Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: wat my dps is shit

Isn't xperl unit frames? If you're watching the boss unit frame and monitoring the debuff duration there then that's your definite answer to low dps for that gear.
    ForteXorcist and DoTimer are what I tried, FX I didn't like and DoTimer takes some time to set up the way I wanted it. I have no idea if there are any others tbh, but you should get one asap.

Well, when I target the boss it shows all the debuffs with their duration.
    Mine are bigger than the rest.

But I'll test out these other ones.

Deleted

For some reason i dont get it why u should use MB as an opener. With 0 Shadowweaving stacks that mb will be shiet, and for those starting secs in the encounter, u will have 0 dots and u will just waste some time that could be used on other things.

There are not many fights(atleast in ulduar) where u just simply stand there when u engage the encounter and then start casting.

For example:
    - Auriaya: Dont know how u guys deal with her (25man) but we stack up in one corner, let the tanks/hunters with md pull, and then start dps the kittens in an dpsorder. As a spriest, u could first of all just pop up one SWP on the 2 first kittens u have to dps (will get up shadowweaving pretty quick), DP on one of them, and then just go over with MB / VT and then MF the rest until MB cd is gone.

- Kologarn: While getting in ur position, use all ur instants on the arms/torso until ure in ur right position and then start with VT on all 3, DP up, and then go ahead with ur MB. Even if there are targets that actually shouldnt be dpsed, u can always use ur dots to get up your dmg done in recount (which most of the little dmg-whores do).
    Havent seen one dk that hasnt used pestilence to get up the disease on the other 2 targets that u arent attacking that moment ...

- Hodir: dot up everything until youre in a fair position where u will be able to dps hodir during the whole fight without getting OOR, and also where u will be close to either a mage with BBQ and/or moonlights

- Razorscale: Mind Sear is your friend until RS is on the ground, where u quick have to get up the right rotation, where u ONLY use SW:P once and b4 your MF for bonus dmg...

- XT: Dot on pummelers, AOE healbots, if youre supposed to get down adds instead of dpsing the heart, then u always should have SW:P/DP/VT up on the heart for some nice dmg on the chart

Okay, just keep in mind, whenever you are running away for something, use the time wisely and pop your instants on everything around you (if u would overaggro on untanked mobs with your dots, dont be afraid to use fade ^^)

Quote Originally Posted by schleimhaut
    For some reason i dont get it why u should use MB as an opener. With 0 Shadowweaving stacks that mb will be shiet, and for those starting secs in the encounter, u will have 0 dots and u will just waste some time that could be used on other things.
    Because you get 240 haste rating, stack shadow weaving fast due to lower GCD and put up SW:P faster with 5 stacks up. Overall, you have your stuff up faster.
    Mind Blast hitting for 5000 or 5500 makes no difference in the opener sequence.

The explanation behind it can be found at: http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=53036.0 if you're willing to read it.

And what's up with "u" instead of "you".. you bother to capitalize sentences and then go off doing this odd thing to make it harder to read what you write.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Don't mind Strykzor, he's the regular forum troll, who just have to tell everybody how emo his is, due to being terrible at his class.

Funny how spriest is highest dps on Ensidia's kill of hardest encounters ever in WotLK:

Firefighter and Yogg+0, all had 2-3 spriests as top dps.
    You really dont want to let that go do you?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    You really dont want to let that go do you?

Having Shadowpriests doing the top damage in the hardest encounters in the game does sort of poke a hole in your "We have terrible DPS and our spec is broken" theorey, honestly.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

starting the priority ( not rotation ) with MB is fail due to not having misery up..
    so until you are not hitcapped without misery ( and as first you are not, as second it will be a fail on gear ) the rly first cast should be VT imho ( after the start it's ok to prioritize mb instead of vt for the reason we all know already ).

As for dot timer...Xperl have the bigger buff with a little counter...you will becom blind if you check it all the time..and anyway you want have accurate information like fortex ( if it's hard to configure simply try and take Xeo configuration from his UI )

I ditched quartz dot timer to fortex ( note that fortex also track multidot in a ry visible way wile Xperl do not ) and i have to admit that despite the "harder" configuration at start, when is fully working as you want it rly a valuable addon...hardly i can find something better now.

As for the gear...well, that meta ( even if you don't want to change ) it cost like 4,5% of crit damage...it's a huge bonus...and it will give some more %crit, thing that miss alot from your gear.

Btw, T8 shadow leg are bad...use them only if you need them to have the 4x or 2x bonus ( and anyway try to use the other tier part ).

There are not many fights(atleast in ulduar) where u just simply stand there when u engage the encounter and then start casting.
    there are no patch style fight in ulduar ( apart from ignis )...but anyway starting with swp first on a boss is always an error...
    And if you talk about ( when you tell starting with istant when moving...i see swd ony valuable when moving to get in position at start ) starting with DP when misery is not up ( and considering you don't want to apply it with swp due to the sw "bug", then you have no istant to apply it..only a 1,5 casted spell ) it's a BIG fail...if DP get resisted it's rly a big dps loss.

Like others said, you need to give some additional info. A WWS report would be very good, as we then can check how you are keeping up with your dots uptime, etc. Another good thing to know would be your average latency. SPriests are extremely affected by bad lag because of our dots, etc.

Give us that, and we can help

-credit to Rayde

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Having Shadowpriests doing the top damage in the hardest encounters in the game does sort of poke a hole in your "We have terrible DPS and our spec is broken" theorey, honestly.
    Not broken, just gimped.

Mimiron Favours Spriests because.
    Our Dots tick while we run from fire, not many other classes have this luxury.
    P3 has lots of AoE capability, MB + 4set + Mindsear = 20k DPS minimum for the duration of AoE, its disgraceful.
    P4 Spriest can multidot 4 different pieces.

From a PvE view, Mind Flay needs to be buffed, even though i am a firm believer in dots needing a buff as our PvP aspect fails miserably.

Strykzor, I've no idea why someone who apparently can read doesn't understand a simple aspect of this game:

if you have higher dps potential, doesn't mean you will be allowed to use it. That's EXACTLY what happens at certain fights. The fights are designed to favor some sort of dps over another. On a straightforward nuke fight like Patchwerk where you literally stand and shoot - yes, we end up 1k dps below locks / mages / dks / rogues but so what? Hence, the encounters are designed such way that we shine at some, melee shines at some etc.

If they buffed our dots to make them scale with haste then we'd be incredibly OP, and skilled shadowpriests would annihilate every other dpser. That's not really fair towards other classes, especially toward pures.

On the other hand, yes - we could use some minor buffs. We could also use some cool abilities, like say - having SW instantly refresh our Mind Blast. That'd lead to tons of new rotations and playstyles.

I don't think we need any more buffs tbh. Getting dots to crit was just awsome, stop asking for more.

Quote Originally Posted by syanid

On the other hand, yes - we could use some minor buffs. We could also use some cool abilities, like say - having SW instantly refresh our Mind Blast. That'd lead to tons of new rotations and playstyles.
    I quite like this idea. It could mean putting SW back into our PVE rotation, it is a shame that it has been relegated to only being cast as a complete last resort, only when moving.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

That'd be one hell of a T10 bonus and just by having that ability we'd compete without problems even for straight-forward nuke fights, but not being too op or over the top.

i tried to do the WWS thing but da client dont work even with the most upated java

Well, with your current gear, that rotation you mentioned is crap. You're casting swp too late. With that much haste, you could easily VT > MB > DP > MF > SWP before mind blast is off it's cooldown and have your swp benefit from 5 stacks of weaving. After that's it's just a matter of managing your dots and not clipping MF, then profit ???. The t8 2 set is big if you have the magic damage debuff like ebon plaguebringer or the other alternatives. As has also been said in this thread, we scale terribly with haste, get more crit. Also, 287 hit? 289 is the cap with 3/3 in shadow focus and misery.

Yeah I fixed my hit problem.
    I added a 9sp 8hit to my pants. Did they make it so it stops at a certain point?
    Cause I add 8hit and it only goes up to 189 instead of going past it. x.x

Yeah I ended up going back to my old rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrojackelope
    Also, 287 hit? 289 is the cap with 3/3 in shadow focus and misery
    Quote Originally Posted by iGREASE
    Yeah I fixed my hit problem.
    I added a 9sp 8hit to my pants.
    Um, just so you two know, 2 hit rating under the cap will never be a problem, changing 9sp 8crit to 9sp 8hit just for 2 hit rating will actually give you a small dps loss.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Qualia:

Unless you get unlucky with RNG, and miss a 24 second DP cooldown one or several times in a fight. I rather be over the cap with hit, than under it.

Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    Not broken, just gimped.

Mimiron Favours Spriests because.
    Our Dots tick while we run from fire, not many other classes have this luxury.
    P3 has lots of AoE capability, MB + 4set + Mindsear = 20k DPS minimum for the duration of AoE, its disgraceful.
    P4 Spriest can multidot 4 different pieces.

From a PvE view, Mind Flay needs to be buffed, even though i am a firm believer in dots needing a buff as our PvP aspect fails miserably.
    Apparently there is a 4th section to Mimiron i'm unaware of

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    Apparently there is a 4th section to Mimiron i'm unaware of
    oh oh, you got me, i was trying to trick you all, but you foiled my plans.

Its also quite convenient that 3 and 4 are next to each other on the keyboard?