no idea why you thought this would be even remotely relevant.
    Considering it also applied in AQ40, also known as the only level 60 content left that means anything even for an all level 60 raid, I'd say it's quite relevant.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    Considering it also applied in AQ40, also known as the only level 60 content left that means anything even for an all level 60 raid, I'd say it's quite relevant.
    The relevance I was questioning was his bringing up Naxx40. Which has 0 to do with AQ.

Sounds fun,playing at 60 and such...
    Oh wait...

Fire was viable even back in MC - you had to respec for the Ragnaros & Nefarian Firstkills, but once that was running, you could go with fire all the way.
    Champion of the Naaru Hand of A'dal Ambassador Elder Merrymaker Chef Knight-Lieutenant Korred, the red mage, of the Nightfall, the Twilight Vanquisher, the Explorer, the Hallowed, the Argent Champion, Guardian of Cenarius, Jenkins, the Undying.

Don't be afraid of the end of the world (of warcraft). Be afraid of the unlived life.

Ok, as for 60Level Mage Talents you can choose between three (3) specs.
    1) Arcane-Fire. Up to Arcane Power and rest in Fire.
    2) Arcane-Frost. Up to Arcane Power and rest in Frost.
    3) Deep Fire.

These are the three (3) specs used for PvE pre-BC.

Hope this helped,
    /Snoc

Quote Originally Posted by Ellundel
    All I can say is prepare to get bored tbh :P
    Level 60 the best spec was frost due to the resistances/immunities of certain bosses to fire..
    Arcane just wasnt viable ><
    Fire didnt do enough DPS.
    Frost tho; You need one button. Srrsly.
    Frostbolt is your friend!
    Extremely Wrong Ellunder. Do not judge only by two (2) or so bosses, especially if you did not see the content yourself mate. Deep Frost was never, let me repeat, NEVER a good spec for PvE back then. If you were to be Frost you were Arcane Frost.

/Snoc

15+ Year Old Account

I was deep Frost through all of BWL and into AQ40 and Naxx. We had mostly Frost mages but we did have a couple of die-hard Fire fans. The way it worked was you chose which spec you preferred playing and you went with that. If it meant that you fired off Frostbolts as a fire mage because a boss was completely immune to fire, then so be it.

As for TBC, I was Fire through the whole thing (although A'lar was a bit of a pain, hahaha), although I never did get to see Hyjal or BT pre-WotLK.

So the choice is yours. And people are right: you will no doubt get bored with level 60 content; especially considering how talents have changed in the last 2 1/2 years.
    For the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Unionoob
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Snoc
    Extremely Wrong Ellunder. Do not judge only by two (2) or so bosses, especially if you did not see the content yourself mate. Deep Frost was never, let me repeat, NEVER a spec for PvE back then. If you were to be Frost you were Arcane Frost.

/Snoc
    Wtf are you talking about, frost was perfectly viable up till aq40, it worked in aq40 aswell, but impact scorch was a nice thing to have on Sartura.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin
    Wtf are you talking about, frost was perfectly viable up till aq40, it worked in aq40 aswell, but impact scorch was a nice thing to have on Sartura.
    "Viable", ofcourse it was Viable, but its Dps could never be compared to an Arcane-Fire/Frost or DeepFire Mage.

/Snoc