Thread: Warlock UIs

Page 58 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Don't know if this is the right place to post this... but I'm new to warlock raiding and I've found that the UI I use for my hunter doesn't quite fit the bill. I was wondering if there are any typically found "staple" addons people use? As well as any highly recommended addons for a minimalist-styled UI? If this isn't the right place to post this, if someone would point me in the right direction that'd be great! Otherwise, I can't wait to hear back from someone (or somepeople). =]

You will need to take into account your preference for timers, for durations and cooldowns.
    Some players get on with numerical timers, while others prefer bars.
    For timers, then PowerAuras can handle that just fine.
    For bars, then my preference is NeedToKnow.

Satrina Buff Frames or Buffology for manipulating the appearance of, and customisation of your buffs display.
    Dominos/Bartender for your bars display, though this is starting to get into issues you have likely resolved from the hunter UI.

15+ Year Old Account
    I recommend Forte for a minimalist setup. Just disable EVERYTHING except the Spell Timer, and set that up with zero text overlays.

R.I.P. YARG

Actually... I ended up downloading LUI v3.0 and tweaked it a little to my specifications. I added AtlasLoot, Postal, Auctioneer, Deadly Boss Mods, Inline Aura, GogoMount and GearScore to the mix just for functionality. (Except DBM & Inline Aura, which I use for my Immolate debuff timer)

Quote Originally Posted by Supernex View Post
    I have since changed the pet UF to match more closely to the player UF, but here it is:

http://i51.tinypic.com/2lthkas.jpg
    I really like how the mana bar shows up but that font wouldn't match the rest of my ui.Could you tell me what add ons you are using for that?And do they come with options to change them around?

Also are you using kgpanels or something similar?

Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuu View Post
    I really like how the mana bar shows up but that font wouldn't match the rest of my ui.Could you tell me what add ons you are using for that?And do they come with options to change them around?

Also are you using kgpanels or something similar?

Thank you in advance.
    It's an edited version of TukUI. (Mostly Saft's edit.)

I will burn your soul.

The VERY BEST warlock UI ever made.... EVER!

MUST CLICK!!!!

freewebs.com/quickplaya/thershen.jpg

It is a nice looking UI Lord Thershen and I would like to know what addons you use.
    I still need to clean up my own UI but starting with a fresh build and only getting in what is needed would be fine and it helps if I know what you used.

My views particularly on the viewport aside.

Likely BTEX for the bottom graphics.
    Bartender for the action bars, with a Cycircled skin I think is called Gears.
    Though I would go with the more recent ButtonFacade which will also support most of it not the same skins and more.
    Dominos will achieve same action bar functionality, should there be any preference.
    Xperl unit frames.
    The minimap is not distinctive enough, but due to not being anything special there are many which will serve the purpose of a square moveable one just fine.

You are right. I have other small addons like tooltip on mouse etc...

I didn't see the need to go with a "more recent ButtonFacade" considering I keybind EVERYTHING. Though if you had to click something... I guess I would suggest a more uniform button design.

If you truly like the graphics... I can give you the WTF folder if you wanna throw me your email.

Cycircled has been officially abandoned, with the last update being late 2008.
    Therefore if anything it is a miracle it is still working, and with good reason I suggest something which is still being actively updated, and being better supported by recent addons.
    It will perform the same role, and is less likely to break horribly at some point in the future, or at least will be updated should blizzard change something which affects it.
    ButtonFacade was specificially derived from Cycircled, so it is not just a random copy of the idea, but instead an improvement and continuation of the concept.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2010-09-30 at 04:10 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwind View Post
    O.o This is exactly the type of UI i've been building towards. Any chance you could take a screenshot of your addons folder?
    hey mate, I could put a SS of my addon folder, but its full of useless addons.
    I'm pretty sure it's an old variation of Skullflower's UI, I wanted to change to the one I just linked, but for some reason it bugs out haha.
    If you wanna know specific addon's, let me know here or PM or something

http://i56.tinypic.com/2cy0jkl.jpg

Used for all of my toons, for the most part.
    Imo, it needs more purple.
    Omen would be on the left next to the chat panel, if it weren't hidden.
    oUF_Nivea as the unit frames.
    Last edited by Gothling; 2010-10-09 at 07:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by mmocb6c60eb57d; 2010-10-09 at 10:53 PM.

Guess ill throw mine in here also
    Oh hi

I've finally found one that I really like, now I just need to show all the neat stuff it has in one single SS...

Quote Originally Posted by bobsmith06 View Post
    is this some variant of ouf, and if yes which one

Quote Originally Posted by randa View Post
    is this some variant of ouf, and if yes which one
    It is indeed an oUF layout, but oUF comes embedded with that layout.

gFrames @ wowinterface.

Deleted
    I don't like any of the pre-made UI sets. They're usually either trying to look really cool and thus they take huge amounts of screen real-estate, or they're just packing way too many things in there and again takes too much space on my screen. I like my UI clear and non-cluttered.

http://i56.tinypic.com/10zwl5l.jpg