Thread: Warlock UIs

Page 80 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Naojirou View Post
    http://c1210.hizliresim.com/12/l/f1dnk.jpg

After a big revamp, I am happy with this^^ Also the illidan icon is DF Tracker, not just something there.
    What is the name of the add on that is tracking raid dps?

Quote Originally Posted by Raidbozz View Post
    It's recount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidbozz View Post
    Pretty sure you can do that graph like display in real time with Recount, not sure if that's what this is though.

The meter on the left looks like Skada.

Using ElvUI as well (pixel-perfect).

http://i47.tinypic.com/2re4392.jpg
    Last edited by Supernex; 2012-11-01 at 07:32 AM.

I will burn your soul.

Annihilare UI^-^

Hello fellow Demo locks, i thought i would show the warlock community a screen shot of my UI as Demonology and Power auras also the dot timer is class timers and macros i use is. Well enjoy^-^

http://s1277.beta.photobucket.com/us...22656.jpg.html

Quote Originally Posted by Supernex View Post
    Using ElvUI as well (pixel-perfect).

http://i47.tinypic.com/2re4392.jpg
    Here is my WIP in action:

I will burn your soul.

Hey guys,

I just started playing wow again and I'm having trouble with finding the right addons.

'Everyone' seems to be using elvui nowadays. But I personally dislike the whole 'spacey'/modern theme it rocks. Quite frankly, I only require a few addons;

- A dot timer (with bars)
    - A cast bar which shows latency
    - A buff tracker (for int buffs etc. to recast dots)

I've tried dotimer, but first of all it hasn't been updated in a long time and secondly, it's absolutely horrible and counter-intuitive to set up.

What would you guys advice me, considering my fairly simple needs?

Thanks!
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2012-11-27 at 09:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weakauras is just THE addon for buff tracking imo. You can configure it to do much, much more, but it can do the basic task of putting icons on your screen that show buffs. (You can also configure it to show dot timers, and add bar dot timers as well) If you want this (sort of) same functionality, but with less options then Tellmewhen is a good addon.

Gnosis castbars is not the easiest to configure but once you've adjusted it to show the cast bars you want to see then it's the best out there IMO. If you want easy set up and don't mind not having accurate channeled spell ticks then Quartz is the go to one.

I'd also have a look at Affdots if you are going to play Affliction like you seem to. It's a simple addon that looks at the strength of your dots, and the running time of your dots to give colour coded advice on whether or not it's a good idea to refresh you dots with the buffs you have up at that time. Affdots could also possibly be the dot timers you need when combined with OmniCC. No bars though, just icons with numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Weakauras is just THE addon for buff tracking imo. You can configure it to do much, much more, but it can do the basic task of putting icons on your screen that show buffs. (You can also configure it to show dot timers, and add bar dot timers as well) If you want this (sort of) same functionality, but with less options then Tellmewhen is a good addon.

Gnosis castbars is not the easiest to configure but once you've adjusted it to show the cast bars you want to see then it's the best out there IMO. If you want easy set up and don't mind not having accurate channeled spell ticks then Quartz is the go to one.

I'd also have a look at Affdots if you are going to play Affliction like you seem to. It's a simple addon that looks at the strength of your dots, and the running time of your dots to give colour coded advice on whether or not it's a good idea to refresh you dots with the buffs you have up at that time. Affdots could also possibly be the dot timers you need when combined with OmniCC. No bars though, just icons with numbers.
    Thanks for your quick reply. Funny thing you mentioned affdots. I was just reading an article about it. What a cheat! Such an addon is going to make a huge dps difference.

I'll try installing the following addons then;
    - bartender
    - gnosis
    - weakaruas for dot bars and buffs
    - affdots for dots on steroids

Call me weird, but I actually like the standard Blizzard theme, even if it's not that functional. So I'd rather not change it too much.

Is there any way to move around the healthbars without changing their appearance btw?

It's been a long time since I've played this game, so forgive my ignorance.

Yours,

Noct

I use Bartender, Tell Me When, and Xperls big debuffs for dots. SOme say what I use isnt optimal, but i have used them for so long I can read whats going on. If I changed, it would be to no benefit.

So really, its up to you. Play with what you like best and try them out. The only essential addon is sexy map :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Thanks for your quick reply. Funny thing you just mentioned affdots. I was just reading an article about this addon. What a cheat! Such an addon is going to make a huge dps difference.

I'll try installing the following addons then;
    - bartender
    - gnosis
    - weakaruas for dot bars and buffs
    - affdots for dots on steroids

Call me weird, but I actually like the standard Blizzard theme, even though it's not always that funcional. So I'd rather not change too much.

Is there any way to move around the healthbars without changing their appearance btw?

It's been a long time since I've played this game, so forgive my ignorance.

Yours,

Noct
    You can move the blizzard player and target frames by right clickign on them and selecting the option to unlock them these days. Then just drag to where you want to have them and lock them again. For anything else you'd want to move I can suggest MoveAnything.

Oh and free tip, there's also an addon called addon control panel that will allow you to turn on and off all your addons from insdie the game, without having to log all the time.

Deleted

Here is no Quartz, I am using Gnosis.
    link
    Last edited by mmocfecbd8d6a4; 2012-11-27 at 10:14 AM.

Deleted
    Hi Supernex

I like your weakauras configuration
    can you send me your weakraura strings please :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    On most UIs I noticed that the DoTs are above the health bars, so I am really interested in that addon, cause I had rly hard time tracking DoTs on Wind Lord and his warriors. Anyone knows a name?

Try TidyPlates with the Treat Plates plugin. This works fine for me.
    But I rely more on Forte.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelovV View Post
    On most UIs I noticed that the DoTs are above the health bars, so I am really interested in that addon, cause I had rly hard time tracking DoTs on Wind Lord and his warriors. Anyone knows a name?
    As the poster above me pointed out, it is most likely TidyPlates + Threat Plates. That is what I use plus Fortexorcist.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Call me weird, but I actually like the standard Blizzard theme, even if it's not that functional. So I'd rather not change it too much.
    Some addons keep the Blizzard theme while just making them a lot cleaner, such as SolvexxUI pack. It might be worth taking a look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmz View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/9rZUv.jpg

Took this last night.
    Really, really like this setup. What all is going on here? I recognize ElvUI, TidyPlates, Recount...what else am I missing?