Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Sam Raimi to direct WoW Movie, Warrior Q&A #2

Sam Raimi to direct the World of Warcraft Movie
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    -- Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and Legendary Pictures announced today that Sam Raimi has signed on to direct the eagerly-anticipated major motion picture based on Blizzard Entertainment®’s award-winning Warcraft® universe. Raimi has, in the course of his career, clearly demonstrated a genius for developing and adapting existing fictional universes for mainstream audiences while staying true to the spirit of the original content.

Raimi directed the Spider-Man trilogy, which has broken box-office records around the world and garnered five Academy Award® nominations. Known for his imaginative filmmaking style, richly drawn characters and offbeat humor, Raimi wrote and directed the cult classic, The Evil Dead and produced 30 Days Of Night. He most recently wrote and directed the supernatural thriller, Drag Me To Hell.

"At its core, Warcraft is a fantastic, action-packed story," said Raimi. "I am thrilled to work with such a dynamite production team to bring this project to the big screen."

Charles Roven’s producing talents were recently seen with last summer’s blockbuster The Dark Knight, which grossed in excess of $1 billion, was nominated for eight Academy Awards® and won two. His body of work also includes the widely acclaimed Batman Begins and the sci-fi classic 12 Monkeys. Roven, with Atlas producing partner Alex Gartner, will be producing with Legendary Pictures CEO Thomas Tull, Legendary’s Chief Creative Officer Jon Jashni, Raimi and Raimi’s producing partner Joshua Donen. Raimi’s partner, Robert Tapert, will be an Executive Producer and Blizzard Entertainment’s Senior Vice President of Creative Development, Chris Metzen, a Co-Producer.

"Partnering with Sam Raimi exemplifies Legendary's mandate of marrying the highest quality intellectual property to world-class filmmakers" said Legendary’s Tull. "Sam's passion for 'Warcraft' is undeniable and we know that he will create an incredible film worthy of Blizzard's phenomenal franchise. We look forward to collaborating with our partners at Warner Bros. and continuing our successful relationship with Chuck in bringing this rich new world to the screen."

"Blizzard Entertainment and Legendary Pictures have a shared vision for this film and we searched at length to find the very best director to bring that vision to life," said Paul Sams, chief operating officer of Blizzard Entertainment. "From our first conversation with Sam, we could tell he was the perfect choice. Sam knows how to simultaneously satisfy the enthusiasts and the mainstream audience that might be experiencing that content for the first time. We're looking forward to working with him to achieve that here."
    Class Q&A Series: Warrior (Part 2)
    Originally Posted by Crygil (Blue Tracker)
    Aside from some of the other questions that we have been able to answer throughout this thread, we have also gotten additional feedback on what we have observed as being very pressing issues to the Warrior community. Those questions and their answers can be found below.

Follow up Question:

Community Team: Some players feel that, while tanking, having to continually hit Heroic Strike to match your weapon’s swing can become somewhat tedious.

Q: Do we currently have any plans to change Heroic Strike to make it no longer necessary to hit that button on every weapon swing?

A: Yes, we really don’t like way Heroic Strike works. On-next-swing attacks just don’t feel right and for tanks especially you can convert every white attack into a Heroic Strike. Unfortunately, they do the job, which is why we haven’t changed it yet. It’s job is to let warriors bleed off excess rage by converting it to damage and / or threat. It’s possible to fix this in other ways, such as perhaps the hit consuming more rage the more you have Execute-style.

Community Team: It appears that many players who enjoy the Warrior class for its damage aspects continue to feel that, without best in-slot items, their class’s performance is very truncated.

Q: Is this an issue that we have seen in the Warrior class? If so, do we have any plans to accommodate those players who do not have best in-slot items, while still keeping those with the very best equipment from being too powerful?

A: This really just gets back to the way rage works, which is that damage leads to rage so you have to pick a point at which you balance warriors. High damage and high rage? Low damage and low rage? The way to fix it is to normalize rage even more so that you always get X rage per second regardless of gear. But once you always get X rage per second you essentially just have rogue energy. So, as with the previous question, we don’t like the way it is working and want to change it but we don’t have a perfect substitute in the can just yet.

Re: Sam Raimi to direct WoW Movie, Warrior Q&A #2

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    It’s possible to fix this in other ways, such as perhaps the hit consuming more rage the more you have Execute-style.
    Sounds good to me.

Nice director+producer though...as long as it's not michael bay, i'll be looking forward to it.

Even though i didn't like spiderman 1+2 (well, not as much as i'd wanted to like it), Sam Raimi is still a helluva director

15+ Year Old Account

Not a huge fan of Raimi, i hated what he did with SM3...But w/e, glad its a good director in general instead of a no name guy.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

They couldnt have picked a better director, this can get BIG!!

It's gonna be epic!
    There is this thing called being so open-minded your brains fall out.

-Richard Dawkins

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Ok I take that back, Guillermo del Toro would have been the perfect director for WoW, but Sam Raimi is an awesome choice!

If only it would be rated R I would have hoped for Quentin Tarantino, the massive gory fights would be amazing.

wow movie... by raimi... i do believe i just shat all over myself.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Alezana
    If only it would be rated R I would have hoped for Quentin Tarantino, the massive gory fights would be amazing.
    Quentin Taratino would be full of fails, seriously the most overrated director in HISTORY, my friends begged me to watch Pulp Fiction and half way through the movie I still didnt know what the fuck it was about.

But thats an opinion and we all have those

15+ Year Old Account

Honestly, there is no better combo to do this.

Legendary Studios is nothing short of amazing.

Sam Raimi is an accomplished, and extremely capable director.

This decision was long in the making, and well done.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by edgeofthecosmos
    Quentin Taratino would be full of fails, seriously the most overrated director in HISTORY, my friends begged me to watch Pulp Fiction and half way through the movie I still didnt know what the fuck it was about.

gotta agree with you on that.

I'll be waiting to see what the content of this movie will be.

There's a huge timeline out there, which will they choose?

As long as the main characters are people like Thrall/Jaina in the classic lore stories, and not "Serennia"s grinding their 50 arena games a week, it should be good.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

LOL Sam Raimi, got to see that movie!

Quote Originally Posted by edgeofthecosmos

Bite your tongue about Pulp Fiction...Just because you weren't smart enough to figure it out. That is my opinion on your opinion
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Is this going to be a CGI movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Alezana
    I can just imagine Samuel L. Jackson starring as Thrall:

"ORCISH, MOTHERFUCKA, DO YOU SPEAK IT?!"

Deleted

Not a fan of Spiderman at all, in fact I think the trilogy suck and are some of the most overrated films ever.

At least it's a big name though.. As someone said it's not Bay or Bolle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinj
    I can just imagine Samuel L. Jackson starring as Thrall:

"ORCISH, MOTHERFUCKA, DO YOU SPEAK IT?!"

And because suggestions like this the movie is gonna fail... That director shited on spiderman after he did the Third one compltely wtf and out of spiderman storyline. I hope its cgi if not its gonna fail, hollywood doesnt know how to pick ppl for comic or story rolls

And noone will ever go to the cinema to actually watch it, because its just too nerdy.