Question about Warlocks.....

Hey guys, question, how are warlocks in pvp? I have not played in awhile, But i just wanted to know how arena shapes up for warlocks....some skilled locks answer please I dont want QQ ing noobs

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Question about Warlocks.....

Skilled or not, it is near impossible for a lock to respond to this without QQ'ing so you probably won't get much response.

Warlocks and PvP are commonly talked about all over this forum. Do some searching and you'll find some answers. Unfortunately though, I don't think you will be happy with what you find out at the moment.

You don't stand a chance against any melee, except rogues (true story).

DK's got something like 6 CD's to prevent you from playing against them.

Unless you got 1k resilience you die during the stun of the paladin's.

Unless you got 1k++ resilience you die during the Lolstorm of the warriors.

This isn't QQ, its reality.

In battlegrounds we are fine! I enjoy those ALOT (destro pew pew)

But in arena (don't have alot of experience) we seem rather underpowered.

a warlock played at its highest lvl can be quite amazing, however, if your question is focused on 2v2, the teams to beat right now are not exactly warlock friendly. You need to be a good player and have a good partner as well, chances are you can't carry him or be carried by him to a high rating.

that being said, if the warlock can take full advantage of all his abilities properly, he can do quite well, any warlock who panics won't make it very far =/

They aren't the most common class in the high ratings but they are there, so it is possible.

15+ Year Old Account

Warlocks are extremely powerful in the hands of a good player.
    That said, you have to be good at a warlock and not just be good.

For example, a friend of mine was a Gladiator disc priest for most of Burning Crusade and WOTLK. He rolled a warlock and was quite good, but still couldn't quite break 1800.

It's a class with a high learning curve and is extremely unforgiving. Most classes do alright in PVE and alright or excellent in PVP. Right now, Warlocks do excellent in PVE and poorly in PVP.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius

Id have to agree warlocks have little survivability when it comes to melee.

But locks can usually beat any other caster.

I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

That sounds like a Shadowpriest, except you can kill rogues.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    That sounds like a Shadowpriest, except you can kill rogues.
    Well actualy that sounds like any spellcasters, but Frost mages.

as warlock with 650 semibad hatefull gear i can own almost anything 1v1 except some really really good deathknights (really rare) and rogues with awesome gear
    Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    Warlocks are extremely powerful in the hands of a good player.
    That said, you have to be good at a warlock and not just be good.

For example, a friend of mine was a Gladiator disc priest for most of Burning Crusade and WOTLK. He rolled a warlock and was quite good, but still couldn't quite break 1800.

It's a class with a high learning curve and is extremely unforgiving. Most classes do alright in PVE and alright or excellent in PVP. Right now, Warlocks do excellent in PVE and poorly in PVP.
    We could think that disc priest takes any skill at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Marithas
    as warlock with 650 semibad hatefull gear i can own almost anything 1v1 except some really really good deathknights (really rare) and rogues with awesome gear
    I have 700 resi in PvP gear + 2piece T8 and i can't survive the Anti-magic shell, lolgoule stun, Icebound fortitude+Lichborne, and finaly the 5 second silence combo.

And all of this under the effect of Icechains, so i can't even use my rocket boots.

Do tell me '' Port-away'' any non-retarded DK keep their lolgrip for that moment.

We are very bad in arena (exept 5vs5).
    People QQ when they get hitted for 10k chaos bolt -> 10k conflag and 8k incinerate. The crits are very fun as destro but your crit chance is like 10% agaist a pvp geared target.

Warlocks are one of the hardest classes to learn imo. We can't repair our mistakes with some nice cooldown like other classes (mage and iceblock pop up in my head).
    So you need to be close to perfect if you wanna play arena on high rating. (high rating for warlock = 1800+)

Warlocks are in a bad shape atm if you play arena but is very fun in battlegrounds.

I own most people in duels exept Rogues, Feral druids and death knights.
    And i talk about good geared people with +2k rating.

Affliction is pretty underpowered in battlegrounds. If you team up with a healer in 2v2 though, you can be pretty brutal.

Destruction is the choice spec for PVP right now. It's tons of fun in battlegrounds, and it's definitely possible to succeed in arena with a bit of skill and luck. Granted your lock does take more concentration to play against that DK you'll go up against, but if you stay on the ball, there's a chance you'll be able to actually fight it. (Most DKs don't utilize their class to its full extent, when they do it's terrifying lol.)

As for Demonology, I really can't say. I haven't given it a shot yet, nor do I know anyone who plays it.

I have 700 resi in PvP gear + 2piece T8 and i can't survive the Anti-magic shell, lolgoule stun, Icebound fortitude+Lichborne, and finaly the 5 second silence combo.

And all of this under the effect of Icechains, so i can't even use my rocket boots.

Do tell me '' Port-away'' any non-retarded DK keep their lolgrip for that moment.
    but i did said some good DK's can beat me, albeit those dk's rare
    Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

Before I left i had 919 res, i lol'ed @ We lose to all melee but rogues..my rating before i left with 3v3 was 2274 and i never tried 2v2 yet, Which are the hardest classes to beat(I played affliction before i left)

Quote Originally Posted by Rahul
    Before I left i had 919 res, i lol'ed @ We lose to all melee but rogues..my rating before i left with 3v3 was 2274 and i never tried 2v2 yet, Which are the hardest classes to beat(I played affliction before i left)
    I PvP in destruc since i hited lvl 70 1 year and a half ago. So i don't realy care about afflic, if you can rock melee as afflic (wich i doubt) good for you.

And nice rating, realy i care much about that !