Thread: Warlock UIs

Page 31 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Warlock UIs

I'll be honest, the bottom of your previous UI was fine, I think it was just the main playing area that was perceived as a little messy. What with the cast bar's location, and the button timer thingy's location.

As for action bars, well personal preference, I can understand why people might like to show them. Personally though I'd prefer no buttons on screen - unfortunately I don't trust myself binding potions, I always end up hitting that exact key by mistake - I never hit the wrong key until I start binding pots, and then I mash them all the time, god knows why, but I don't really fancy wasting pots, so I have a couple of buttons on screen unfortunately :P

Thats OOC.

thats in combat.

Spells that are not on my bars are on invisble bars and menus.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeli
    I'll be honest, the bottom of your previous UI was fine, I think it was just the main playing area that was perceived as a little messy. What with the cast bar's location, and the button timer thingy's location.
    It was fine, but maybe a little unnecessary. It does look alot more clear. I might show a few things, and hide everything else so i can move them down a bit. The playing areas has been reduced by getting rid of the background (no space for cast bar etc), i got rid of omnicc and am using the cooldown timer, so no need for action bars. Got rid of MSBT as well, don't use it.

Deleted

Changed the 25-man layout so that the healthbars are the same colour as the others with class-coloured names. Any (well, most) comments or suggestions welcome, run out of things I can think to tinker with.

At no point did I mean to attack you personally as a player or a human being, I was just posting my thoughts regarding your UI, I hope you didn't take it personally

I posted in response to someone else's UI earlier in the thread that I think that having too much information displayed actively decreases the amount of useful information you can take in. That's why I mentioned the redundancies I saw in your UI. As for the aesthetic stuff, I specifically mentioned that I was talking about the "form" of the UI - I know that the font and the bar textures aren't going to make you a better play, they are just ways to make the UI look pretty.

I think your new versions look MUCH better than the old ones. I still think that showing your action bars is a waste of space, but I haven't found enough people to jump on that bandwagon and hide everything. I personally only have 1 button showing in my UI - dark pact - so that I know if I am in range of my pet.

That's ok, i perhaps took it more personally than i should have done.

Which one would you say is better? The second is what i have currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena
    That's ok, i perhaps took it more personally than i should have done.

Which one would you say is better? The second is what i have currently.
    Well that's up to you :P

I must admit I do like the layout of the second one better though as well.

Great UI's! The first one is better IMO!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/world-of-warcraft-lore-by-richard-knaak-(spoilers)/

http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/world-of-warcraft-lore-by-richard-knaak-(spoilers)/

10+ Year Old Account

I've always just used the standard blizzard ui and arrange things such as grid, dbm, omen, recount, coords around the spare space due to using a widescreen monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by iLive
    I will propably make some minor changes to my user interface (iLive user interface), and make it more DPS friendly. This will conclude removing text box from right lower cornor and add Grid (or dps meter) and threatmeter into that box. Increasing the size of cast bar and center it and have debuff tracker/cooldown tracker above it. I think it'll be cool, but there's alot of work since I haven't updated this UI for patch 3.3 either yet and can't before I get my PC back from repair. :[
    This would be great. Any chance for adding ForteXorcist also?

Made a couple of changes to my UI

15+ Year Old Account
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    I win
    Why do you have skada showing while solo/idle? Looks like it could do with a resize as well.
    Minimap a bit messy for my liking, you need to see those buttons?
    I think unitframe portraits detract from the 'clean' look.
    5% Alpha - I can still see 'em.
    Map, UF, Skada, Chat... - 1 font to rule them all?

This is the best I can come up with right now. I'll post my current tonight, if you fancy retaliation. Have at you. Noob :P

Deleted

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ratskinmahoney
    Why do you have skada showing while solo/idle? Looks like it could do with a resize as well.
    Minimap a bit messy for my liking, you need to see those buttons?
    I think unitframe portraits detract from the 'clean' look.
    5% Alpha - I can still see 'em.
    Map, UF, Skada, Chat... - 1 font to rule them all?

This is the best I can come up with right now. I'll post my current tonight, if you fancy retaliation. Have at you. Noob :P
    yea I should fix the font just lazy I play on a 26" so I cant really say minimap icons in some corner bothers me. If so your UI showing fps, number of frost badges u got, bagspace bother you I guess
    Showing BLZ buffs in default and spamminng nametags on enemies as default is something that clutter gamespace if anything.

Cheers!
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I downloaded it, but it looks absolutely messed up. How would I make it like yours?
    http://i45.tinypic.com/es6u1j.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Melancholy
    I downloaded it, but it looks absolutely messed up. How would I make it like yours?
    http://i45.tinypic.com/es6u1j.jpg
    Read the description.. you probably didnt replace the WTF folders

I did, looks better now. I think I need to change my resolution accordingly. It doesn't fit, and I don't know how to change it to 1650x1000 or whatever. Any tips?