Disc priest in 3.2

We all know that in 3.2, Blizz is nerfing penance. This is essentially a 1.6sec nerf in which we'll need add another spell in the "rotation." I would like to know what other disc priests are going to do in this window, and to know if anyone can get any info of what is the best possible use for this window. For the info, I'd like the info being from a tank healing point of view(HPS v Mana Cost).

Re: Disc priest in 3.2

GHeal is simply too much of a mana hog to use. We'll be stuck with our puny FHeal

15+ Year Old Account

It essentially comes down to the haste you're willing to stack over other item points. For MT healing on most current fights (still no clue the strats for the 3.2 fights) renew will be just as useless as is currently. You should be able to take in 2 Gheals and a Pom/flash in that time frame with mostly 226 loot. That being said it then comes down to your mana useage, so you need to take your tank into consideration aswell as the fight duration.

Theres no real answer to this, you'll have to find what works best for you :L

I would love to use more spells but as said before, GH is a mana hog

I've been messing around with different ideas on the ptr, trying to find a reasonable place where GH could be used. Right now I am thinking of using it after PW:S to see if the hastened GH useful for the mana cost.

If you're going to try to fit GHeal in after a PWS for the Borrowed time haste, go PWS -> Penance (Hasted from Borrowed time but doesn't consume it) -> GHeal imo

I don't really rotate through spells like I'm a DPS class when I'm healing so I'll probably just fit in more FHeals or PWS the raid more.
    Donolgann, the Astral Walker <WHATEVER WERE AWESOME>
    Magtheridon-US

Quote Originally Posted by Donolgann
    If you're going to try to fit GHeal in after a PWS for the Borrowed time haste, go PWS -> Penance (Hasted from Borrowed time but doesn't consume it) -> GHeal imo

I don't really rotate through spells like I'm a DPS class when I'm healing so I'll probably just fit in more FHeals or PWS the raid more.
    With the increased CD on Penance, I would save it for when FH HPS isn't keeping up with DTPS. FH is still better HPM than GH for Disco, and quicker to boot which = more frequent DA.

I haven't run the numbers for 3.2, but there is a haste "softcap" on FH for squeezing the maximum number comfortably within the Penance CD w/o gimping your crit if the fight demands maximum HPS (like for patchwerk/steelbreaker type fight).

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-
    ]
    With the increased CD on Penance, I would save it for when FH HPS isn't keeping up with DTPS. FH is still better HPM than GH for Disco, and quicker to boot which = more frequent DA.

I haven't run the numbers for 3.2, but there is a haste "softcap" on FH for squeezing the maximum number comfortably within the Penance CD w/o gimping your crit if the fight demands maximum HPS (like for patchwerk/steelbreaker type fight).
    So you're saying you aren't going to just spam Penance every time it's up? Save it for spikes?

Either way the change is lame from a PVE standpoint.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Quote Originally Posted by fabian
    We all know that in 3.2, Blizz is nerfing penance. This is essentially a 1.6sec nerf in which we'll need add another spell in the "rotation." I would like to know what other disc priests are going to do in this window, and to know if anyone can get any info of what is the best possible use for this window. For the info, I'd like the info being from a tank healing point of view(HPS v Mana Cost).
    What the priest above me said. Plus, ther's no rotation in ANY healing specs, there are only a variety of spells you can choose from, for different types of encounters.
    Penance should be aknowledged as *use for spikes only* in case of maintanking, and as primary spell if you're on "heal whatever you want" duty.