Page 49 of 80 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Goblins and Worgens are the new races of the Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaru
    Goblins: Kezan

Worgen: Gilneas

Eh? Eh?

Plus those masks have pretty detailed textures, nothing like the current Goblins and Worgen. If you look at the Dwarf mask for example, it looks just like an ingame Dwarf, nothing more detailed. And have you ever seen a female Worgen before?

I didn't read any of the current posts so if this has already been said, my apologies.
    I wonder then though - these worgens will probably not be the original Worgens from the other world, but instead infected-Worgens by Arugals plague. If so, the leader will probably be the infected-King Greymane and the race would be another off-spring of the original Worgens as these would be former-humans.

I guess the Lore on this then would be that the former-Arrogant King Greymane would seek the Alliances' Aid as his kingdom of Gilneas was inflicted with the Worgen Curse, and he now seek to join though his earlier protestations of the Alliance.
    now that his own people are in their hour of need, and they cant stand against the forsaken who seek to destroy the Worgen.
    He hence re-open the gates of the Greymane Wall...

Would make some minor sense

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan
    About the China/Pandaren thing

Like somebody else said a few posts up, the problem with Pandaren was NOT the Pandaren themselves being in the game, it was that their dress style was Japanese while the Panda is a national icon of China.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Snake
    another thing that came to my mind concerning death knights would be that after WotLK when Arthas is finished "The Knights of the Ebon Blade" could train DKs... that would explain why you can have Worgen and Goblin DKs...
    OR they could go the easy way: Worgen DKs stem from the Grizzly Hills, where the Scourge experimented with undead Worgen, and the Goblins had always been fighting alongside the Horde and thus been slain on the battlefield, you just didn't notice them for the same reasons no city is larger than a RL village, and the whole world can be traversed in two hours.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sirsimeon

He hence re-open the gates of the Greymane Wall...
    I dont know if it would be a good idea to open Greymane Wall, Alliance (Or Horde likewise) would have really easy access to other major cities, aka. Alliance fly to Gilneas to launch an attack on Undercity, Undercity can just run/fly to Gilneas

Quote Originally Posted by Nulgar
    OR they could go the easy way: Worgen DKs stem from the Grizzly Hills, where the Scourge experimented with undead Worgen, and the Goblins had always been fighting alongside the Horde and thus been slain on the battlefield, you just didn't notice them for the same reasons no city is larger than a RL village, and the whole world can be traversed in two hours.
    some goblins are wearing the warsong offensive tabard

honestly imo the worgen capital will be gilneas and they will be playable by both races and it might be a class much like the dk it will be playable by both alliance and horde but thats just my guess its probably all lies in an attempt to make us all crazy :P

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tang
    Well, first of all, there's likely to be several zones between where the wall is and where the city is.

Also, so what?

A more useful question to answer would be: Where is the goblin home?
    Gilneas doesnt look big enough, looks to house about 2 - 3 zones (including the main city) its just the closeness of the two major cities. Undermine would be the Goblin home, chances are another Zepplin, or some other Goblin vehicle would take you there (my bet is on a third Zepplin tower!)

goblin home is kezan an island in the south sea where the live

Quote Originally Posted by AssasinxXx
    I dont know if it would be a good idea to open Greymane Wall, Alliance (Or Horde likewise) would have really easy access to other major cities, aka. Alliance fly to Gilneas to launch an attack on Undercity, Undercity can just run/fly to Gilneas
    Aye, I just based all that on the quoted posters thoughts of Gilneas being the main-city
    Mine was just about finding an explaination to it

Whilst encountering them in Grizzly Hills and Shadowfang keep you'd recognize Warrior and Warlock as two of their classes,
    seeing as they very often have the ability to cast shadowbolt.
    In Northrend they seem to wear those metal claws, a sort of knuckle (not sure what this weapon cathegory is called lol)
    which is typical rogue if anything, so I'd say Rogue may also be one of their classes.
    Priest wouldn't be too surprising either. I would suggest druid, but an already beastial class shapeshifting into beast seems a bit awkward.
    Tauren aren't a beast race that shapeshifts into beasts? Anyway, new races for druids will never happen because they are a special class with specific lore in WC. They had to fight an epic battle at BlizzHQ just to get Metzen to write taurens into druids.

Quote Originally Posted by Tang
    Well, first of all, there's likely to be several zones between where the wall is and where the city is.

Also, so what?

A more useful question to answer would be: Where is the goblin home?
    that has already been confirmed(and pointed out in posts on this page) It's on the isles south of the Maelstrom; Kezan. Under kezan lies the Goblin City of Undermine,
    the home of the Goblins.

About Worgen drood, that fully possible because Worgen was sumon by a gift of Elune, they are linked to the moon, and "maybe" they came from the Emerald dream (remind you the modification of this zone)...

And for the morf, why not just rename cat form Wolf form for this race ?
    Like the spécial seal for Be Paladin or Heroism/BL ?

The same thing but with différent name, a Werewolf morf in wolf ...

The only thing against is the faction class balance, but beside it's very possible to make Worgen Drood.

If Worgen ARE the new race and their starting zone IS Gilneas, I don't see why Kul'Tiras wouldn't be a good 10-20 zone. That way you could keep ye olde Graymane Walle shut.

Both Gilneas and Kul'Tiras:
    - are human territories
    - were former members of what is now the Alliance
    - are reclusive and haven't been heard from since pre-WoW
    - have strong ties to the sea
    - could easily have made an alliance of necessity which led to them both becoming Worganized

Simple, put a boat from Southshore to Kul'Tiras, and make Kul'Tiras the Alliance gateway to the Great Sea, but the Horde has no easy access.

I really don't understand why everybody is insisting the Graymane Wall suddenly has to open. If Gilneas becomes official Alliance territory, why would they at the same time suddenly decide to open that big wall that's keeping the Horde, now officially their enemies, out?

the wall was shut because greymane wanted to be no more part of the alliance it wasnt because the horde were invading he just wanted to be isolated from everyones problems

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-Nicø
    About Worgen drood, that fully possible because Worgen was sumon by a gift of Elune, they are linked to the moon, and "maybe" they came from the Emerald dream (remind you the modification of this zone)...

And for the morf, why not just rename cat form Wolf form for this race ?
    Like the spécial seal for Be Paladin or Heroism/BL ?

The same thing but with différent name, a Werewolf morf in wolf ...

The only thing against is the faction class balance, but beside it's very possible to make Worgen Drood.
    Worgens will not be druids. BLIZZARD ARE VERY strict on keeping it to just those two classes.
    That is the unique part, it would spoil the whole class to let more races have it.
    And they do not origin from Emerald Dream - it is said that She who summoned them saw them battling the Burning Legion at their home world, and I doubt the burning legion ever came to the Emerald dream

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan
    If Worgen ARE the new race and their starting zone IS Gilneas, I don't see why Kul'Tiras wouldn't be a good 10-20 zone. That way you could keep ye olde Graymane Walle shut.

Both Gilneas and Kul'Tiras:
    - are human territories
    - were former members of what is now the Alliance
    - are reclusive and haven't been heard from since pre-WoW
    - have strong ties to the sea
    - could easily have made an alliance of necessity which led to them both becoming Worganized

Simple, put a boat from Southshore to Kul'Tiras, and make Kul'Tiras the Alliance gateway to the Great Sea, but the Horde has no easy access.

I really don't understand why everybody is insisting the Graymane Wall suddenly has to open. If Gilneas becomes official Alliance territory, why would they at the same time suddenly decide to open that big wall that's keeping the Horde, now officially their enemies, out?
    youre right that would be a pretty good idea and would work out well i guess

I am kind of disappointed. I bet you that next expansion these guys are going to have there own quest line (like dk's) and at the end players well be able to chose between horde or alliance. So you well see both Goblins and Worgens on both alliance and horde (probably to make it balanced?). They are probably going to get a head start like DK's so I look forward to being in Azeroth all alone when leveling. They really need to do something to promote lower levels instead of pushing players to end game content faster. I am really disappointed. I remember the first time I leveled, I met so many cool people and anywhere you went there would be someone there with you. It was really fun.. But now it's empty, and blizzard doesn't care..

Back BC in the expansion they added Blood Elfs (which started at level 1-) so it really populated the lower level content. But, with Wrath they just made DK's.. Most people that rolled a new class that just hit 80 chose a DK for the head start so you really are not seeing anyone in the lower levels.. :/

Just my thoughts on what is going down.

Quote Originally Posted by Torag
    the wall was shut because greymane wanted to be no more part of the alliance it wasnt because the horde were invading he just wanted to be isolated from everyones problems
    But things change, so I'm talking hypothetically if Gilneas DID rejoin the Alliance, not about why it was sealed off to begin with.

So if they did, then the Horde would be their enemies, and they have an effective barrier against them already, regardless of why the barrier was put there to begin with. Why suddenly take it down?

Deleted

and I doubt the burning legion ever came to the Emerald dream
    no one said they were definitely the burning legion... it is said that they are of the "Emerald Flame" which COULD be the legion but the merald flame could just as well be the emerald dream I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Snake
    no one said they were definitely the burning legion... it is said that they are of the "Emerald Flame" which COULD be the legion but the merald flame could just as well be the emerald dream I guess
    During Velinde Starsong's vision, she saw the Worgen battling the Burning Legion on the wolfmen's home planet, and when Velinde summoned them using the Scythe of Elune, they agreed to assist her in battling their common foe in Felwood. This not only suggests moral values, but also creates a night elf connection.

WoWiki.com.