Thread: Warlock UIs

Page 59 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie View Post
    I like my UI clear and non-cluttered.

That's clean and uncluttered!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Warlocks are hard.

Could you compile that UI so that others can use the same setup?
    Or is there somewhere I can already download it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Warlocks are hard.

Last edited by mmocb6c60eb57d; 2010-10-14 at 09:48 AM.

http://img809.imageshack.us/i/wowscr...210095213.jpg/ Using bit modified Spartan UI as base, timers are modified Rogue Power Bars.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is mine, base of spartan UI and a few extras ive picked up along the way. i like clutter and...

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/m...710_140217.jpg
    Last edited by Fiveyoushi; 2010-10-27 at 06:06 PM. Reason: trying to get thumbnail to work..... it didnt work in the end

I was somewhat bored and decided to tweak my UI a bit, this is the end result.

I've seen some pretty poor UI's so far. Here's mine:

http://i52.tinypic.com/30wlcuo.jpg

Oh yes, the bottom right box is both Omen and Recount.

DBM is far left.

I use a custom Satrina Buff frame middle left, and debuffs middle right.
    Last edited by mmocb6c60eb57d; 2010-10-31 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawthorne View Post

Which skin are you using for you action buttons?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I was somewhat bored and decided to tweak my UI a bit, this is the end result.

Why show hundredth of secs on duration etc?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Why show hundredth of secs on duration etc?
    When clipping DoTs mattered, it gave me an imaginary feeling of knowing exactly when to refesh my DoTs. Now it's just stuck there witout no real reason. Since I'm used to having it there, I didn't notice I still have it.
    Last edited by Khadjid; 2010-10-31 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie View Post
    I like my UI clear and non-cluttered.
    Agreed! I just take it a step further and hide my buttons too lol, and ive actually shrunk the timers and cooldown bar(on the right) since that screenie, I would prefer to disable the CD bar, but the orange timers in the middle are "cooldown timers" and it needs the bar addon enabled

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...110_135048.jpg

Timers + CD bar = ForteXorcist
    I use bartender for hot bar (not that you can see em! lol)
    prat/recount/elkano's buff bars/grid (which is in a weird place, its usually bottom center in the black bar)
    Sunn Viewport for the bottom blackness
    Tidy plates
    Parrot combat text (dots + pet dmg rolling often my nukes damage wouldnt even get displayed... thats just no fun!)
    Quartz casting bar
    Shadowed Unit Frames

Still a bit unsure about mine at the moment. I'm using an edited version of Tukui (with a lot of preferred addons thrown in) and I have a bit of a thing for having everything directly below my character, making it seem a bit'stacked up'.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...110_143418.jpg

Any advice would be great. I'm certainly not a minimalist, I can't play with hardly anything there and don't feel comfortable, which I suppose makes it a challenge. The icons show when things are ready (TellmeWhen). There's quite a lot to track as demo and I don't just want to rely on the cooldown timer. The dot timer and the proc bars on the left hand side is NeedtoKnow, and I use Sexycooldown. I also use power auras for decimation and molten core. I use a bit of everything really as I'm very visual and don't want a screen full of either bars or icons...more a bit of both with a few power auras thrown in to keep me alert. Obviously during a boss fight everything should be on cooldown (except maybe shadowflame) so most of those icons won't be there, making it a little less of an eye sore as it is in the pic.

The gap on the right is where Omen is meant to be, and I still have some space for extra spells which I'll sort out later. My cast bar is a bit big also I guess. Grid is between my cast bar and action bar (you can see my box), I only raid 10 man and it's nice to have Grid here so I can see health and debuffs. I also have healing alts that I play a lot so I like to have it consistent between characters. Having Grid there is partly the reason for the stacked up feeling, I think.
    Last edited by Jenerena; 2010-11-01 at 02:51 PM.

Hey check this out, an original UI that's clean…

http://yfrog.com/4xlockuij
    Last edited by Killadrewid; 2011-11-01 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawthorne View Post

Oh yes, the bottom right box is both Omen and Recount.

DBM is far left.

I use a custom Satrina Buff frame middle left, and debuffs middle right.
    Why would a warlock need raidframes? Are you going to heal someone? If not, you care about theyr hp? If it just for Soulstone, i wouldnt bother.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashmodan View Post
    Why would a warlock need raidframes? Are you going to heal someone? If not, you care about theyr hp? If it just for Soulstone, i wouldnt bother.
    I used to have raid frames just for general raid awareness, that and the fact I'd have to summon 24 people 2 or 3 times each.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashmodan View Post
    Players might want to adjust their playstyle depending on how the raid is doing. For example if I see that the players who are doing the kinetics on blood princes are dead (Just an example), then I might choose to go and shoot at that kinetic that's close to the ground.

If Defile is about to hit and I see that the healers already have stuff going on I might want to hit shadow ward. If the entire raid is entirely topped off I might be inclined to finish 1 or 2 more casts before moving out of a voidzone.

img191.imageshack.us/img191/3500/wowscrnshot102610183834.jpg

Nothing fancy. Just Kgpanels, bartender, ebb, and forte.

not having raid frames of some sort (even default) just makes you a bad raider imo, awareness is crucial as well as fight mechanics that require you to watch debuffs on others (do you manually target people to bite them or something?)