Page 1 of 3
LastLast

wat my dps is shit

For whatever reasons I can't pull off more than 4k dps.
    I still only have 1 piece of Tier8.
    Whenever I get another piece would the 15% more damage on Devouring Plague make my dps go up alot?

My gear.

2245 Spellpower Selfbuffed.
    287 Hit.
    382 Haste.
    15% Crit.

The sad thing is I do the same dps as I did when I had 18xx Spellpower...
    My new starting rotation is: Mind Blast > Vampiric Touch > Devouring Plague > Mind Flay > Mind Blast > Shadow Word: Pain.
    My old one was: Vampiric Touch > Devouring Plague > Mind Blast > Mind Flay > Shadow Word: pain.

I use Mind Blast every cooldown unless I have to refresh Vampiric Touch and Devouring Plague over Mind Flay.
    My highest dps ever was probably 4.8k on loathab rofl.

I really don't know....
    I keep my dots up, Mind Blast every CD and I guess I'm doing 3k still.
    Oh and my Shadow Word: Pains hits for 900.... Isn't that a bit fucking low?

My armory.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...estone&n=Esque

Re: wat my dps is shit

If you lag your dps goes in the drain. If you mess up your dps goes in the drain.

Just giving your stats isnt enough, armory link so we can see your spec, what you gem for, etc.

you should be putting SW:P on the target BEFORE you mind flay! whats wrong with you!?

Not only does yur mind flay do more damage when SW:P is on the target, but it refreshes the
    durataion, so it really shouldint be in yur rotation in the 1st place. U cast it ONCE and only once.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaze0zzy
    you should be putting SW:P on the target BEFORE you mind flay! whats wraong with you!?

Not only does yur mind flay do more damage when SW:P is on the target, but it refreshes the
    durataion, so it really shouldint be in yur rotation in the 1st place. U cast it ONCE and only once.
    Yeah well if I do that then I only have 3 stacks of weaving.

Anyways....
    Edited first post with Armory link.

Quote Originally Posted by iGREASE
    Yeah well if I do that then I only have 3 stacks of weaving.

Anyways....
    Edited first post with Armory link.
    you mind flay to stack weaving dum dum!

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaze0zzy
    you mind flay to stack weaving dum dum!
    /facepalm.

/facepalm.
    hey im trying to help you, dont put an extra SW:P on the target for an extra stack of shadow weave, use another mind flay instead, im cereal! it's much better!!

also, yur unbuffed crit is really low. better crit = more dot crits! WHICH IS UBER!!

Logging out in PvP gear is very inefficient, also you should read a one of the now many guides on how to play shadowpriest in WotLK.

Your SW:P ticks shows you have little idea about how Shadow Weaving works, and clearly you're not interested in help, so why should we really bother to do more than tell you to read the guides.

Anything we will say, will be reflected in the guides. So it's a read and comprehend issue for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Logging out in PvP gear is very inefficient, also you should read a one of the now many guides on how to play shadowpriest in WotLK.

Your SW:P ticks shows you have little idea about how Shadow Weaving works, and clearly you're not interested in help, so why should we really bother to do more than tell you to read the guides.

Anything we will say, will be reflected in the guides. So it's a read and comprehend issue for you.
    What?
    He said I should Mind Flay to get shadow weaving going which I do.....
    And I use pain with I have 5 stacks.

And I have read alot of guides.

You should read the guides again, some of what you've said shows you havent.

Secondly, posting armory isn't going to help you any, you need to analyse a WWS report to physically calcuate your dot uptime instead of assuming it's as good as it should be. You also need to analyse what your average time is per MB cast.

My guess is your dot uptime is poor, perhaps under 90% and your average MB cast time is probably once every 8+ seconds... I have no idea without seeing a WWS report.

Also, depending on the encounter 4K dps is not all that bad... if you're doing poor on say Ignis in comparison to druids and rogues, that's just the nature of the encounter. So saying your DPS is shit and its only 4K means very little without putting it into context.

Whenever I get another piece would the 15% more damage on Devouring Plague make my dps go up alot?

My gear.

287 Hit.
    382 Haste.
    15% Crit.

My new starting rotation is: Mind Blast > Vampiric Touch > Devouring Plague > Mind Flay > Mind Blast > Shadow Word: Pain.
    My old one was: Vampiric Touch > Devouring Plague > Mind Blast > Mind Flay > Shadow Word: pain.

I use Mind Blast every cooldown unless I have to refresh Vampiric Touch and Devouring Plague over Mind Flay.

I really don't know....

My armory.
    www.shadowpriest.com > mmo-champion priest forums, just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Drooid
    Strykzor > www.shadowpriest.com > mmo-champion priest forums, just sayin'.
    Fixt.

edit: This is how you play a Spriest
    Before i start i would like to point you at
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-jHePE6m1Y
    You may think this guy is utter spastic, you would be right, but its amusing and it will help me get through the pain that is explaining spriest.

1. Spells, you know them, they are all equally terrible, except mind sear, gotta have that AoE niche!

2. Stat scaling, what scaling? Go hit a dummy for 1 minute, you do 4k dps in all ilvl 226 gear, now do it nude, 1.5k dps, at least that's what i got, ALL that gear makes up 2.5k dps? I lold.

3. Talent tree, although I could spec just about any other class for any other spec, I don't know the talents well, except the ones Ive played, and I think the shadow tree has alot of good talents, and alot of equally bad ones. No point tell you how to spec, because if you fail at the most simplest part of playing ANY class, you aren't going to be worth ANYTHING.

4. Shadow Priest Uniqueness, Not unique, we are affliction locks, with replenishment and an overpowered shield wall, thanks for playing!

5. BUT VE IT HEALS. PEW PEW, Shut up, VE heals us, nobody else, its a myth that 100 heals saved THAT GUY because he stood in lava waves, have you seen JoL? now THAT is a heal.

6. Multi Dot, Irrelevant (note this word), at no point am i saying this is useless, well i lied, its kinda useless, but its not entirely, Irrelevant because DPS is not multi dot, DPS is Patchwerk, Thorim or Hodir without the raid buffs.
    See here:

<3 Nezoia.

7. On a serious note.
    got 4pc t8?
    MB -> MF -> VT -> DP -> SWP
    (if you want, add in VE whenever u want it really doesn't matter, i personally do it after the 2nd MB aka. after SWP)

Stats
    1 Spellpower = 100%
    Spellpower > Crit > Haste > Spirit
    100% >70% > 60% > 10%

Haste is worse if you have a high ping, or over 400ish haste (does not include 4set t8)

Casting
    VT, Start casting with 1.5 sec left on your dot, dont know how long 1.5 sec is? GET CLASSTIMER or something similar. Also see below.
    DP, Watch you trinkets internal CD and then use any on use trinkets, cast DP and VT (yes overlap VT), maximum VT and DP damage. 2 DP usually depicts 1 45sec internal cooldown. or close to it.
    MB Short cooldown, dont stuff it up.
    SWD use on hodir with full buffs, maximum lolz ensured.
    MF Is like the railgun from UT, except it hits as hard as wand, just faster.
    Possible side effects of Mindflay

Ive had enough for now.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

change your metagem, your is bad
    use more crit gear
    install

http://elitistjerks.com/f32/t27185-s...analysis_tool/

and review fight performance yourself

btw, imp fear, horror and inner focus are not that good on a pure pve spec

Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    Fixt.

edit: This is how you play a Spriest
    Before i start i would like to point you at
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-jHePE6m1Y
    You may think this guy is utter spastic, you would be right, but its amusing and it will help me get through the pain that is explaining spriest.

1. Spells, you know them, they are all equally terrible, except mind sear, gotta have that AoE niche!

2. Stat scaling, what scaling? Go hit a dummy for 1 minute, you do 4k dps in all ilvl 226 gear, now do it nude, 1.5k dps, at least that's what i got, ALL that gear makes up 2.5k dps? I lold.

3. Talent tree, although I could spec just about any other class for any other spec, I don't know the talents well, except the ones Ive played, and I think the shadow tree has alot of good talents, and alot of equally bad ones. No point tell you how to spec, because if you fail at the most simplest part of playing ANY class, you aren't going to be worth ANYTHING.

4. Shadow Priest Uniqueness, Not unique, we are affliction locks, with replenishment and an overpowered shield wall, thanks for playing!

5. BUT VE IT HEALS. PEW PEW, Shut up, VE heals us, nobody else, its a myth that 100 heals saved THAT GUY because he stood in lava waves, have you seen JoL? now THAT is a heal.

6. Multi Dot, Irrelevant (note this word), at no point am i saying this is useless, well i lied, its kinda useless, but its not entirely, Irrelevant because DPS is not multi dot, DPS is Patchwerk, Thorim or Hodir without the raid buffs.
    See here:

<3 Nezoia.

7. On a serious note.
    got 4pc t8?
    MB -> MF -> VT -> DP -> SWP
    (if you want, add in VE whenever u want it really doesn't matter, i personally do it after the 2nd MB aka. after SWP)

Stats
    1 Spellpower = 100%
    Spellpower > Crit > Haste > Spirit
    100% >70% > 60% > 10%

Haste is worse if you have a high ping, or over 400ish haste (does not include 4set t8)

Casting
    VT, Start casting with 1.5 sec left on your dot, dont know how long 1.5 sec is? GET CLASSTIMER or something similar. Also see below.
    DP, Watch you trinkets internal CD and then use any on use trinkets, cast DP and VT (yes overlap VT), maximum VT and DP damage. 2 DP usually depicts 1 45sec internal cooldown. or close to it.
    MB Short cooldown, dont stuff it up.
    SWD use on hodir with full buffs, maximum lolz ensured.
    MF Is like the railgun from UT, except it hits as hard as wand, just faster.
    Possible side effects of Mindflay

Ive had enough for now.
    no
    Quote Originally Posted by Sefa

change your metagem, your is bad
    use more crit gear
    install

http://elitistjerks.com/f32/t27185-s...analysis_tool/

and review fight performance yourself

btw, imp fear, horror and inner focus are not that good on a pure pve spec
    thats my pvp helm and im not changing the meta. but that helm is a hella lot better than what I was using before.

My gear.

287 Hit.
    382 Haste.
    15% Crit.

I really don't know....

My armory.
    Do you use any sort of a timer, such as DoTimer to monitor status of your dots?
    Sometimes it's not the gear in question but the way you obtain information and react to it. If you don't have any sort of a timer, get one asap.

Don't mind Strykzor, he's the regular forum troll, who just have to tell everybody how emo his is, due to being terrible at his class.

Funny how spriest is highest dps on Ensidia's kill of hardest encounters ever in WotLK:

Firefighter and Yogg+0, all had 2-3 spriests as top dps.

I use xperl.
    I tried Dotimer but for some reason it wouldn't fucking work.
    So what are some others?

Forte Xorcist is win.