Page 1 of 3
LastLast

best horde race for warlock

i'm about to re-roll a horde lock and was wondering about the class. i wanted to make a female UD, but i know the racials aren't the best for the class. Should i roll an orc? Or will the dps difference not be significant?

Re: best horde race for warlock

be more spesific pls.Pve or pvp
    For pvp = belf or undead but undead is best imo
    For pve = Orc.
    To be a king, first one should be a man!

suwâyyah Eu Darksorrow

My 80 lock is a belf <3

10+ Year Old Account

PvE = Orc
    PvP = Undead

But lets ignore that, Orcs are just badass at anything they are.
    "I don't agree with you on that, I'm going to have to check Google." -Martin, Role Models.

Does Orc Stun reduce stack with other effects? would also be good choice, especially if you are looking for a mix of pvp and pve.
    Edit: Also Pet damage

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

15+ Year Old Account

The DPS difference is quite marginal.
    Orc gives you a little SP Trinket and the little Pet extra damage.
    UD has WotF which i personally like better. I like beeing able to cancel a fear without havin a Trinket for it. And i just love my UD casting-animations.

As someone said in some other post: Go UD if u plan on doing PVP. If you focus on PvE its just a question of personal taste.

Create both - see which one you feel more comfortable with.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Heltah
    The DPS difference is quite marginal.

Marginal? For PvE I strongly disagree. 5% pet dmg is rocksauce. And a free SP trinket every 2mins is better than a free removal trinket. But you know, each boat floats on the sea differantly.
    "I don't agree with you on that, I'm going to have to check Google." -Martin, Role Models.

Quote Originally Posted by wildrooster27
    PvE = Orc
    PvP = Undead

But lets ignore that, Orcs are just badass at anything they are.
    Hmmmz Orc warlocks really look sucky :-X Go for undead or female blood elf imo.

15+ Year Old Account

yea for PvE, go undead, I went female belf and its the 2nd best option.

orc warlocks simply look fucking retarded, i'll wanne puke after 2h playing one. Crappy animations etc.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

undead or female belf for sure
    undead male is more my taste they have imba cast

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    yea for PvE, go undead, I went female belf and its the 2nd best option.
    How the hell is Undead better at PvE (PvE only) than an orc warlock?

Marginal? For PvE I strongly disagree. 5% pet dmg is rocksauce. And a free SP trinket every 2mins is better than a free removal trinket. But you know, each boat floats on the sea differantly.
    It's an increase of about 35 dps.

How the hell is Undead better at PvE (PvE only) than an orc warlock?
    The only way they could be better is the ass-effect.Other than that,mechanic wise Orcs are the best pve race and Belfs come second (by far though).

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Vashta
    More DPS is still moar DPS ;-)

More dps = faster raid kills. Bottom line.

15+ Year Old Account

Orc castanimation = look like it's farting, god, only way to even play a orc warlock is to disable the Display Cloak in settings and even then it looks retarded :-*
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

If you plan on ONLY doing PvE Orc is the logical superior race.
    If you plan on doing PvP/PvE i suggest Undead (for Will of the Forsaken) OR Blood Elf (for Arcane Torrent -> Silence).

Tho, i would never ever roll an Orc because everything about them is boring and ugly.

I myself play a Blood Elf Female Paladin.

Good Luck!

10+ Year Old Account

Geez, everyone hates the orcs. I personally think they look sweet. Esp in the teir gear. Pre-teir gear yeah, it sucks. But you know.

I love the orcs. Is it just me???

15+ Year Old Account

Geez, everyone hates the orcs. I personally think they look sweet. Esp in the teir gear. Pre-teir gear yeah, it sucks. But you know.

I love the orcs. Is it just me???
    yes, the rest of us got a taste thats a tad more epic so that we dont wanne play a char looking like Cartman

Quote Originally Posted by Vashta
    If used on cooldown, sure. However, the value of it is considerably higher at other times. IE, an extra trinket for half of an XT heart? It's a significant boost. Also, the 5% bonus on the pet caps out at around 75 dps right now if you're demo. It's closer to 30 for affi/destro by my napkinmath.

Anyways, the true answer to "Which horde lock race is highest dps?" is Orc. It's not a dramatic difference, and outskilling someone even a tiny bit will compensate, but PvE is built on incremental gains.

As far as the look of orcs is concerned, aesthetic values vary dramatically between individuals. Personally really like both male and female orc 'style', and really dislike undead. BE is ok but bored with it, and hate that slight leftward lean on the female jumps

PvP-wise, all 3 have benefits. DPS can mean a lot, stun reduction is nice as well. An extra silence? Very powerful. Extra fear break? Also very powerful. Personally would suggest BE for pvp though.

i'm think the main focus will be pve, but i'm sure i'll dabble in pvp sometimes too.

i just really don't like orc's. and i wanted to see if it made that much of a difference. i'm a casual (not a baddie who thinks he's casual). So i still participate in all content or raiding, and even a few hard modes here and there. My main is a shadow priest, and he just isn't cutting it for me anymore. i know the play styles are similar, and i've been interested in locks for a while now.

so i guess the question is, will i be doing more dmg with an orc lock rather than UD, that i won't care that i'm not an UD?