Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Some advices as a Healadin

Quote Originally Posted by Exerci
    Anything over 1300 hps is overhealing? Now, let's imagine an easy case, like solohealing the tank on steelbreaker in an IC normal attempt. In the assumption that steelbreaker misses with half his normal punches, and assuming he hits once per 2 seconds, which is fairly standard, he'll land a normal hit every 4 seconds on average. Each of those hits will do around 20k damage, so that's 20k per 4 seconds, hence 5k dps to the tank. To keep the tank from dying a miserable death, you will then need 5000 hps to keep him from dying in the average situation.

Now, anyone who has ever raided knows that you can't rely on the boss missing on half his hits. Imagine a 40k health tank, a healer doing exactly 5k hps, and steelbreaker punching the tank in the face. If the average situation occurs, the tank lives and everyone is happy. In a worst case scenario, steelbreaker hits tank for 20k, tank is healed to 30k before next punch which sends him to 10k, and is now healed to 20k before steelbreaker on the third punch punches the tank's face in.

The reason why so many paladin healers are big proponents of the holy light method, is that the holy light method works both when you get a bad string of avoidance and on the average fight. The flash-spam works in most situations, but worst case scenarios that usually require the utmost healing capacity a healer can do, will, if they tax a holy light spammers healing capacity to the fullest, be literally impossible to heal through with flash spam, even with holy shock + flash spam.
    tell my why u only have 1 healer on steelbreaker on council 25? usually have 2 heals on him, 1 on each of the other 2, and 2 raid healers. I heal it every week, if it's solo, or 2 heal main tank my tank never dies unless he stands in a rune of power or doesn't get dispelled by person assigned to it. I have found u want to HL a couple times to start, then usually flash keeps them up. MT u need to spam HL when he's casting punch, then back to flash.

and 368 haste gives 1.3 second hl? need to see that still. I had JoP, 566 haste rating, 5% woa, 3% boomkin, and .5 reduction tonight and was at 1.37 second cast. what i keep saying, u don't need all flash, or all HL. If u build to HL and nothing else u suck too much of other stats. Use your brain, heal what u need too, use spell needed. Tonight i was like 50/50 effective healing between flash and HL. but again that's yogg, p2 i cleanse and dps more then heal and p1 has so little damage.

Yogg isn't a Tank Healing intensive fight...
    I even use FoL on that fight...
    P3 is the only place where you use HL.
    You act like you are all that. FoL does not keep a tank up if you are doing steelbreaker hard mode.

And use your brain instead mr.

Preemptive > Reactive
    in Healing.
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

Quote Originally Posted by darthceltic
    tell my why u only have 1 healer on steelbreaker on council 25? usually have 2 heals on him, 1 on each of the other 2, and 2 raid healers. I heal it every week, if it's solo, or 2 heal main tank my tank never dies unless he stands in a rune of power or doesn't get dispelled by person assigned to it. I have found u want to HL a couple times to start, then usually flash keeps them up. MT u need to spam HL when he's casting punch, then back to flash.

and 368 haste gives 1.3 second hl? need to see that still. I had JoP, 566 haste rating, 5% woa, 3% boomkin, and .5 reduction tonight and was at 1.37 second cast. what i keep saying, u don't need all flash, or all HL. If u build to HL and nothing else u suck too much of other stats. Use your brain, heal what u need too, use spell needed. Tonight i was like 50/50 effective healing between flash and HL. but again that's yogg, p2 i cleanse and dps more then heal and p1 has so little damage.
    Because one healer can do it. Why are you having two healers on steelbreaker when a single one can do it if he's working his ass off? Flash of light is good for healing weak shit, but when you're solohealing steelbreaker on 25, there's no such thing as weak hits. Any bad string that will occur to you will fuck you over if you're flashing. If you're holy lighting, you can do it.

You can FoL ONLY in Steelbreaker Phase 1. Phase 2 and 3 will lead to tank death ASSUMING you have a support healer but that healer will be carrying your ass.
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

i'm not all that. but u don't need to spam HL to be a holy pally.

and again, we use 6 healers on most fights. 5 on yogg. 3-4 on hodir hard mode. We clear every week. freya +1, xt hard, hodir hard, council medium. Had yogg -mim down to 8% last night but in p2 one of our pally healers took a noob lazer and died and in p3 with another healer needing to throw in his mace while the other uses aura mastery for the roar, we just didn't have enough for the tanks. and yeah, i was HL spamming that fight.

u can mindlessly HL spam, but u can use FL, Shock, SS, beacon as well. Use everything u were ment to use. Blizzard didn't mean to create this HL spam and nothing else. gem int and nothing else pally healing. And they are fixing it so u can't. So u better damn well learn how to heal without pure HL spam cuz in 3.2 it's OUT OF HERE.

i find that a mix and match of both FoL and HL work well on normal and hard modes. ive only done a few ie hodir steelbreaker and xt hards but ive found i can use both FoL and HL throughout both fights so i end with 30% on both HL and FoL and rest on other heals etc. steelbreaker fight u can fol phase 1 and 2 as long as u use big heals timed run on the punch or use HL wen the rune. but really HL spam is waste of mana and fol is uneffective heals .

any pally whos doesnt use all there spells is a boring and not that great a healer

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...oth&n=Pallybot

heres my link if u feel the need to bash me over my opinion. it seems the thing to do on these forums