Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Spell Interrupt Removal - Another Nail in the PvP Coffin?

Quote Originally Posted by PalliesThrowStuff
    That's not entirely true. It's 2 GCDs, and takes some *snicker* careful planning.

But a Shaman hitting 3 buttons to do 10k over 2 GCDs is easily comparable to a Paladin hitting wings + CS + DS for similar damage.
    Oh snap I didnt realize I could throw my weapon at you while snarred from 30 yards away.... using 3gcd's to accomplish supposedly the same damage. Go figure. I also never realized I could wear a shield while wielding my big weapon. Dang .... guess you got me a=b.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Yeah you guys have a really hard time......omg.
    You just bubble you way out of everything...all CD's spend.. you pop one button and everything starts all over again....nice to see blizz nerf you guys.
    Go QQ in your bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Unexista
    Yeah you guys have a really hard time......omg.
    You just bubble you way out of everything...all CD's spend.. you pop one button and everything starts all over again....nice to see blizz nerf you guys.
    Go QQ in your bubble.
    GG showing you have NO idea what ret pally talents are or how they function.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

This nerf is not gonna change much at all for skilled retri paladins in arena, don't really know why people are fighting about it.

Learn to pick your battles please?

Oh and Unexista, you truly are one of those newbies stuck at 1300-1400 rating aren't you?

No skilled player no matter class would cry about retri palas being overpowered / faceroll, unless paired with a DK or a warrior. And then they're not even op, they are just extremely good.

Quote Originally Posted by Iniquity
    This nerf is not gonna change much at all for skilled retri paladins in arena, don't really know why people are fighting about it.
    This. We derailed the topic at the end, but the spell interrupt removal has been in place for a while, and was really only effective against frost mages and holy paladins. Munk's concerns were more about the CS/Seal changes in 3.2.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Iniquity

Learn to pick your battles please?

Oh and Unexista, you truly are one of those newbies stuck at 1300-1400 rating aren't you?

No skilled player no matter class would cry about retri palas being overpowered / faceroll, unless paired with a DK or a warrior. And then they're not even op, they are just extremely good.
    To be perfectly honest, I dont pvp pretty much at all and certainly dont consider myself a good PVP ret. I frankly get too frustrated to be truly effective in a pvp enviroment. The HoJ issue doesnt matter to me in a pvp world but it does further irritate me in the world of pve. The reason I chimed up here is that I just get so tired of nublets crying about pally's doing 40k damage in half a gcd while healing from 0-full health and screwing their grandma while forcing there family into incest. My point is simple, the ammount of hyperbole surrounding ret paladins makes them out to be the single most powerful class by a mile in WoW and while we are capable that is simply not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Munk
    The HoJ issue doesnt matter to me in a pvp world but it does further irritate me in the world of pve.
    It still interrupts in pve. It does not interrupt against player targets, kind of like how Exorcism works now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nenji
    you talk a lot of bullshit.. just like the rest of the ret pallies.. whining about that you will get nerfed after being OP.. but wait.. ofc you are not OP.. it's the players you fight that suck! OFC! that's the reason.. NONO blizzard, don't nerf ret.. They are not OP.. you just need to stop letting all the noobs play this game like.. hmm.. like EVERY FUCKING CLASS

If blizzard even tries to think about a small nerf to ret tree, you would be bitching about it like it was the end of the world.. You have bin OP for quite some time now.. just like those DK's

Oh and btw..I accept your challenge.. just tell me when and where
    Coming from a class that dominated S2-S5, and are currently roflstomping this season, this somehow makes your argument weaker. Rogues have seen multiple nerfs, and still continue to be a powerful class in pvp. You have no reason to complain, esp since Ret Aura/Eye For Eye/Thorns were nerfed specifically for you.
    I personally welcome any/all nerfs. I'll still find a way to melt off faces.

10+ Year Old Account

you talk a lot of bullshit.. just like the rest of the ret pallies.. whining about that you will get nerfed after being OP.. but wait.. ofc you are not OP.. it's the players you fight that suck! OFC! that's the reason.. NONO blizzard, don't nerf ret.. They are not OP.. you just need to stop letting all the noobs play this game like.. hmm.. like EVERY FUCKING CLASS

If blizzard even tries to think about a small nerf to ret tree, you would be bitching about it like it was the end of the world.. You have bin OP for quite some time now.. just like those DK's

Oh and btw..I accept your challenge.. just tell me when and where
    Like Rogues, we are OP against under-geared and under-skilled players (read: casuals). And as we all know, you can't balance PvP around 1v1, so don't even try it.

Anything with descent Resil can cut out a lot of Ret's damage: On Live or the PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyese
    It still interrupts in pve. It does not interrupt against player targets, kind of like how Exorcism works now.
    I was under the impression they were entirely removing its interrupt affect IE bosses could no longer be interrupted by it.

Nenji, ive been playing ret for a good length of time now and could out dps a fair ammount of pures back in bc before all the wrath changes. I do have a fair idea what im talking about.

I can barely crit for 10k with wings, both trinket procs, full boss debuffs, and a fully stacked raid with 3/5 coq 8.5 and over 4k ap ub. So yes I do challenge you to show me a ret pally critting for 8k's in an arena against even a clothy with 800+ resil. It doesnt happen, it wont happen, and it never will happen. We simply do not have the hard hitting abilities to MAKE it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelios
    I am curious. How does a stun and a interuption work at the same time, when the stun is twice as long as the interuption ???
    I have tried and tried and tried to come up with a logical explenation, but it just doesn't seem to work.
    use HoJ on mage while he is casting polymorph and he cant blink...

ROGUES are overpowered? sorry what?
    We were NOT op last season nor this
    We get wtfpwnd by you fucking 2h wielders
    The only reason you are calling us op is cus you went 3v3 as newb cleave and got pwnd by RMP
    RMP is on the other hand OP, but that is not cus of the class.. This is cus of the MAGE and the PRIEST and the ROGUE TOGETHER
    And after the patch they will be even stronger
    And I would like to see you melt faces if you went back to your ret pala TBC mode where you were only used to buff... cus your dps was shit.. Melt off faces with that, will ya?
    So I guess the insta-crit primer + mutilate was totally balanced? /pass
    Sure, because Disc/Rogue and RMP (for many seasons now) aren't the top teams? /pass
    Sure, if Evasion, Vanish, Sprint, Blind, Gouge, and Cloak are on cd, and those are your baseline abilities. /pass
    True story, sadly. You got me. =( /fail
    You understand that synergy is powerful, but the way RMP functions is the versatility. They have answers to any/all threats. That's why it's overpowered. Rogues are a big reason for that. /pass
    True.
    I still did. Nobody saw the CS/Judge Blood/Wings to the face coming because they were to busy spamming /lol while I wrecked their face. I suggest you l2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Knight
    We didn't do fine as a broken class without an interrupt. BC Ret everyone knows was by and large a joke. While I won't say we're still broken, I also won't say we're entirely fixed, and having that interrupt, albeit on a talented 40 second CD, is pretty vital in arena to counter CCs and burn a healer down. As for ranged Exo, if you don't have AoW proc then it's a 1.5 sec cast, I'd love to see you try to use that against a DK/Mage/Rogue/Warrior/Shaman and not get locked out of all your Holy Spells for 3-8 seconds. So no, we Don't have a Ranged Exo, we have a "maybe you'll use it in melee when it procs, maybe you'll continue to Insta FoL yourself or your partner because you/he are getting burst down". I really don't consider that fixed by any stretch of the imagination.

Oh and nice double wake up in your post. BTW did you miss that they're giving 2 more specs a MS ability? Cause they were fine without it, but apparently they needed to be given more to screw us over in pvp. Wake up indeed.
    lol@1600 2v2 1300 3v3 Talking about nerf ruining your class for arenas. Players like you would be the ones ruining it if anything. You dont know how many players I know that couldnt break 1800 in bc on their pallies who are running around 2200+ now simply because those 4 buttons you press are pretty good if you know how to press them right.

Rofl Nenji rofl....

Seriously go delete your account. I may not be great at pvp but at least im not BLIND about the power of my class either. Im quite happy and content with both our strengths and weaknesses.

You may not understand this but a simple disarm is enough to declaw a ret pally. Most of our attacks we cant even do without a weapon let alone actually hurt you with them. A good rogue always has and always will be the hardest player to kill. They choose when and where they fight their battles, they have the most utility buttons and if you dont think youre winning you have get out of jail free cards to run away to pick another unfair fight.

Ive known a lot of rogues in my day, some good, some bad, some amazing... the one thing that stands out to me though is that the best rogues i've known are the ones who never felt they were under powered, but simply took some relearning to play. The ones that could still do 3k in heroics in naxx 10 gear, the ones that could pull 5k+ on patchwerk before the buffs and not even having to exploit HAT.

Ooh and no I dont suck, thats just simply where ret stands these days. I do less with my 2h than ive heard some of the rogues in my last guild say they can hit with a dagger.

I have a LOT of respect for GOOD rogues as they have to understand a lot about their class and others to truly win, but those that do are literally nigh unstoppable. You however display to me that you have no understanding of my class and even less of your own; this is why I disregard your comments, this is why you fail in pvp, and very likely in pve.

Ok you talk so much bullshit /true
    and this is rly annoying /true
    you can take away vanish, sprint and blind from that list of yours. If you are to retarded to know why then you /fail
    See what I just did there /lol
    This is rly gay way of typing /true

AND YOU CAN TELL ME ONE THING: WHO ARE THEY NERFING? ROGUES OR PALLIES? SO WHO IS THE OP CLASS?! FUCK YOU MUST BE A THICK HEADED MOTHERFUCKING RETARD TO NOT FIGURE THAT OUT..
    Proof that most undead rogues live in their mother's basement. Sad thing is, you know all of those are true, and you can't even conjure up a counter argument, so you try to inject some satire to inflate an otherwise flaccid post. I'm done with you, and the next time you see a paladin curbstomp you in a bg or arena, it just might be me. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Chmur
    Vanilla WoW +TBC - no interrupt whatsoever, unless you were Blood Elf. Years of Battlegrounds, world PvP, 4 seasons. Without any interrupt. And guess what? Some pallies actually managed to do quite well. But yeah, now when they removed it from us, we will like, ultimately suck and we shouldn't even bother, amarite? Wake up for god's sake.

Have you been to PTR to test out the latest changes? To see what you gained with this last patch? Accomodated yourself to new changes and playstyle? If I won't speak about the Seal overhaul, there is ranged Exo that can be used against players... Now.. isn't the damage at range actually helping you more than the interrupt on long cooldown? Jeez, heaven is falling upon us, we are totaly, totaly doomed.

Wake up please. We did fine as broken class without interrupt. We will do fine as fixed class without interrupt.
    Only Chump are satisfied being able to only reach 2k rating. I never hear a rogue, mage, priest( yea the are hybrid if this is the stupid point you are going to make), warrior(hybrid), DK(hybrid), Druid(hybrid), shaman(hybrid) etc even give the slightest impression that 2k rating is all the play for.

In TBC Ret did not take SKILL, it took LUCK and notthing more in pvp, in pve you HAD to be carried.
    And i know because i was trying to kill stuff in BG and arena and you know what the did not die at all.

Why even stating ptr, its not a buff, just a fix to our dps(and not complete as yet) as stated by blue in the Q&A, since it is low(even compare to hybrids).

The worst thing is the ones who talk as if the are some special snowflake because the every now and then the killed people in TBC BGs or made 2k rating in arena. You look like a Handicap who gets to run in the 100m in the Olympics and pleased with second to last place.

"I hate to break it to you, but WoW is more than a minigame played in the same 3 rooms over and over."

Quote Originally Posted by Yqcooli
    In TBC Ret did not take SKILL, it took LUCK and notthing more in pvp, in pve you HAD to be carried.
    And i know because i was trying to kill stuff in BG and arena and you know what the did not die at all.

Why even stating ptr, its not a buff, just a fix to our dps(and not complete as yet) as stated by blue in the Q&A, since it is low(even compare to hybrids).

The worst thing is the ones who talk as if the are some special snowflake because the every now and then the killed people in TBC BGs or made 2k rating in arena. You look like a Handicap who gets to run in the 100m in the Olympics and pleased with second to last place.

So you're telling me Seal Twisting wasn't a skill? Well, I guess all those times I twisted SoComm/SoB and obliterated clothies didn't happen, and I'm nowhere near the "best paladin in zeh world."

In pve, we did much better than most hybrids. The raid benefitted from 3% crit all the time, and I tore up the other hybrids when I finally got WF totems. It kinda helped that almost every boss in the latter part of bc was demon/undead.

Our dps is kinda low now, but that's because Armpen is terrible for us, and plate is badly itemized. We actually scale amazingly well, and are running into the same problem we had in Sunwell for prot.

Every now and then? Try every other night. There are people out there who are better than you. There are even people that are better than me. It was being done long before you started to ever first qq, and it will continue to be done after you ragequit the game.

To Chmur:

I have played on the PTR and im quite pleased with a lot of the changes and the "on demand" nature of using exo in pvp while having a AoW proc sure is nice.

I think you missing the point most pallies dont have big issues with the damage we out put, we have issue with the lack of utility our class has when it comes to small scale evenly matched encounters.

We can dispel harmful diseases, poisons, and magics from our teammates but not only at the cost of our dps but at great cost of our small mana pool, and YES dispelling 5 debuffs having 3 get resisted ends up taking almost 1/4 of our "resource bar" we have one very short cc which can be broken by ANY damage even a concecrate, and a very long cd stun. Which can be trinketed or in the case of some classes (mage) be broken on their demand.

I have no way to apply preasure to someone like a druid or disc priest. My hits are not strong enough to blow their shields, hots, and heals before they are back to full. I lack any strong dots' or a MS so im virutally useless to a healer in 2's which is where the bulk of idiot pvp'ers like myself reside.

The loss of our one non-racial interrupt im sure frustrates pvp pallies greatly and I presume this is only in prep for something else comming in it's stead.

Good change!
    Theres way too much cc in the game already, remove some!

At OP: OMFG QQ all this means is that you can't keep a mage from blinking. Holy fucking shit. What mage is even dumb enough to be hit by that? All high end mages have timers when your stun is gonna be up, and wouldn't be caught casting. Its only one class that this messes you up with. Get over it.