Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

Datamined worgen and goblin halloween masks

Does this mean new races? or maybe goblins just want to cash in on hallows end more, and blizz thinks worgen fit in. Who knows.

http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/...854#post129854

Also I take no credit for finding this, I just found the topic while browsing on the forums.

Re: Datamined worgen and goblin halloween masks

Hum, i was figuring there'd be some photoshop junk, but that actually seems rather, "possible".
    Why allies would get goblins and horde worgen, or vice versa is "very" strange to say the least though.

Also, the picture in question:

Scrolls right ->>

Goblins should be considered neutral, while worgen are said to be evil incarnate.
    Wolvar / wolf men, seems unlikely. Still, I'd totally roll one, but I suspect the horde will get saddled with goblins due to their long time affiliation with them. Also, the alliance got a "tall" race with TBC, it's possible the horde will get a "small" race with Maelstrom. And the alliance an "ugly" / beast race. To balance the two factions better.

Edit: Blog post on the topic so far. For those interested :
    * http://rrvs.blogspot.com/2009/07/gob...nd-worgen.html

TBH even I am a bit confused regarding this. Mainly due to the worgen.

Goblins at least make sense...

The female worgen is hot...

Quote Originally Posted by Salty Schro
    TBH even I am a bit confused regarding this. Mainly due to the worgen.

Goblins at least make sense...
    Perhaps, but you have to keep in mind Gil'neas (spelling?) would be the perfect starting zone for a worgen race. Plus it easily connects to the horde (undead) starting zones. Or alliance a bit further east.

Goblins would get their starting zone on one of the islands, and connect to the mainland by boat or zeppelin.

With the addition of the maelstrom islands and goblin lands, it "is" the perfect time to add gil'neas.
    Worgen, perhaps a rare and undiscovered race of ex-human werewolves (perhaps another reason why they might join the alliance) would make the most sense to be added with that expansion.

Goblins are already able to wear armor and weapons - can be seen at any zeppelin outside orgrimmar and undercity.

Quote Originally Posted by Proyouknow
    Go see a doctor....

Oh God no.. not even more furries in WoW... :-\
    the ensidia ban was clever marketing

oh noes, someone is using engineering

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Proyouknow
    Kiiiiiiiinda disturbing...
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

15+ Year Old Account

They sure look great. A bit Druidish though.

First post yay

I read a few of the posts on the the forum where this was originally was posted. Some of the guys there suggest and with a high probability, that these 'halloween masks' is related to the event halloween.

Ive never been into those events - its not me - however i remember ppl running around with weird looking masks - so maybe (this is a long shot hehe) just maybe these are actual masks that will change your facial apperance into etiher a goblin or a worgen.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgenheimer
    Ive never been into those events - its not me - however i remember ppl running around with weird looking masks - so maybe (this is a long shot hehe) just maybe these are actual masks that will change your facial apperance into etiher a goblin or a worgen.
    It's possible, since the expansion won't be released by hallow's eve "yet".
    But it could be a very obvious teaser by blizzard as well.

We won't know until the next BlizzCon, but it does look like a very strong hint.

15+ Year Old Account

or maybe both races are neutral and you can choose a faction H oder A or both goblins and worgen are neutral at the end so they can go H and A capitals(will also balance item prices).
    but if they are fixed to A or H
    goblins would go to Alliance(only a special faction of the goblins because booty bay etc would hate horde players then :P)
    and worgen to horde
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I defend Sylvanas because I believe humanity is a waste, in game and IRL. A human life is NOT more important than that of a cat or dog or bird. It just isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by anubra
    or maybe both races are neutral and you can choose a faction H oder A or both goblins and worgen are neutral at the end so they can go H and A capitals(will also balance item prices).
    but if they are fixed to A or H
    goblins would go to Alliance(only a special faction of the goblins because booty bay etc would hate horde players then :P)
    and worgen to horde
    There are various factions.
    Same as, for example the argent dawn / argent crusade are friendly with the horde, even though they primarily exist as humans.
    And, there are plenty of human factions that are at war even with the humans.

The goblins could be considered mercenaries, they love money after all.
    The other goblin factions (booty bay included) might not want to have any special relation with the new playable race.

Neutrality is an option, but would break MANY things at the same time. I highly doubt we'll see a playable neutral faction anytime soon.

I'll do some research later, and make a blog post (see signature) about it later today.
    It's an interesting subject.

15+ Year Old Account

why would it break something? ok it needs some new "features" they have to say in a bg ok i help horde oder alliance, and arena partners would make a problem but nothing that cant be done, think it could be done like oracle and the other faction making a Quest chain to choose a fraction and if u dont want to be it anymore, make a long quest chain or something like that, the positive thing would be to balance the AH prices for horde and alliance, for example on my server an item in the horde ah costs ~ 8k gold, you can get it on alliance fpr 5 or so ..
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I defend Sylvanas because I believe humanity is a waste, in game and IRL. A human life is NOT more important than that of a cat or dog or bird. It just isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgenheimer
    First post yay

I read a few of the posts on the the forum where this was originally was posted. Some of the guys there suggest and with a high probability, that these 'halloween masks' is related to the event halloween.

well hello captain obvious.

but the point is that so far the only halloween masks have been of playable races (afaik - i havent had any others)
    what with "the list" already indicating we're getting worgen race next patch, and goblin being high on everyones expectations to replace panderen if china does have a fit over them, then this is quite interesting in deed.

A great find here Schro.

Until i saw the models i completely dismissed it... but after seeing them my mind has been blown. Last year we had masks as well but they were just flat boards with poorly stretched pixels on them... nothing even close to this. These seem much more detailed than anything previously used in world events, unless im forgetting something obvious.

Why would they put so much effort into creating such incredibly detailed models for a world event? Not to mention creating true male and female worgen faces instead of using the existing one size fits all model. WoW does have a distinct lack of furries (thank god) so maybe this is another hint that they are bringing in worgen as a playable race

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Perhaps, but you have to keep in mind Gil'neas (spelling?) would be the perfect starting zone for a worgen race. Plus it easily connects to the horde (undead) starting zones. Or alliance a bit further east.

Goblins would get their starting zone on one of the islands, and connect to the mainland by boat or zeppelin.

With the addition of the maelstrom islands and goblin lands, it "is" the perfect time to add gil'neas.

Sorry someone had to post it :-X

- Maelstrom Set

Gilneas - 77 to 80
    Grim Batol - 78 to 81
    Kul Tiras - 79 to 82
    Kezan - 81 to 86
    Tel Abim - 83 to 85
    Zandalar - 84 to 87
    Plunder Isle - 86 to 88
    The Broken Isles - 87 to 90
    The Maelstrom - 89 to 90

Goblins have always been a little more horde than alliance. Whether you like it or not, if Goblins become a playable race, they will be horde, not alliance.

Worgen were summoned by a night elf, and dalaran mages.
    It's possible there are Worgen with greater intelligence and are less aggressive.
    Or they may not be Worgen at all, or mutated versions of worgen.

And there's nothing wrong with Bestiality.. Unless you like female tauren, that's just disturbing.

There are some hints (not talking about the "list" here) that indicate Gilneas might be part of the next expansion set.
    Let's imagine that , and tell me how far-fetched it is :
    There's no evidence of what happened beyond Greymane Wall after the scourge took over Lordaeron. Maybe they were overrun by worgens. Maybe somehow they managed to overcome the curse, and while still bearing its mark (phyical appearance), they managed to retain their civilized manners... Once we get to that zone, Alliance leaders decide that they are near-human after all, and let them join (back) the Alliance... And bam ! there you have your reasons for having the worgens as a playable race.

Deleted

Let's keep on topic please, this is not the place for discussion about "furries" and such..[me=Dinnerbone]starts deleting posts[/me]

This doesn't look like Goblin to me. More like Shrek and Fiona ..

And the worgen female indeed look Hot.
    Why Not ^^

I'd say she looks adorable more like *pats the worgen*
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^