Page 50 of 80 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted

Re: Goblins and Worgens are the new races of the Expansion

if it would be possible to choose a faction at some point... why bring 2 new races?
    it would be totally sufficient to bring one new race

just the fact that its two races,just like the last time, is an indicator imo that its one race for each side... I mean otherwise you could have both Worgen AND Goblin as a chara on the faction you play... doesnt sound right

but still no one can tell for sure

@ sirsimeon
    allright my bad ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan
    But things change, so I'm talking hypothetically if Gilneas DID rejoin the Alliance, not about why it was sealed off to begin with.

So if they did, then the Horde would be their enemies, and they have an effective barrier against them already, regardless of why the barrier was put there to begin with. Why suddenly take it down?
    true true i really hope they make worgens playable by both alliance and horde because they are pretty sick-looking!!

Quote Originally Posted by Baboonx
    I am kind of disappointed. I bet you that next expansion these guys are going to have there own quest line (like dk's) and at the end players well be able to chose between horde or alliance. So you well see both Goblins and Worgens on both alliance and horde (probably to make it balanced?). They are probably going to get a head start like DK's so I look forward to being in Azeroth all alone when leveling. They really need to do something to promote lower levels instead of pushing players to end game content faster. I am really disappointed. I remember the first time I leveled, I met so many cool people and anywhere you went there would be someone there with you. It was really fun.. But now it's empty, and blizzard doesn't care..

Back BC in the expansion they added Blood Elfs (which started at level 1-) so it really populated the lower level content. But, with Wrath they just made DK's.. Most people that rolled a new class that just hit 80 chose a DK for the head start so you really are not seeing anyone in the lower levels.. :/

Just my thoughts on what is going down.
    I agree, my first time leveling was the most fun I've ever had in WoW, reaching 40, the feeling of your first mount (back when it took ages to reach lvl 40, and now you can do it in like one day)
    That was really fun, I wish I could find someone to just level slowly with and have fun. But nope, now its Recruit-A-Friend and that stuff, first to 80 and get biggest epix... sad

I sincerely hope that these new races would start at level 1, and seeing them in starter gear is quite nice actually, since the tattered-cloth gear usually is what Worgens wear, and alot of goblins aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Baboonx
    I am kind of disappointed. I bet you that next expansion these guys are going to have there own quest line (like dk's) and at the end players well be able to chose between horde or alliance. So you well see both Goblins and Worgens on both alliance and horde (probably to make it balanced?). They are probably going to get a head start like DK's so I look forward to being in Azeroth all alone when leveling. They really need to do something to promote lower levels instead of pushing players to end game content faster. I am really disappointed. I remember the first time I leveled, I met so many cool people and anywhere you went there would be someone there with you. It was really fun.. But now it's empty, and blizzard doesn't care..

Back BC in the expansion they added Blood Elfs (which started at level 1-) so it really populated the lower level content. But, with Wrath they just made DK's.. Most people that rolled a new class that just hit 80 chose a DK for the head start so you really are not seeing anyone in the lower levels.. :/

Just my thoughts on what is going down.
    I agree. I have fond memories of leveling on a new server as well. I think it was back 3 years ago(wow..)when I was new to the game and everyone else I was playing with was as well. It was easy to find a group for w/e you wanted. Now if you reroll you basically have to solo it through the whole thing, because its neigh impossible to get a group for anything unless your in northrend.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh
    Just to add something.
    Those Blood Elf Vampire Princes(Their name escapes me) rezzed Arugal as a Shade.
    OUTSIDE OF SFK.

Now, with Arugal being ghostly and ethereal he could very well have infiltrated Gilneas and wreaked havoc there before heading to Northrend.

Just something I thought of.
    How did he get in? He's a warlock or something, not a mage. So I doubt he has a teleport ability,
    and the gates have been shut for many years, not letting anyone or anything through, no one has even SEEN
    a gilnean in years

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh
    Now, with Arugal being ghostly and ethereal
    ^This

Well, I saw a very interesting post on an earlier page, so based on it, I made this:
    Yo, Dawg!

Quote Originally Posted by Sirsimeon
    How did he get in? He's a warlock or something, not a mage. So I doubt he has a teleport ability,
    and the gates have been shut for many years, not letting anyone or anything through, no one has even SEEN
    a gilnean in years
    he is, in fact, a mage. read his page http://www.wowwiki.com/Archmage_Arugal
    he is Archmage Arugal

Quote Originally Posted by berberman
    he is, in fact, a mage. read his page http://www.wowwiki.com/Archmage_Arugal
    he is Archmage Arugal
    So's your face.
    Ha! ... Did not see that coming huh.

So's your face.
    Ha! ... Did not see that coming huh.
    lol

I agree, my first time leveling was the most fun I've ever had in WoW, reaching 40, the feeling of your first mount (back when it took ages to reach lvl 40, and now you can do it in like one day)
    That was really fun, I wish I could find someone to just level slowly with and have fun. But nope, now its Recruit-A-Friend and that stuff, first to 80 and get biggest epix... sad

I sincerely hope that these new races would start at level 1, and seeing them in starter gear is quite nice actually, since the tattered-cloth gear usually is what Worgens wear, and alot of goblins aswell.
    There's nothing stopping you from leveling slowly, except you yourself.

All memories like that are pipe dreams, retarded nostalgia from bads who wish everyone else was bad like they have been for the last 5 years.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

Quote Originally Posted by stupid11
    There's nothing stopping you from leveling slowly, except you yourself.

All memories like that are pipe dreams, retarded nostalgia from bads who wish everyone else was bad like they have been for the last 5 years.
    I'm not bad. But leveling is fun.
    I am raiding at the moment, but atm that's all blizzard offers. Used to be that leveling was half the fun, Raiding was the rest.
    Now its just boost up to 80 and start raiding...

Deleted

gotta agree with sirsimeon

the first time you level a chara is really something special
    right now I´m leveling really slowly, taking my time, reading quests, only doing quests I haven't done before even if there are some who give more XP because I'm really interested in things I haven't seen before in the game... doing raids and dungeons I haven't been in in a long time even though the northrend dungeons would be better to level the chara

To hell with "going to 80 as fast as possible"
    I even enjoy the little things in the game like doing a quest chain for a low level dungeon, doing class quests even though I dont really benefit anymore from the rewards

I even did the paladin and warlock quest for the epic mount even though you could buy it from the trainer back then when I did it
    I know I'm rare breed but I just like that world (of warcraft) ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Snake
    gotta agree with sirsimeon

the first time you level a chara is really something special
    right now I´m leveling really slowly, taking my time, reading quests, only doing quests I haven't done before even if there are some who give more XP because I'm really interested in things I haven't seen before in the game... doing raids and dungeons I haven't been in in a long time even though the northrend dungeons would be better to level the chara

To hell with "going to 80 as fast as possible"
    I even enjoy the little things in the game like doing a quest chain for a low level dungeon, doing class quests even though I dont really benefit anymore from the rewards

I even did the paladin and warlock quest for the epic mount even though you could buy it from the trainer back then when I did it
    I know I'm rare breed but I just like that world (of warcraft) ^^
    I feel the same. Hope Worgen start at level one so I can level 1-90 and really experiance the character, as a difference to DKs

Quote Originally Posted by Tang
    Well, first of all, there's likely to be several zones between where the wall is and where the city is.

Also, so what?

A more useful question to answer would be: Where is the goblin home?
    Kezan, city Undermine. This was going to be added way back in beta when they had Goblins instead of Undead, but they never got to it because Goblins got replaced.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm more than certain that blizzard isn't going to give the worgens and goblins the choice to choose factions, I believe in the Worgen Alli, and Goblin Horde deal.

And I'm more than certain that they will start at level 1, if they started at level 50 something it would give blizz some alot of work to do to fix the class choices for the races, and starting a new class at 50+ would be overwhelming (Like playing on a Private Server and getting all of your abilities at once, you are clueless.)

Chances are, Blizz is just going to do it the same way they did last time. Fling two starting areas: one in Kalimdor, one in Eastern Kingdoms, make 2 intro narratives for them, and throw 2 questing areas for each race to get from lvl 1 to 20 then the world is your oyster.

And to tell the truth... 2 new races doesn't hit the game nearly as hard as a new class does. Adding new races is the best way to add variety in the community.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius
    I'm more than certain that blizzard isn't going to give the worgens and goblins the choice to choose factions, I believe in the Worgen Alli, and Goblin Horde deal.

And I'm more than certain that they will start at level 1, if they started at level 50 something it would give blizz some alot of work to do to fix the class choices for the races, and starting a new class at 50+ would be overwhelming (Like playing on a Private Server and getting all of your abilities at once, you are clueless.)

Chances are, Blizz is just going to do it the same way they did last time. Fling two starting areas: one in Kalimdor, one in Eastern Kingdoms, make 2 intro narratives for them, and throw 2 questing areas for each race to get from lvl 1 to 20 then the world is your oyster.

And to tell the truth... 2 new races doesn't hit the game nearly as hard as a new class does. Adding new races is the best way to add variety in the community.
    Agree. Balancing a new class with the rest is alot of hard work, but making a new race doesn't change much in the game play except how you look

i can see how both quest lines for them would work, something along the DK one. they start neutral/evil then as they progress they find themselves in a war with the opposing factions foes (kul'tiras for goblins and forsaken for worgen) and somehow the horde and ally find out about their new supposed allies graet success in their starting zones and decide to take those factions into them making undermine the goblins capital and gilneas the purified worgen ones
    Gear = Skill, didn't you guys get the memo?

Wonder if someone at Blizz got fired for dropping these masks in the game files. It is obviously a big deal to give away this information early. I remember how long they dragged out revealing the new TBC races. Someone is probably standing in the unemployment line now.

In this case, likely one in Kezan and one in Eastern Kingdoms.

Wonder if someone at Blizz got fired for dropping these masks in the game files. It is obviously a big deal to give away this information early. I remember how long they dragged out revealing the new TBC races. Someone is probably standing in the unemployment line now.
    Quite a few people getting fired if that's the case. They've done something like this for every expansion now. Howling Fjord tree, Northrend shield and some other stuff in the PTR files a while back for example.