Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Skada Vs REcount

This Thread is about Dps Meters.

Which are you use? which is best for you?

I really like Skada cause it's simple and really fast
    I also see Skada lowers Dps just a little,
    so what's best?

Re: Skada Vs REcount

You don't really like to use the word "is" and others like it, am I right?
    This thread IS about DPS Meters.
    My Brain IS corrupted by space.
    Which ONE DO you use?
    Which IS THE best for you?

Sorry but I just had to say that.
    And what the hell is Skada? never heard of it. Doesn't sound that good if it shows different/lower numbers then Recount.

Quote Originally Posted by Nighty
    Doesn't sound that good if it shows different/lower numbers then Recount.
    That really depends on how it defines the window of combat, and a damage meter isn't neccesarily better because it shows you with a higher number.

You don't really like to use the word "is", am I right?
    This thread IS about DPS Meters.
    My Brain IS corrupted by space.

Sorry but I just had to say that.
    different/lower numbers then Recount.
    Sorry, i just had to point that last bit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwolfie
    That really depends on how it defines the window of combat, and a damage meter isn't neccesarily better because it shows you with a higher number
    Well thats true, but i always found recount to be pretty exact. If you want it totally right you should use a combat log parser. But thats only usefull for raids, i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwolfie
    Sorry, i just had to point that last bit out.
    Well damn i never said my english was perfect. And this is one thing I always mess up. xD
    Don't take it the wrong way.

I know my English IS bad, so shut the Fuck Up)

Recount has always been a good damage meter, complete and with lost of informations about your dps.

anyway Skada can do the same things, without using so much memory as recount does and is has a MINIMAP BUTTON :P

imho, Skada > Recount.

not meaning recount is bad, just skada does the same thing in less space. (is accurate, tried to run both of them simultaneously and got the same results)
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil
    Recount has always been a good damage meter, complete and with lost of informations about your dps.

anyway Skada can do the same things, without using so much memory as recount does and is has a MINIMAP BUTTON :P

imho, Skada > Recount.

not meaning recount is bad, just skada does the same thing in less space. (is accurate, tried to run both of them simultaneously and got the same results)
    Why do peaople always mention the memory use of addons? I've yet to see a single addon that uses more then 10MB of memory.

Why do peaople always mention the memory use of addons? I've yet to see a single addon that uses more then 10MB of memory.
    questhelper, recount after a while without reseting

15+ Year Old Account

Omen right after they added in the aoe threat thinger.

Hyjal with it on....I'll never forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by spenzer
    questhelper, recount after a while without reseting
    So turn on your brain and turn off questhelper, problem solved.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Not so long time ago, Skada was just another Dps meter, but now it's one of the most perspective dps addons

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Texranes
    Not so long time ago, Skada was just another Dps meter, but now it's one of the most perspective dps addons
    According to who? The author, you and the 12 other people using it worldwide?

Check your recount after a night of raiding.

Ive used them both and ended up turning off recount just because I didnt like the UI vs recounts. The only thing I liked about skada is that you can look at the failbot counts for individual attempts.

trainwreck

The amount of memory an addon takes up doesn't mean shit. It's not gonna slow your PC or your game down. Unless you are running on some old piece of shit with just 512mb or 1gb of RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Somnio
    According to who? The author, you and the 12 other people using it worldwide?
    Ha. You're right, stay with your obsolete damage meter. Just remember this discussion in 3 months, when you'll hop the train and switch to Skada.

I remember seeing the same reactions when everyone was using DamageMeters and I told them I was using (unknown at this time) Recount.

DPS numbers are different, but Skada is closer to a combatlog parser (for instance Worldoflogs, which you probably don't know, as I guess you are still using the outdated wws) than Recount.

I'm not saying that Recount is a bad damage meter addon, just that Skada is more efficient, not only memory-wise.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbon
    I'm not saying that Recount is a bad damage meter addon, just that Skada is more efficient, not only memory-wise.
    And I am not saying Skada is bad, I just asked who said "it's one of the most perspective dps addons"

trainwreck

Quote Originally Posted by Somnio
    And I am not saying Skada is bad, I just asked who said "it's one of the most perspective dps addons"
    Maybe someone who used it?

Quote Originally Posted by faris1
    The only thing I liked about skada is that you can look at the failbot counts for individual attempts.
    there is a module to add failbot counts to recount...

Deleted

Recount does a lot more than showing dps, looking at DPS is the last thing i use recount for.

meters irritate me

1) might just be recount in particular, but it doesn't take into account damage NOT done to the raid thanks to discipline priests
    2) too many noobs (sorry i hate that word but this once it is applicable) have access to it. i was on my shaman alt in GNOMEREGAN and i kid you not, after every trash pull the hunter linked EVERYTHING, attacks done by who, to what, total damage, dps, who took damage etc after pretty much every pull, trash or 'boss' alike. obviously a kid so i didn't say anything but still, very very annoying
    3) i saw a guy in a heroic laying down 3k dps (another serial linker), the only problem was that 9 times out of 10 it was before the tank could swing his sword, so this guy was wearing mobs every pull and he started calling the tank a noob.

maybe they should implement a hardcoded feature that only activates the thing when you're attacking a target dummy or in a raid group, but definately make a setting where raid lead is the one and only person who can link in any channel other than /w
    somebody call for d doctor?