Deleted

So the Elemental Invasion...

Was there a reason given why its also going on in Outlands?

Thrall seems to have gone there to learn about what went on with the elements on Draenor when it cracked but unless i missed an episode i have not seen anything to expain why Deathwing going loopy and the Elemental Lords of Azeroth getting hyper would cuase the elements to attack another planet?

Clutching at straws the only reason i could come up with was that back when the Dark Portal was open Draenor and Azeroth were linked. Now Khadgar halted that corruption and severd the link when he destroyed the Portal so its pretty thin.

I guess it there may not even be a reason aside from letting people in the 58-68 lvl range get the daily?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd agree with your last statement. There isn't really a proper reason for it but they don't want to leave those in that level range out of participating in the build-up. I know they can still do the quests in SW/Orgrimmar but they wouldn't be able to do the daily quest and get some extra cash like everyone else.

You can read in the quests that they are coming from outland. Thats why Thrall is checking on them there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummbles View Post
    The reason there are so few tanks isn't because tanking is hard, it's because everyone else is a fucking idiot. True story.

Deleted
    If you read the quest you will see that there is a reason.
    You know how to read, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    The Elemental plane can open rifts anywhere I guess
    Have you hugged a Gnome today?

Deleted
    Your question was already answered in the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavan Grayfeather
    We're tryin' to find a solution to the growin' elemental disturbances in Azeroth. Here in Nagrand, we see the same rifts formin', but as a direct consequence of Draenor bein' torn to shreds. They're a sign of a weakened planet and of an elemental plane in upheavel.

Yet on Azeroth, there's no solid explanation for it.

If ya find any information about these rifts when adventurin' in Outland, please let us know. We'll continue to speak with the elements here and find a way to calm the elements in Azeroth...before it's too late.
    The elemental plane is in uproar because something big is happening there. Most of it is tied directly to Azeroth, so the main damage will occur there. But it's the elemental plane, you can see it as a universal thing, another dimension so to speak. Other places like Outlands, maybe millions of lightyears ayway, have a connection to it aswell. And because Outlands suffered such severe damage itself elementals appear there too.
    Last edited by mmoc7d0ef109c7; 2010-11-15 at 03:43 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyo View Post
    Your question was already answered in the quest.

The elemental plain is in uproar because something big is happening there. Most of it is tied directly to Azeroth, so the main damage will occur there. But it's the elemental plane, you can see it as a universal thing, another dimension so to speak. Other places like Outlands, maybe millions of lightyears ayway, have a connection to it aswell. And because Outlands suffered such severe damage itself elementals appear there too.
    Reading about The Elemental plane it just seems to be in/around Azeroth. Going by Wiki anyways.

'After Deathwing breaks through the ceiling of Deepholm, the entire elemental plane is brought up (or down, in the case of Skywall), and can be reached through various means by the mortal races of Azeroth. The Firelands and Skywall will both become raids, Abyssal Maw will become two dungeons, and Deepholm will become the central hub zone of the expansion and will also contain a dungeon'

Dunno i just found it odd. Reading the quest texts i did not see anything that explains it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Punky View Post
    You know how to read, right?
    No i am illiterate.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the book The Shattering : Prelude to Cataclysm, it explains that shamans on Azeroth are finding it harder and harder to talk to the elements, Thrall goes to the shamans in Nagrand (Original home of the Orcs) to find out how the shamans there dealt with the elements when Draenor was ripped apart.

Cuz everybody forgot about outlands

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moomurr View Post
    Reading the quest texts i did not see anything that explains it.
    Gavan has some important gossip text :
    We're trying to find a solution to the grown' elemental disturbances in Azeroth. Here in Nagrand, we see the same rifts formin', but as a direct result of Draenor being torn to shreds. They're a sign of a weakened planet and of an elemental plane in upheaval.
    Yet, on Azeroth, there's no solid explanation for it.
    If ya find any information about these rifts when adventurin' in the Outland, please let us know. We'll continue to speak with the elements here and find a way to calm the elements in Azeroth... before it's too late.
    Thrall has some important gossip text:
    The elements in Azeroth are becoming more disturbed each passing day. The key to this disturbance lies here, in Nagrand. When Draenor was torn apart, all of the elemental planes were thrown into great turmoil and have never recovered. The rifts here form naturally and are a sign of a severely damaged world.
    To see this same kind of disruption on Azeroth is not just unnerving, it could be a precursor to a type of destruction the world has never seen before.
    <Name>, bring me any information you may find when walking around Outland.
    I must spend time with the elements here, researching a way to calm the elements again in Azeroth...before it's too late.

Reading what NPC have to say when you hand in the quest is hard, amirite?
    Last edited by mmoc8d2dfa350a; 2010-11-15 at 01:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The planes don't just exist "beneath" Azeroth; they exist on their own space or area that crosses all worlds; thus elemental plane, follow?

An example of what I'm thinking of can be found if you Google string theory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moomurr
    'After Deathwing breaks through the ceiling of Deepholm, the entire elemental plane is brought up (or down, in the case of Skywall), and can be reached through various means by the mortal races of Azeroth. The Firelands and Skywall will both become raids, Abyssal Maw will become two dungeons, and Deepholm will become the central hub zone of the expansion and will also contain a dungeon'
    It just says that mortals on Azeroth now have, because of the happenings, a way to actually enter the planes, not that the planes are bound in any way to Azeroth.
    Last edited by mmoc7d0ef109c7; 2010-11-15 at 03:42 AM. Reason: stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Moomurr View Post
    Was there a reason given why its also going on in Outlands?

Thrall seems to have gone there to learn about what went on with the elements on Draenor when it cracked but unless i missed an episode i have not seen anything to expain why Deathwing going loopy and the Elemental Lords of Azeroth getting hyper would cuase the elements to attack another planet?

Clutching at straws the only reason i could come up with was that back when the Dark Portal was open Draenor and Azeroth were linked. Now Khadgar halted that corruption and severd the link when he destroyed the Portal so its pretty thin.

I guess it there may not even be a reason aside from letting people in the 58-68 lvl range get the daily?
    Your *really* need to read 'The Shattering'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of the flavor dialogue seems to indicate thrall is consulting with elementals since the source of the discord in azeroth is coming from the elemental plain. Draenor was also sundered and broken so there is also some reference to this. Thrall has always been drawn to nagrand (the horde quest that shows the redemption of the orcs) and is fitting with lore to return thrall to the greatmother for guidance. While outland is not part of the cataclysm, it fits as thrall finds his place with the world.