Death Coil Not Healing?

Last 3 death coils i did in pvp have done 0 healing.
    Is anyone else having similar problems?

Re: Death Coil Not Healing?

Most probably absorbed/missed or you died before the heal bounced back.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

were you useing on an undead target like your ghoul or yourself with Lichborn active?

or are you a warlock?

yea i've had the problem in my world pvp

but it's cuz i died before the heal bounced back it sucks but thats how it is

10+ Year Old Account

no it works off of the dmg dealt... if you dont deal any dmg you wont get healed i believe. you are thinking of the DK version if it "heals only undead"...

from wowhead

Causes the enemy target to run in horror for 3 sec and causes 670 Shadow damage. The caster gains 300% of the damage caused in health.

dk version

Fire a blast of unholy energy, causing 443 Shadow damage to an enemy target or healing 664.5 damage from a friendly Undead target.

only thing i can think of, and i wont be able to confirm it until i get off work and try it on my lock.. is that your Deathcoil was hitting a absorb affect of some sort.. shield or something, or was possibly resisted... thereby doing 0 dmg, and healing 0.. wont know till i try it vs a priest with bubble. seeing as this was posted in the lock forums i'm going to assume you are a warlock, and this is the only solution i can come up with from work.

if you are a dk, i have no idea as i dont play one.

"Stop," said a loud booming voice. And Rhonin turned around to see it was Bolvar Fordragon, but he was all burned up and shit. He took the helm from Tirion. "I can take no comfort anymore, in the world of the living, for Arthas has burned my genitals off. I shall bear the burden. I shall be the jailer of the damned." - Legendary Knaak Thread

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

I know on my lock it's really annoying whenever I shoot a death coil and the target goes to low health when it hits so I get barely any healing if any other than that and bubble/sheilds/other absorb affects I havn't had any problems

Amazing how many question if he is a Warlock or a DK.

I really struggle to comprehend that some people would -

1) Not even know the answer to this question
    2) Actually spend time writing and still not know the answer to this question
    3) Actually ASK this question in the first place

No wonder there are so many fail PUG'S in the game.

15+ Year Old Account

Death Coil only heals if you deal damage. Power Word Shield really screws you up, as does Sacred Shield and anti magic shell.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by acidburn
    were you useing on an undead target like your ghoul or yourself with Lichborn active?

or are you a warlock?
    its a warlock since its been posted in warlock forum.. so next time READ WHERE YOU A!!! OR GTFO :P :P

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

As others have stated, Death Coil heals based on the damage it deals: if it missed, was resisted, the damage was mitigated, or the like... little to no heals for you. Watch for paladin bubbles, DK anti-magic shells/zones, priest shields, warlock shadow resistance, and the like.

Also, keep in mind that Mortal Strike type effects can reduce effective healing to you: losing 50% of a Death Coil heal can make it seem very, very small.

... and, of course, if you're taking damage (DoTs, someone sniping at you, someone beating on you, etc.), it might seem like there's no healing coming back, just because your life is bleeding out quickly.