Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Hardmode Difficulty Level Question [10]

Those World of Logs started working again.
    We should easy be able to do it.

Just got Firefighter down last night, we only get one night per week to attempt 10m hardmodes but had a very successful run and tweaked our strat a bit. It seems to just be RNG/random if he casts shockblast and plasma blast at the same time, which can be problematic.

I apologize for Inc. wall of text.

For P1 if your healers pay close attention to the turrent ontop of the tank it will point at whomever is going to be targeted for the napalm shells & its essential to not chain the napalm to multiple people at once; a good CD rotation for the plasma blasts is essential as well (im sure these are less important if doing it with 3 healers). The first sets of fires spawned in P1 are largely pointless and we do not bother attempting to control their spawn points or kiting them as after the second plasma blast Flame Suppressant will clear the room of fires. As soon as this hits have your raid spread along the wall to attempt to get fires spawning away from the middle for p2. With good DPS its possible to kill him prior to a 3rd plasma blast but its still well within enrage to hit the 3rd; during the transition to p2 group your whole raid along a wall and wait for the next fire spawn (or two depending on your p1 time). For P2 just burn like hell & have people try to minimize the cone damage from the turret. If 2 healing I would reccomend using BL at the first "Spinning up" when raid damage starts to spike quite high, although after putting some work in learning this encounter I would reccomend using BL p3. During the transition to P3 we move into the direct center which should be clear from fire due to the mechanics of turrent supressing flames in melee range, and wait for a fire spawn, then decide clockwise or counter based on existing fires and move to the outer edge to begin the phase. We found using an elemental shaman to tank the head worked quite well as he can grounding totem some of the damage from plasma balls. We also used an arms war to eat bombs for this phase. Our best strategy for p3 seemed to be aquiring 2 cores, then pulling the head to clear area & chaining cores back to back (not at the same time for extra damage which didnt work as well for us) with a bloodlust to push him over in the 2 cores with ease. We were able to carry the BL over to clean up all the emergency bots as well as the assault bots. P4 was alot less RNG for us at least, staying close to him makes avoiding the spinning up alot easier & watching out for the frost bombs is ESSENTIAL, a few attempts we had them spawn pretty much inside him making them quite difficult for everyone to avoid.

Firefighter is without a doubt the hardest, followed by one light, freya and general.
    []http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/7800/forumsigsmall.jpg[/img]
    I totally stole this signature

The head in phase 3 takes 50% additional damage when it is down, which is why many strats focus on killing the assault bot first, and then have everyone dps the head once it's dropped

General is easiest by *far* though with an experienced group x3 is not too rough either, nothing like it is in 25, just takes practice and sharp communication. Vezax is the easiest hardmode in the place. Period. I was expecting it to be a lot more difficult on the healers but I was wrong, all the ranged have to do is be smart and thats the hardmode in a nutshell.

Firefighter is the hardest. I guess if your group excells at Mimiron in normal mode it will make it easier going, or if you had spent alot of time wiping on it pre-nerf I'm sure the nerfed mode was easymode. Yogg is close in difficulty, its a very sensitive fight compared to normal, meaning one small mistake=someone goes boom/splat which is what has been our trouble so far, but its our last one for the meta, and we are close.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt
    General is easiest by *far* though with an experienced group x3 is not too rough either, nothing like it is in 25, just takes practice and sharp communication. Vezax is the easiest hardmode in the place. Period. I was expecting it to be a lot more difficult on the healers but I was wrong, all the ranged have to do is be smart and thats the hardmode in a nutshell.

Firefighter is the hardest. I guess if your group excells at Mimiron in normal mode it will make it easier going, or if you had spent alot of time wiping on it pre-nerf I'm sure the nerfed mode was easymode. Yogg is close in difficulty, its a very sensitive fight compared to normal, meaning one small mistake=someone goes boom/splat which is what has been our trouble so far, but its our last one for the meta, and we are close.
    General will be among the easiest or hardest depending on your group comp and healing classes. My group did it with a disc priest and holy pally, so we had pretty much optimal healing makeup and it was just a matter of getting ranged to avoid damage and it was cake. If you bring more mana sensitive healers (like holy priests) it will be a lot tougher. Remember fel mana potions and dark runes :-)

For us, Yogg was much, much harder than Mimiron. We had both under easy farm before attempting their hard modes, but I felt Yogg was more difficult because of the RNG. Mimiron is just a matter of learning really just one major additional factor, the fire (and kiting), while yogg introduces 3 additional factors, foremost of which is the sanity which penalizes your errors in chaining malady, avoiding sanity loss in the brain room, and forcing higher dps to clear to P3 before sanity dips too far.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Easiest to hardest:

Yogg-Sarron+1 -> Freya+3 -> General -> Firefighter

Yogg-sarron is by far and without doubt the easiest, the hardest phase is phase 1 if you have stupid people hitting clouds, if not then it's an absolute joke. My 10man killed it in 3 pulls first time trying anything more difficult than easy mode (+4). Freya+3 can be healing intensive but with good healers it's not bad at all. We 2 healed it the first time we downed her with a paladin and a shaman. General can be easy or hard, heavily dependent on your group make up, it's just about getting him to 1% before saronite animus and then burning heroism+cooldowns to obliterate the animus without pulling threat off the tank. Firefighter is the biggest challenge but the most fun of any fight in the game.

Just to throw something else out there...

A group that is primarily in gear from 25-man ulduar gear will be able to zerg through some of the challenges more easily than a group wearing solely 10-man gear. There's really no pure answer to which encounter is most difficult, as the gear to which you've been able to gain access (regular / heroic) and group makeup can flip things around.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Did Vezax Hardmode tonight.

We were just clearing to Yogg and we got to like 15% on Vez and someone said:

"Has anyone killed any Vapours yet?"
    Sure enough the Animus spawned and our first attempt we got it...
    My mace dropped hooray.

Quote Originally Posted by Malpercio
    Firefighter > One Light in the Darkness > Knock, Knock, Knock on Wood > I Love the Smell of Saronite in the Morning

Hardest to easiest.
    This one is right.

From my guild progression they have been done like this in 10men, and also stating by GuildOx the 10 man progression has this path of HMs done.