Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Val'anyr and the Disc Priest

I'd simply give it to my MT healer even if he's a disc priest or a holy a pally.

give it to your holy paladin
    If you want absorbs on the MT
    Else if you want absorbs on the raid go for holy priest or resto druid.

This thread is just some shit for thos disc priest lovers to get a quote from on their guild's forum "YAH SEE THAT GUY SAID IT WAZ FOR DISC THE BETTAH §"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

Quote Originally Posted by iglocska
    I'd simply give it to my MT healer even if he's a disc priest or a holy a pally.
    This topic isn't about who you'd give it to. It's about wheter it's better for disc or holy.

Consider that some of the hardest hard modes in ulduar are hard because of raid healing and it is a much more difficult decision, Add to that the fact that a raid healer will get a total of more HPS and therefore a greater amount of net absorbs than a tank healer and it becomes harder still, The real question is, what are you having trouble with,

You miss some points.

The shield isnt a one off buff on how big your heals are, its a 15 second window where you can stack the shield to 20k total damage absorbed isnt it?

So it doesnt really matter how big your heals are. In 15 seconds a disc priest can hit lots of fast heals.

Penance? :-[

Last option must be this. Giving Valnir to a priest.
    Reason is simple. You do not need bubbles while healing because you rarely become MT healer.(I mentioned about holy there). As being disciple healer again you do not need that little absorb bubble. There are some other classes who will benefit more and more than a Disciple. A paladin with big crits, A shaman with good haste+ crit. And a druid with awesome hot bubble pops. Please pass the fragments to those healers and enjoy ur 2 handed big sticks with spirit.
    To be a king, first one should be a man!

suwâyyah Eu Darksorrow

Deleted

you can't stack the shield

Quote Originally Posted by chronicbint
    You miss some points.

The shield isnt a one off buff on how big your heals are, its a 15 second window where you can stack the shield to 20k total damage absorbed isnt it?

So it doesnt really matter how big your heals are. In 15 seconds a disc priest can hit lots of fast heals.
    And you miss the point where the shield is removed when your tank takes a hit bigger then the current shield on him. Or do you think your tank magically gains 100% dodge chance for those 15 seconds?

Having this on a Disc priest adds another ability to mitigate damage.

So in all you have PW:S + DA + Val Proc (BoAK) + 3 stacks of Grace (3% increased healing on target, 9% with 3 stacks) + Inspiration (10% dmg mitigation when you crit) + T9 4piece bonus (another 10% added to DA mitigation)

Yep I can see why its bad to give it to a disc priest......

i would give it to someone who really benefits from it be it a Disc priest Holy paladin or anything else,...that is a healer....

And Btw Guys Penance Also crits,...so its also a heal which Disc priests use,...
    just stating the obviouse dont wanna be flamed coz of stating the obviouse

Unless you pop PI the holy paladin in equal gear is casting them faster and harder. After 3.2 he is also rolling a powerful hot for no mana, the disc priest should not be wasting his mana on renew.

You miss some points.

In that 15 second window a disc priest will do less healing than any other healing class, just like they do less healing than any other healing class in any other 15 second window

you are just wrong, completely wrong.

Having this on a Disc priest adds another ability to mitigate damage.

So in all you have PW:S + DA + Val Proc (BoAK) + 3 stacks of Grace (3% increased healing on target, 9% with 3 stacks) + Inspiration (10% dmg mitigation when you crit) + T9 4piece bonus (another 10% added to DA mitigation)

Yep I can see why its bad to give it to a disc priest......
    The point isnt that disc priests are bad, the point is that if you give it to a paladin you still have all the same stuff from the disc priest but the hammer has a greater effect so you end up with more total damage absorbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgar
    wrong information.
    read this: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/27/1613...yr-please.html

The shield isnt a one off buff on how big your heals are
    OK. Let's also dumb down the numbers, assuming paladin vs discpriest healing tank.

Paladin : HL (15k / 20k crits) with around 50% crit rate, 2s cast = (7.5 x 20 x 0.15 x 0.5) + (7.5 x 15 x 0.15 x 0.5) = 19.7k damage absorbed.
    Discpriest : 3 penance ticks (3k / 5k crit), then CD, then again 3 ticks, around 40% crit rate = (6 x 5 x 0.15 x 0.4) + (6 x 3 x 0.15 x 0.6) = 3.4k damage absorbed.

See what I did there ?
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

Quote Originally Posted by Asgard
    OK. Let's also dumb down the numbers, assuming paladin vs discpriest healing tank.

Paladin : HL (15k / 20k crits) with around 50% crit rate, 2s cast = (7.5 x 20 x 0.15 x 0.5) + (7.5 x 15 x 0.15 x 0.5) = 19.7k damage absorbed.
    Discpriest : 3 penance ticks (3k / 5k crit), then CD, then again 3 ticks, around 40% crit rate = (6 x 5 x 0.15 x 0.4) + (6 x 3 x 0.15 x 0.6) = 3.4k damage absorbed.

See what I did there ?
    Between penance cooldowns I can cast 3 or 4 flash heals, 3k/6k crit.

Deleted

disc priest penance = 3x5k crit every 10s = 750 damage absorbed

holy priest gheal crit = 3000 damage absorbed

holy pally gheal crit = 3000 damage absorbed

resto cham chain heal crit = 4000+ damage absorbed (one bubble on each target)

Quote Originally Posted by Asgard

See what I did there ?
    Paladin gives nothing to the tank but 1 heal, disc brings a lot more to the table.

People think disc is bad just because they dont/cant top healing meters. This is becasue HPS meters ignore all the mitigation and dont count the healing the 'not needed' due to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgar
    disc priest penance = 3x5k crit every 10s = 750 damage absorbed

holy priest gheal crit = 3000 damage absorbed

holy pally gheal crit = 3000 damage absorbed

resto cham chain heal crit = 4000+ damage absorbed (one bubble on each target)
    All wrong im afraid, back to school for you.

Between penance cooldowns I can cast 3 or 4 flash heals, 3k/6k crit.
    OK, let's say 4 flash heals, of which 2 will crit. That's 18k healing so 2700 more absorbed damage. Following my number that would put you at 6.1k absorbed, the paladin is at 19.7k. Now what ?