Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Recruiting a paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    I lol'd

You sir, win all the internets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleuh
    Since the invention of the internet, the Earth`s rotation has been solely propelled by english teachers turning in their graves.
    Quote Originally Posted by zuraghogar
    If only shamans had an interrupt on a short cooldown.

There are a ton of retarded prot paladins on my server :\
    Many are in high end guilds and have retarded specs and often don't even know what 6-9-6-9 is.

Not counting myself (seeing as I cannot really judge on my own performances, however I do feel like I do good) there are 4 in total who did it right, 3 of them rerolled/respecced

Quote Originally Posted by MestHoop
    and often don't even know what 6-9-6-9 is.
    i like 69...

Do I get props for being ret and progressing through BT/sunwell in BC?

:P

Ret was in a pretty good place after 2.3, the spell power removal from out tier gear, fanatacism change, etc helped tremendously. We still needed an enhancement shaman and the bug/error with Seal of command proc'ing Windfury to stand on our own two feet to dps worth a damn.

I can say with a straight face from the time I began playing this game back in 2.2 I had never spec'd holy or prot. I did prot my first time at level 80 when we needed an offtank for patchwerk.

I've since fallen in love with my class even more by playing both specs. Dual spec has given me a greater appreciation of what it means to be a Paladin.

Can't really comment on Holy and Prot. Have never been Prot and haven't been Holy full-time since Vanilla, but Ret I can say is quite easy. Have to disagree with the OP with the opinion that playing that particular spec is hard. FCFS = not hard

However, playing it well I would say takes a bit more skill. Art of War procced instant flash heals, Hand spells, sacred shield, and cleanse are spells that I notice most Rets on my server don't even bother to use. We as a spec are not the best dps, so wouldn't it be logical to use the other spells we have at our disposal? Hell, I can remember several times where lay on hands saved my raid's main tank whenever the healers got lazy.

Sadly, even though most rets on BB (except those in the high end guilds, which is still most of the time one Ret per guild) don't use the spells listed above, and just straight up dps, they are incredibly lackluster. If I can find another Ret in my weekly Vault pug that dpses well, its a damn miracle. So the OP got one thing right: trying to recruit a good pally (at least when it comes to Ret) is a difficult feat. lol

15+ Year Old Account

Do I get props for being ret and progressing through BT/sunwell in BC?

:P

Ret was in a pretty good place after 2.3, the spell power removal from out tier gear, fanatacism change, etc helped tremendously. We still needed an enhancement shaman and the bug/error with Seal of command proc'ing Windfury to stand on our own two feet to dps worth a damn.

I can say with a straight face from the time I began playing this game back in 2.2 I had never spec'd holy or prot. I did prot my first time at level 80 when we needed an offtank for patchwerk.

I've since fallen in love with my class even more by playing both specs. Dual spec has given me a greater appreciation of what it means to be a Paladin.
    Don't forget needing to do specific Out-of-the-box things like Downranking Consecration and using Blessing of Sacrifice on the MT to gain back mana via- SA. Good times though

"Standing in cleaves for mana since 2.2!"

"Standing in cleaves for mana since 2.2!"

or eating an explosion on the adds in alar's room in TK, (yeah we still ran it after we were in BT to get more people the neck piece, and well attuned until that was taken away.)

Do I get props for hitting FoL for 2 years? lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by RPZip
    Remember, young Warrior: You are a seal.

ArP ArP ArP!

Quote Originally Posted by darthceltic
    well, saying retatards are the new huntards would make a little more sense, but we knew that just before wow when EVERY holy pally and most prot on every server went ret. greens, mixed max junk, facerolling pvp and pve both. i remember just before wrath when i too was ret (but at the time had same lvl gear for ret and holy and was always switching) i got random tells every 10 mins asking if i was a healer because there were no holy pallies left, lol.

i think holy pallies started out good in wrath, but nax made them stupid. stack int. Holy light, don't worry about cleanse, ss, flash, shock, going oom, anything at all. macro HL to every key and watch tv while mashing any number on the keyboard. Holy pallies lost skill in healing, and now bliz is going to drop the bomb on them, and yes, horribad pallies will be made fun of again.

prot pallies, as long as i remember they have been easiest tank class because the ease of aoe aggro. Warriors have better single target, druids usually do more dps (used to anyways) and can take a bigger hit. but like holy pally, u can be a bad pally tank player, but as long as u understand how to build the toon, u can get buy.
    1. no matter how dumb a player is, its still ret pally, everyone who claims something different is just a plain RL retard hiding in a cavern without any balls in their pants.
    2. hate to admit it, but with the insane easy start in wotlk for ret pallys, it pulled all these little fellas out of their holes just to be a hardcore opponent once in a lifetime, and all the other guys who a crying now without any sense, or just calling a spec retarded, are in most cases classes who were also overpowered somewhere in the past.

Nevertheless, good ret pally will always stay a good ret pally, such as any spec will be, if u got the skills, no matter what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by darthceltic
    well, saying retatards are the new huntards would make a little more sense, but we knew that just before wow when EVERY holy pally and most prot on every server went ret. greens, mixed max junk, facerolling pvp and pve both. i remember just before wrath when i too was ret (but at the time had same lvl gear for ret and holy and was always switching) i got random tells every 10 mins asking if i was a healer because there were no holy pallies left, lol.

i think holy pallies started out good in wrath, but nax made them stupid. stack int. Holy light, don't worry about cleanse, ss, flash, shock, going oom, anything at all. macro HL to every key and watch tv while mashing any number on the keyboard. Holy pallies lost skill in healing, and now bliz is going to drop the bomb on them, and yes, horribad pallies will be made fun of again.

prot pallies, as long as i remember they have been easiest tank class because the ease of aoe aggro. Warriors have better single target, druids usually do more dps (used to anyways) and can take a bigger hit. but like holy pally, u can be a bad pally tank player, but as long as u understand how to build the toon, u can get buy.
    With the new changes, There will be good holy paladins and bad holy paladins. Problem is you won't be able to tell the difference.
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

web stats won't show a good or bad. Recount wont show a good or bad.

1 way to tell a good or bad healer. easiest for a pally as we have 1 target. Is the person u are assigned to heal alive at the end of the fight or no (minus 100k 1 shots that u can check on grim reap). that is the only way to tell. last night 1 pally had beacon on his tank start of p3 yogg -1 keeper, and his tank took 2 hits of 33k and 28k with only a 7k beacon heal and died. my tank stayed alive till he was last tank left and of course u can't heal 1 tank total in yogg p3. he got yelled at hardcore. sure, his web stats were higher, his recount effective heals were way higher. Always are. but his target died.

that is what it's all about. Not how u do it (hl, flash, ss, fl, loh, beacon). its about at the end of the fight did u down the boss and is your assignment alive. and in 3.2 this will not change. no matter what gear, glyph, chant, gem, spec u use. that is why u can't come here and say u can only heal one way and so and so must be better then so and so healing. healers can't stroke the EPEEN like dps can.