Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Seal of Veng or Command in 3.2 pvp

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    im missing the logic here i guess.

when you use SoV/C in arena, you have to pay more attention then using SoC, because of the dot.

SoV in arena prevents healers to drink. at least untill its worn off or dispelled. and its superior in dmg dealing.
    Lol it didnt even hit me untill now XD Typicall Disc priest fearing us then running like a pussy to drink, now with this dot he wont be able to Sweet.

Uhh, but I always knew that you can actually sit eating and drinking even with a DoT on you? but if that happens then it's really great then

Made by myself while I'm bored..

Quote Originally Posted by Bareno
    From messing with an ret pally premade in pvp, seems like SoC would be the seal to use when you look to instagib an cloth wearer, and SoV when you suspect the fight will last longer than ~6-7 seconds.
    im confused. im prettttttty sure this guy is correct. you should all stop being asshats and take a second to think about it.

yes you can sit and drink with a dot on you. i do believe the dot critting breaks it tho. which we dont have /shrug (until some set bonus, i believe)

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

I was messing around last night in arenas on ptr, both 2s and 3s and I personally found SOV to be better.
    Even though SOV took longer to stack, I found that I could stack it pretty easily on 2 targets through constant switching.

Currently, specced 0/19/52. I used repentance more as a interrupt/gap closer more than a real CC, although there were a few fights that my holy pally partner and I lined up a hammer > hammer > repent CC train to burst one of the other targets down.

Vengeance greatest strength i feel is that its a ticking dot, combined with ( i specced into righteous vengeance) RV, it leaves a bleed and further applies pressure to the other team, especially when both of these dots are ticking on 2 or possibly 3 targets.

Command, was insanely nice for when i just wanted to flat out burst someone down for a quick kill.

So, i think it will be a matter of choice atm of which seal is better.
    Do you prefer a burst build or a pressure build?

i havent been on PTR for a while now but if veng is still "magic" its just a matter of time before dispellers keep it from being on 5 stacks in pvp and they command would prolly be better so ill actualy say it depens on enermy can dispell or not.. but ifs its mainly for bgs i would stick with veng as ppl in bgs mostly dont know how to heal or dispell much anyway =P

hope this helps abit

Quote Originally Posted by Vorfie
    i havent been on PTR for a while now but if veng is still "magic" its just a matter of time before dispellers keep it from being on 5 stacks in pvp and they command would prolly be better so ill actualy say it depens on enermy can dispell or not.. but ifs its mainly for bgs i would stick with veng as ppl in bgs mostly dont know how to heal or dispell much anyway =P

hope this helps abit
    To some extent, if it's dispellable then it's kinda going to burn healer's mana due the simplicity of getting it applied and that burns their global cooldown if they spam dispell/cleanse.. and both ways you're doing damage while applying it.. It's not that bad..

Made by myself while I'm bored..

15+ Year Old Account

hope this helps abit
    no. no. no. do you really think healers will have the time to dispell a stack of 5? and they have 30% dispel resistance. if you do a CS/DS/aa twice/exorcism/judgement on 1 target, the last thing on his mind is dispelling the stacks.

forget about command as long as its not getting buffed.

no. no. no. do you really think healers will have the time to dispell a stack of 5? and they have 30% dispel resistance. if you do a CS/DS/aa twice/exorcism/judgement on 1 target, the last thing on his mind is dispelling the stacks.

ahh yea true.. forgot about the 30% dispel resistance tbh : and yea it prolly stack faster than thier global CD anyway ;D

15+ Year Old Account

ahh yea true.. forgot about the 30% dispel resistance tbh : and yea it prolly stack faster than thier global CD anyway ;D
    dont forget CS is on a 4 sec timer also. reapplying the stack will be pretty insane even when its being dispelled.

I think that healers, aka priest like to dispell a lot, and they don't need to remove all the 5 stacks, they just need to stop you from stacking 5, if you can't stack 5 you are not going to do enough damage.

Btw, last nite I was doing some test with JoC, I knew it procs a seal when you are at close distance but right now is givine 2 seal procs + seal, without crits thats 4k dmg and with all crits I got a 11k dmg.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Flux
    I think that healers, aka priest like to dispell a lot, and they don't need to remove all the 5 stacks, they just need to stop you from stacking 5, if you can't stack 5 you are not going to do enough damage.

Btw, last nite I was doing some test with JoC, I knew it procs a seal when you are at close distance but right now is givine 2 seal procs + seal, without crits thats 4k dmg and with all crits I got a 11k dmg.
    To clarify, is Judgement proccing 2 Seal procs and the judgement damage when used with Command?

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...&version=10128

think it would be worth running something like this for a dps + healer comp in 2s?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadow+Council&n=Divineknight
    http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/5593/divineknightsignature.jpg

Auto Attack
    08:22:10> [Crovax's] melee swing hits [Heroic Training Dummy] for 1321 Physical.
    08:22:10> [Crovax's] [Seal of Command] hits [Heroic Training Dummy] for 796 Holy.(88 Resisted)
    Judgement
    08:22:13> [Crovax's] [Seal of Command] hits [Heroic Training Dummy] for 847 Holy.
    08:22:13> [Crovax's] [Judgement of Command] hits [Heroic Training Dummy] for 2633 Holy.(Critical)
    08:22:13> [Crovax's] [Seal of Command] hits [Heroic Training Dummy] for 985 Holy
    So yes, when you Judge, you get 2 SoC Procs + Judgement damage.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Crovax
    So yes, when you Judge, you get 2 SoC Procs + Judgement damage.
    Must be a bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Must be a bug?
    Only happens when you're in melee range. I prepared some PTR footage from a WSG game. Uploading in a few.

Only happens when you're in melee range. I prepared some PTR footage from a WSG game. Uploading in a few.
    So, how does SoC compare to SoV when you take that into account?

As of now, I've pretty much changed my mind and I think that SoC will be better than SoV. Given that it remains like that. It doesn't make sense to have a double proc so it might be a bug though.

15+ Year Old Account

The Seal should proc when in melee range, but it shouldnt proc twice.

Even with 2 seal procs, Command is still inferior to Vengeance.

I will keep with SoV, if my target wanna keep dispeling the stacks, good, becose he will get mana drained FAST. And he still have to heal, dont forget that.

His mana bar will drop alot faster.

how will paladins suddenly last longer...?