Thread: Warlock UIs

Page 21 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Warlock UIs

Quote Originally Posted by Failure17
    Way to much of the screen taken up. What is your resolution 800x600? You've got like every spell possible on your bars and you probably only use a handful of them with any regularity and don't get me started on xperl.

On a positive note you might have a world record for longest cast bar.

You're in a 5 man party in your screenshot. I can only imaging how disgusting this looks in a 25 man. How could your eyes even know what is going on when you are looking to the right for your FW Spell Timers, left for Grid, etc.. Where are the target debuffs anyway?

I like how you have Recound right dead center too. #1 reason locks fail is because they are always so focused on meter padding. Close that shit in combat and I bet your DPS goes up.

Take note from some of the nicer UI's in this topic from experienced players. This one is fail.

I uploaded a short video of my UI in action. I play at 1920x1080 so when you watch the streaming version on the tiny window, try to imagine what it looks like if it were huge

I tried to get rid of all the information that doesn't actually affect my gameplay. In the video, the only outgoing damage you see from MSBT is my pets crits (which I have actually gotten rid of since I captured the video). Incoming damage shows up pretty large because I want to know whenever I am taking damage so that I can do something about it. I also don't play with DBM because I found that DBM usually has the raid leader automatically announce anything important in /rw anyway. I only have two spells showing so that I can watch school lockouts and see range.

http://www.wegame.com/watch/UI-3/

Nice idea to hide all these things with the combat text. I think I'll do that as well. Also highlights the important things.

I could, however, never play without my bars with the spells on it...I don't know why. Perhaps a control-freak-I-want-to-see-which-spell-I-am-casting-in-case-I-press-the-wrong-button thing...

By the way: I am a lazy person and don't bother looking myself, but...
    What is that thing you record these videos with again? How does it work and is it easy to get into using it?
    If you don't want to write an essay about it, just link a (hopefully not too vast) forum topic about the usage or hit me unconscious with the manual

Sorry for a question that is not really related to the topic...

15+ Year Old Account

[img width=300]http://i50.tinypic.com/2rw96rt.jpg[/img]

Almost all keys are bound and hidden, gives a cleaner UI. Cleaner UI equals more gamefeeling.

Fear 3549 spellpower with felarmor.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted

[IMG width=300]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff210/goitage/goitui-1-1.jpg[/img]

Recently changed my raid unitframes to Vuhdo, so just tidying that up atm.

I'm like 80% keybinds & 20% clicker (for my non-essential things) :P so it serves me well

My core addons are BTEX for the bottom art, Pitbull, Vuhdo, Sexymap, recount, SLDT, Miks SCT, Elkanos Buffbars, Quartz, Powerauras, Rant Tooltip and Dominos

I have a lot of alts and this UI migrates well with pretty much every other class. It also performs extremely well - i get 30-60 fps in most raid encounters/Dalaran at peak time : with a mid-range PC

Quote Originally Posted by Goit
    Awesome. Much props for
    A: Not being afraid to incorporate artwork
    B: Using lock-appropriate artwork
    C: Getting sexymap to blend in whilst still looking cool

Only thing I'd change personally is to darken down the mottled texture along the panels, but that's just me.

One question: where do you have target's buffs displayed?

Edit: Or wait, is that artwork from an addon preset? Well, it still looks cool.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Necrodancer
    Awesome. Much props for
    A: Not being afraid to incorporate artwork
    B: Using lock-appropriate artwork
    C: Getting sexymap to blend in whilst still looking cool

Only thing I'd change personally is to darken down the mottled texture along the panels, but that's just me.

One question: where do you have target's buffs displayed?
    ty

Getting target buffs just the way I want is my problem just now >.< If there's something I *have* to keep an eye on then I switch them on in Pitbull and the problem with Pitbull is I can't work out how to make my own debuffs larger than the rest of the debuffs on the target and it just becomes a clutter, but Quartz is pretty good for keeping an eye on my personally applied debuffs/buffs and I like the fact that when I focus/banish Quartz has a timer bottom left of the cast bar for the focus target debuffs.

I used to like the way that X-Perl handled buffs/debuffs on targets - but meh! x-perl.

Edit** so for now I just have to trust that the rest of my guildies are applying their debuffs/specced properly/RL is bringing the proper comp :-X Damn mages all going arcane to pewpew won't scorch (luckily we have a fluffer lock most of the time

15+ Year Old Account

I wish more people would post screenshots of their UI when raiding. I know not everyone raids, but as a raider I'd like to see more. Anyone's UI can look good just standing in a city but the true awesome UI's come out when you have a clean, functional look in a 25 man raid in combat.

I took some pics from my UI a while ago...

Party/Combat:
    [img width=300]http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/4725/addonssmall.jpg[/img]
    Note:That's my Destruction UI and I use 2 click-through buttons to kleep track of my Conflag and CB.
    My debuffs are right under my buffs but way bigger.

Raid UI (Affliction):
    [img width=300]http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/4859/raidsmall.jpg[/img]
    Note: I slightly changed the look of my buffs between the pics fo easier traking of "my" buffs (flask, food, stones etc.)

Raid UI (Affliction) in combat:
    [img width=300]http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/1386/afflraidcombatsmall.jpg[/img]

Idle in Dalaran:
    [img width=300]http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/92/idlesmall.jpg[/img]

I tried to keep it as clean as possible and avoided redundant information.

Quote Originally Posted by BartolGdH
    Nice idea to hide all these things with the combat text. I think I'll do that as well. Also highlights the important things.

I could, however, never play without my bars with the spells on it...I don't know why. Perhaps a control-freak-I-want-to-see-which-spell-I-am-casting-in-case-I-press-the-wrong-button thing...

By the way: I am a lazy person and don't bother looking myself, but...
    What is that thing you record these videos with again? How does it work and is it easy to get into using it?
    If you don't want to write an essay about it, just link a (hopefully not too vast) forum topic about the usage or hit me unconscious with the manual

Sorry for a question that is not really related to the topic...
    The application is fraps, here is a decent guide to the very basics of putting a movie together http://www.warcraftmovies.com/articleview.php?id=25
    Here is the Movie Making thread from the warcraftmovies.com forums where you can probably find answers to anything.

15+ Year Old Account

I never understood what addons like MSBT add to a dpsclass. My personal opinion is that it's totally useless. If there are any important info regarding procs/debuffs I need to know of I use PowerAuras
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

One of the things I found that really helps when making a 'clean' ui is getting rid of all the information that doesn't actually affect your gameplay decisions.

Metron, in your UI, you can see things like heals from fel synergy and mana gains from replensishment - at any point in your raid will you look at that information and make a decision based on it? If the answer is 'no', then you can clean up you UI by removing it. That applies to other things as well like most debuffs on the raid frame of your target. You might want to see some debuffs like misery or ebon plaguebringer, but no other debuffs will change the way you are playing. And you can probably do without your text combat log showing as well - the information usually moves too fast and is too dense to glean anything useful from it at a glance. Also, I don't see where your cast bar is.

Goit, you have powerauras showing you what the CD on your spells are, so why have them showing up on your action bars as well? You also have a scrolling combat text addon and I understand that most people have something like that and you get used to it after a while, but it doesn't affect your decision making during an encounter so it doesn't need to be there.

Deleted

Aye, true Merckx, I have been thinking this myself for a bit too, MSBT is basically clutter that I could do without, If I'm totally honest with myself the *only* time I use it is to throw a look and try to see how much CoD hit for in amongst all the spam >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Merckx
    Goit, you have powerauras showing you what the CD on your spells are, so why have them showing up on your action bars as well? You also have a scrolling combat text addon and I understand that most people have something like that and you get used to it after a while, but it doesn't affect your decision making during an encounter so it doesn't need to be there.
    and the whole getting 'used to it being there' is right on the money - I'll probably get shot of that soon too.

Awesome UI Goit, gief

15+ Year Old Account

[img width=300]http://i46.tinypic.com/xf90xv.jpg[/img]

Here is my raiding UI, an example on how clean a warlock who cannot dispell/decurse etc can afford to have his/her UI
    At some fights I enable Grid, been doing that druing faction champions but generally I very seldom see any point of grid either.
    The empty slot between Onyxia and my bars with the healthstone is used for when I want a focustarget and its target.
    I know its not aesthetically beautiful (will fix some alignments) but its not the point for me as a endgame hardmoderaider, I'm happy when it shows as little as possible. If it doesnt have some "cool" LOTR theme, well I couldn't care less

Tips to ppl who want to clean up their UI.
    * Obviously, run as high res as u get stable fps with
    * Dont show nametags on anything but enemies (check previous post with a pic)
    * MSBT, Grid, etc are useless most of the times (99%)
    * You dont need that many keys to be shown, basicly those that you need some sort of item or regent, for example Helathstone, Food etc.
    * Hide, hide and hide your keys
    * You dont need damage done display you only need threat display. Recount handles threat too so just swap to displaying damage done after the fight, saves you a window on your screen.
    * You dont need Portraits, if you got a big monitor then its cool on smaller ones you need to decide if it worth i.
    * Keep a minimum of info on bars, just the info you need, % is nice as a lock for drain souls so keep that.
    * Dont use WOW defaultframes for showing buffs, no Elkbuffs and such. Stick with pitbulls way of showing it. Might take some getting used to but in the end you save tons of screenspace.
    * Your pet dont need any bar showing buffs debuffs, if you need to see those just target it. Targets target, same deal. Some info is just for showing what a target is targeting atm.
    * Remove most of the combattext in WOW you dont need to see incoming heals on yourself (which i missed to remove I noticed).
    * Set the opacity as you like it. Its nice that the chatwindow fade out during a raid just showing the most recent textes like a DBM warning.

/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear() <-- This let you get away from the problem of having "Spell not ready" in red color all over your screen when you press a spell thats still not off it's CD. (check previous post with a pic)

Updated it a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    [color=red]Tips to ppl who want to clean up their UI.
    Well here's one for you: clean up your fonts and bar textures, dude. :P

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Necrodancer
    Well here's one for you: clean up your fonts and bar textures, dude. :P
    Yea fonts matter so much, protip. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    Yea fonts matter so much, protip. Thank you
    Its purely aesthetic, but matters if you want it to look nice then it does matter and its not terribly difficult to make the textures and font match with the different addons.

I already posted mine once before but I have made some changes. What do you think?
    [img width=300]http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/2333/wowscrnshot111709173645.jpg[/img]

Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Korgath&n=wtfbbqhax