Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: What ticks me off about Ret Arenas

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy109
    Do you even play a warrior? The only time you'll get rage from hitting a shielded target is if your swing breaks the shield and the excess damage spills over to their health.
    I dont have to play a warrior. Here is some source that provides that my information is vaild:
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/27/1544...-warriors.html
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...&pageNo=20#395

Now, I don't know how well you play your class but I doubt you ever broke 2k lol, if you didn't notice that you can generate rage from shields.

Quote Originally Posted by Xetrov
    WRONG.
    They DO receive rage when hitting targets with shields. Don't post wrong information if you don't know shit about it.
    On topic: Yes, that would be great to have...
    From WoWiki...
    "Attacks which damage a shield (such as Power Word: Shield) but not the opponent themselves do not generate rage. "

http://www.wowwiki.com/Rage
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

I dont have to play a warrior. Here is some source that provides that my information is vaild:

Now, I don't know how well you play your class but I doubt you ever broke 2k lol, if you didn't notice that you can generate rage from shields.
    You may want to reread the statement a few times. Ghostcrawler said that the plan was to allow warriors to generate rage from hitting shields; so far, all that's been implemented was rage when being hit with a shield effect up on yourself.

Oh, and no, I haven't broken 2k rating.

Plan =/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/= Implementation

[...]The only time you'll get rage from hitting a shielded target is if your swing breaks the shield and the excess damage spills over to their health.
    [...]so far, all that's been implemented was rage when being hit with a shield effect up on yourself.[...]
    Yeah, now you're negating yourself. While I understand that hitting a shielded target and breaking the absorbing shield is way different from just hitting the shielded target it still shows that you're little lost with your class, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ceazyface
    Plan =/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/= Implementation
    It's already live afaik . At least I have hard time with warriors on my priest, they can pretty much faceroll most priest teams in 2s.

I'll speak with my warrior friend tho, and if you guys are right I'll say I was wrong here, but I doubt that :P

Yeah, now you're negating yourself. While I understand that hitting a shielded target and breaking the absorbing shield is way different from just hitting the shielded target it still shows that you're little lost with your class, isn't it?

It's already live afaik . At least I have hard time with warriors on my priest, they can pretty much faceroll most priest teams in 2s.
    I'll clarify what I was trying to say.

If you hit a shielded target and the hit is absorbed, no rage is gained. Because the shield took the entire hit, and no damage was inflicted to their actual health, there is no rage gained.

If you hit a shielded target, and the damage is great enough that the shield's limit is reached, any excess damage is done to the enemy's health and you will gain rage. This is because you are actually inflicting damage to their health bar.

You really don't have to insult me to make your point, by the way. Patch notes and other such evidence tends to work better.

Imo, switch to the rogue and burn on him. If the rmp is leaving you there, allowing you to cleanse/heal, and not cc you, go destroy the rogue in your roflstomp macro, and take the match to a 2v2? That sounds better then cleansing and loosing

Quote Originally Posted by duriell
    The fact that if my judgement gets absorbed by one of the ridiculous amounts of shields that are now out there, I get no mana return from judgements of the wise. When I play against a team like RMP, the mage has ice barrier and the priest is passing out power word shields and i go OOM with all of the defensive dispelling that I have to do because I get no mana return on judgements. They gave warriors rage gen through bubbles, why the heck can I not get my mana when I judge a bubble? Certainly this must be an oversight as I can't see this is working as intended.
    For all of you mouth breathers out there that are about to respond to this post with a "LOL RET FACEROLL", let me save you the time. Don't bother posting here until you have played in the 2k + arena bracket, where guess what, ret isn't overpowered and takes a lot more skill to play than anyone gives credit because people know what they are doing.
    But I digress, I'd love to hear some feedback on my initial point, and how people feel about that or if other serious arena rets share the same view as myself.
    The only thing i can suggest to you mate is deal with it and learn to counter it. I have made dozen's of threads about this issue on this forum and blizzard forums but there seems to be an attitude like re-roll if you dont like it.
    Well if ret paladin did activate Jotw from absorbs then every ret pally in the world could make a ---

/castrandom Judgement of Justice, Crusader Strike, Divine Storm, Hammer of Justice

macro

and just get mana back all the time

but atm i would suggest you never judge some1 with a bubble on them try and get the buble of with DS/CS/WHITE HITS

TBH i think this is little thing is what sets the men from the boys in arena and useing all your seals. I was in arena ther other day getting my brother up the ratings ladder and i just told him to stay in stealth coz he a total nub and i will kill them i just seal twisted seal of light and seal of Martyr and we won alot of games lol. Seal of light and judge light give you like 1.5k healing per hit thats insane and seal of wisdom is pritty godly aswell if your low

i think i heard priest bubble takes 6k dmg to break
    i dont know about mage
    i dont know about paladin lol IM A PALADIN wtf :S

I know ret is really overpowered in the low rating but when it gets to high rating and ppl have resiliance and think about how to counter a ret paladin it gets pritty frustrating

I'll speak with my warrior friend tho, and if you guys are right I'll say I was wrong here, but I doubt that :P
    Do not talk about a class you do not even play.

Hey OP.

I'm playing high in all 3 brackets and I'm annoyed by this issue as well. I usually tend to use a crusader strike before I judge. But it's not gonna fix it 100% of the time.
    Whenever you're against such a setup where you don't get your mana back you're sacrificing some of your niche abilities (heal, hands and cleansing...).
    It's hard to play ret in the top brackets (hence 5% representation) and in some setups it's vital to have a 'mana flow'.
    I'm not sure if this is -absorbed judgement no mana return- is intended which is why I haven't bothered with any posts (also the average age+IQ on fora). Even though you learn to get by this by using damage abilities the mana return will always be a problem vs. some setups where you're bound to have a few judgements absorbed. Hail RMP!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by sadface
    TBH i think this is little thing is what sets the men from the boys in arena and useing all your seals. I was in arena ther other day getting my brother up the ratings ladder and i just told him to stay in stealth coz he a total nub and i will kill them i just seal twisted seal of light and seal of Martyr and we won alot of games lol. Seal of light and judge light give you like 1.5k healing per hit thats insane and seal of wisdom is pritty godly aswell if your low
    clearly you don t play paladin... Or you play at 120 rating against green geared players, beating an opposing team just by seal twisting sob and sol is not even close to possible. Oh and btw, i dont know how much ap you have, but even in raid setting with full t8 gear my judgement of light proc for 1,2k MAX, so stop lying with your "1,5k jol proc", liar.

For all of you mouth breathers out there that are about to respond to this post with a "LOL RET FACEROLL", let me save you the time. Don't bother posting here until you have played in the 2k + arena bracket, where guess what, ret isn't overpowered and takes a lot more skill to play than anyone gives credit because people know what they are doing.
    Sorry to shatter your dream but as I play in the 2k2+ bracket (not braguing or anything), ret is still much more faceroll/retarded than any other class. I saw some not-so-good rets reaching 2400 in 3s

pretty sure they even changed the wording of jotw so that this is working as intended.

minor nerf to ret that accidentally happened but they liked it so its here

at the guy who spelled bragging braguing (and was clearly "braguing" lol):
    you're an idiot.

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Yeah this really hurts me as a ret in arena. But you gotta live with it :\ just pop a good stun lock on that preist and @$!& up the others ;D

The fact that if my judgement gets absorbed by one of the ridiculous amounts of shields that are now out there, I get no mana return from judgements of the wise. When I play against a team like RMP, the mage has ice barrier and the priest is passing out power word shields and i go OOM with all of the defensive dispelling that I have to do because I get no mana return on judgements. They gave warriors rage gen through bubbles, why the heck can I not get my mana when I judge a bubble? Certainly this must be an oversight as I can't see this is working as intended.
    But I digress, I'd love to hear some feedback on my initial point, and how people feel about that or if other serious arena rets share the same view as myself.

Honestly i understand this, but u can outplay this situation.
    try to change your rotation, when u see a shield is freshly up, sounds stupid i know, but u have to get the feeling when to use your judgement correctly, if you want to get your mana back.

As for me it works 90% of the time, its all about timing, go on and try it

Either you haven't spoken to him, or you are too arrogant to admit you were wrong.
    http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Executus&n=Pzyclopz

Because it's fair to compare warriors RAGE regeneration to paladins MANA...

Quote Originally Posted by Soowoo
    Imo, switch to the rogue and burn on him. If the rmp is leaving you there, allowing you to cleanse/heal, and not cc you, go destroy the rogue in your roflstomp macro, and take the match to a 2v2? That sounds better then cleansing and loosing
    This, with some quick swaps. Rogue pops evasion? Swap targets. Evasion is over? Swap targets. etc.
    Should work for every ret team out there. Rmp isnt that hard when you use your brain instead of tunnelvision.

you know what ticks other classes off in arenas when they play againt a paladin????

THIS TICKS NON PALAS OFF:

i play a paladin my self and i just couldn't resist to show this image ;D

That picture seriously cracked me up.