Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Skada Vs REcount

I've said that Skada is most perspective
    cause
    1) when 3.1 came to Live servers, skada authors not just updated the addon, they tottaly rebuild it with new features, design, and stability. And what's really important, they made it First.
    2) It's Light, simple, and reaaly fast when switching modes in combat.
    3) Effectively, minimalistic, and comfortable

Recount.
    Never heard of Skada, probably going to try it tho. ;a
    Hi

Thanks for the thread.

Never heard of Skada, but according to description on Curse it looks promising.
    Going to test it tonight.

I'm using Recount now and I'm happy with it, but one thing disturbs me a lot.
    You can't show 2 windows at the same time. I want to see Dispell and Deaths windows. As a healer it's important for me to see why/how people die so I can improve myself or give them hints (depends on situation).
    And Dispell is because these lazy mages rarely use their "Remove Curse" button and I have to poke them from time to time

If Skada can provide these 2 at the same time, without the need to press these little arrows - it wins

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by bobo333
    1) might just be recount in particular, but it doesn't take into account damage NOT done to the raid thanks to discipline priests
    Here's a module for recount that does.

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."

1.2-16:
    * Interrupts and Dispels modes now show the owner for pets.
    * Added a crowd control (CC) breaks mode, with optional announce.
    * Added a function for manually starting a new segment, saving the current one. Useful for multi-part boss fights.
    * Added key bindings for toggling windows, resetting data, and starting a new segment.

Quote Originally Posted by 0xdeadc0de
    Thanks for the thread.

You can't show 2 windows at the same time. I want to see Dispell and Deaths windows. As a healer it's important for me to see why/how people die so I can improve myself or give them hints (depends on situation).
    And Dispell is because these lazy mages rarely use their "Remove Curse" button and I have to poke them from time to time

If Skada can provide these 2 at the same time, without the need to press these little arrows - it wins
    Actually, I don't tried this, but according to new version notes you can set key bindings to switch that modes

Quote Originally Posted by Grindfreak
    thank you! )

/lick
    somebody call for d doctor?

recount.
    You can't use this while stunned.

The only downside I've seen with skada is the death reports they are just so messy and hard to get out the info u want from compared to recount.

imo the death reports in recount aren't so great either.

I'll give this meter a shot tonight. Looks pretty good so far.

Quote Originally Posted by 0xdeadc0de
    Thanks for the thread.

With Skada you can show as many windows as you have space for.

Have used both and my [current] preference is Skada, though that might be because it behaves like Assessment used to do
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

This post is brought to you by the letters U and F (though not necessarily in that order)

Quote Originally Posted by Somnio
    According to who? The author, you and the 12 other people using it worldwide?
    And me.....

Tbh i know the author and he would never say that about his own addon :P for many reasons, not least of which is that fact that the word i think should be Respected not perspective.

Check the curse comments ill think you will find that there are a few more than 12 other ppl using it.

Incedentaly as the author is highly active in his development if you have any coments or constructive critism i sugest you whack it up on curse im sure he will at least look at it even if it doesnt neccarily get you the changes you want..... im still waiting on my Threat per Rage module (apparently that pretty tricky to make:P)

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil
    imho, Skada > Recount.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Recount ofc .
    Nope.

I've listed the comments on curse about Skada, and you know, Tonight I'll give advice to my guild to switch to Skada, and test it

So I read that there is a threat meter in it.
    So I can replace Omen and Recount with this?? Or is that threatmeter not that good?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordybe
    So I can replace Omen and Recount with this?? Or is that threatmeter not that good?
    yes you can, they are both as good as each other seeing as blizzard made its own threat thing they will both gather data from that.

You can set the Automatic mode switching when entering combat for the Threat Module - after the fight it switches back to his last view ie. Damage Done for last fight.
    There is also an shake screen, flash and play sound option in the Threat Module.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordybe
    According to specifications of Skada, you can delete Recount and Omen, install Skada, create two windows, each for one function, or activate "Automatic mode switch" function

Quote Originally Posted by Texranes
    According to specifications of Skada, you can delete Recount and Omen, install Skada, create two windows, each for one function.
    Correct
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

This post is brought to you by the letters U and F (though not necessarily in that order)