/follow on Yogg's 1st phase

So i've been in a pug recently. There was a fully Ulduar25 geared priest.
    We get to Yogg and wipe several times, not even getting to the 2nd phase because of people touching clouds.
    After that, priest makes a confession he just /followed a mage through the clouds. He thought it was ok.
    So, a question to priests here - is it even possible to effectively heal through 1st phase as priest, /following some random guy? Maybe avoiding clouds, but always following.
    Thanks, i'd appreciate your answers.

upd
    Oh yeah, it was Ulduar 10, all keepers helping.
    Feral dps :3
    Bring back ArP rating!

Re: /follow on Yogg's 1st phase

Since the healing requirement in p1 is very low, one healer being semi-AFK and on follow can work, as long as neither the one he follows nor him wade through clouds.

Why do you care is it possible to /follow someone? Nobody should be doing that anyways

15+ Year Old Account

pugs get to yogg on your realm? on my realm all they can do is FL and XT if you are lucky

/transfers char
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    The most nerfed class in WoW is <my class>. <my class> seems to get nerfed every damn patch, unlike those <other class> that get buffed and still want more!

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerloin
    pugs get to yogg on your realm? on my realm all they can do is FL and XT if you are lucky

/transfers char
    you get Pugs for Ulduar /tansfer

Just a few things I would like to point out to you:

1. I'm pretty sure as soon as you cast a spell when following someone it will break the follow.
    2. There is a delay when you follow someone I think you have to be 5 yards apart before you even start to move.
    3. I cannot believe I actually repied to this post

I'm pretty sure as soon as you cast a spell when following someone it will break the follow.
    only if it have a casting time..not if is istant.

anyway only thing about following someone on P1 is that the ppl you are following could be a blind that touch cloud..ending with 2 ppl that touch cloud = wipe

BTW, during Yog P1 not all the raid move just few ppl that get the killing blow, a healer and the tank...the less ppl move, the less possible error on cloud.

Then again, Yog P1 ( if interrupt are decent ) is a joke to heal

15+ Year Old Account

Actually, no, I'm pretty sure you keep following and it interrupts the cast. I can't confirm that since I'm at work, but I'm fairly sure that's the case.

I use to help lowbies level up with my priest and I would just put them on /follow, throwing them renews whenever they needed it (staying out of their group so they got full exp).

And I can confirm that casts DO NOT break following, but if the person you are following moves, it will interupt your cast (as it requires you to move to follow them)

So all you could really do is cast instants.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerloin

/transfers char
    We pug hardmodes on 10man here

you can NOT just /follow someone on phase 1 .. 2 maby but 1 no hell no
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account

Sure, since the Mage will likely be standing still when healing is required.

If it was a Disc Priest, then the Shields will cover a lot of it with a Renew and PoM. If it's Holy, strong Renew, PoM and CoH (with an instant cast FH!) can cover P1 if you're feeling lazy.