Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Here is why warstomp fails.

Q: What is the reasoning behind allowing Warstomp to be useable in Tree of Life and Moonkin forms (assuming this is correct) but Bear and Cat forms have to shift out to use it?
    A: You need to be in a humanoid form to do abilities like Warstomp. Tree of Life and Moonkin (and also things like Shadowform) are considered humanoid. They are bipedal for instance. This is a data construct more than a strict balance reason.

First off, tree of life is a treant, which is considered elemental, it can't stomp as it barely has the ability to lift up it's roots in the first place. Obviously you have to change it to humanoid status so that it's not OP against crowd control like sap and whatnot. That does not make it NOT an elemental.

Secondly, the bi-pedal restraint does not stay consistent with other mobs in the game that use the same skill. An example of this would be the infected kodo in BT that do a warstomp before dashing off toward to the kodo farmer. They have 4 legs and non-hoofy-stub looking things - whatever.

In all honesty the night elves get significantly more useful racials in both PvP and PvE. The NE "equivilent" would be shadowmeld which has many more PvE uses then warstomp, I don't know if/what it does in arena's and whatnot. We both get 2% nature resist, but the 2% evasion is a much better benefit then 5% BASE health (370 with racial, total health, diff story).

For any tauren class other then druid, warstomp has some decent uses. For tauren druid specifically - there's not a whole lot of bonus benefit.

"If you want to b1tch so much just roll night elf" - If night elves were horde I'd do it in a heart beat, if they made ANY OTHER RACE for Horde that could be druid, again, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Re: Here is why warstomp fails.

I'm sure we'll both be flamed for this, but like you I think Warstop is useless. I'm not interested in raiding Alliance or I would have rolled an NE druid.

I agree on some levels here. It's really annoying to get caught in human form when warstomping. If you're resto with imp. barkskin then it's not "too" bad but as a feral, when I warstomp and then get caught in a stun or something, I usually die. I rarely use warstomp as a feral because of that. However, in tree form, I usually use warstomp to regrowth or to drop cheetah and gtfo. There's nothing better than escaping a melee train with my racial/rocketboots then jumping off a cliff and parachuting to safety.

I have a NE on another server and I really liked having shadowmeld but I wouldn't trade warstomp for any other racial. Just let us use it in all forms without popping into human form and all will be good.

Edit: For Pve it's basically useless regardless of spec. I'd gladly take shadowmeld for pve any day.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiJakkass86
    First off, tree of life is a treant, which is considered elemental, it can't stomp as it barely has the ability to lift up it's roots in the first place. Obviously you have to change it to humanoid status so that it's not OP against crowd control like sap and whatnot. That does not make it NOT an elemental.
    Tree of Life is elemental, which is why it can be banished by Warlocks.

Can they use warstomp then? (Idk I'm not tree). If they can, then gg blizz just beat blizz.

Warstomp is better for PvP
    Shadowmeld is better for PvE

Shadowmeld isn't useable in feral forms either.

Secondly, the bi-pedal restraint does not stay consistent with other mobs in the game that use the same skill....
    I totally agree with your statement but I don't think blizzard cares. I've always wonderd how come wild bears can parry my attacks but a shapeshifted druid can't figure out how to do it.

Edit: It's also silly that every other class has unrestricted use to their racials except druids.

2nd Edit: It appears Draenei Priest have a similar problem.

Regardless of whether or not shadowmeld/warstomp are better for pvp/pve, I can still think of situations in both pvp/pve where shadowmeld would be nice, not such for warstomp. Considering it has a .5 second cast, does it even merit any value as an interrupt, let alone the fact that the meager 2 second duration is reduced to under 1.4 seconds by any PvP oriented talent tree? Although shadowmeld isn't a cast cancel, it can stop a pet from attacking, and any direct damage spells will cancel as well.

Either way, us tauren droods are still lacking in effective racials.

Regardless of whether or not shadowmeld/warstomp are better for pvp/pve, I can still think of situations in both pvp/pve where shadowmeld would be nice, not such for warstomp. Considering it has a .5 second cast, does it even merit any value as an interrupt, let alone the fact that the meager 2 second duration is reduced to under 1.4 seconds by any PvP oriented talent tree? Although shadowmeld isn't a cast cancel, it can stop a pet from attacking, and any direct damage spells will cancel as well.

Either way, us tauren droods are still lacking in effective racials.
    I disagree.

I see Warstomp as a much better PvP ability than Shadowmeld - being able to do an effectively uninterruptable warstomp (0.5s is too fast for anyone to try and interrupt), followed by 10.5s of Cyclone is a very powerful chain CC in 2v2.

In PvE Warstomp is less powerful, however there are times when stunning a group of mobs for a couple of seconds is very useful.

I do agree however that druids should be able to use their racials in forms - no other class has such restrictions on using their racials.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

15+ Year Old Account

What's the reasoning behind the thing that you have to be a humanoid to use warstomp? I could see a Bear use Warstomp rather then a Tree, besides the Tree Form is indeed a Elemental and not Humanoid and therefore shouldn't be allowed to use Warstomp either in it's form.

Either allow it for both Cat/Bear(Ferals), Boomkins(Balance) and for Trees(Restos) or to none at all...

Both warstomp and shadowmeld should be better balanced around druids. I'm pretty sure we're the majority class for taurens or nightelfs so a little more attention would be nice.

I think Blizz doesn't really care about our racials because we don't choose our race based on racials, we chose it based on wanting to play a druid.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    Both warstomp and shadowmeld should be better balanced around druids. I'm pretty sure we're the majority class for taurens or nightelfs so a little more attention would be nice.
    Racials shouldn't be balanced by class....end of story

15+ Year Old Account

I find it amusing how you cry now about night elf racials. We (Nightelves) had crap racials for 3 years or even more. (Faster running while dead anyone?) All replies were like "its your fault for rolling class with such racials" Now we got something usefull and all you guys do is QQ about it.

Classes are different, racials are different, deal with it, live with it.

15+ Year Old Account

i have read the blue post however i have no idea what is warstomp ???
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r
    Racials shouldn't be balanced by class....end of story
    arcane torrent wat? I didn't so much mean balanced, as I meant that Warstomp and Shadowmeld should be reworked with Druids in mind as there's so many of us with those racials.

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    arcane torrent wat? I didn't so much mean balanced, as I meant that Warstomp and Shadowmeld should be reworked with Druids in mind as there's so many of us with those racials.
    Well, all of us have those racials

Someone had to be the pedant!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra
    i have read the blue post however i have no idea what is warstomp ???
    War stomp is the Tauren racial. Currently usable in caster, tree, and moonkin forms, but not in bear or cat.

15+ Year Old Account

ah thanks for info and tobad its not in bear would be nice tanking then ;D
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Trees stomp is more akin to a tree falling in the woods... It goes THUD and stuns those critters it falls on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    (Oh god I'm such a troll)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyeranth
    Trees stomp is more akin to a tree falling in the woods... It goes THUD and stuns those critters it falls on.
    Though it's debatable whether or not it makes a sound.

Warstomp really should be usable in all forms. This racial is at such a disadvantage with druids compared to any other class taurens can be. It's probably the only racial in game that can actually get you killed when used. The orc one used to have a negative side as well with the healing debuff, but that was removed. Other racials can also be used at any time, so why not this one? This is one of those things remaining that needs to be taken care of.