Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Shadow Priests WTFPWNING Affliction Warlocks?

Every time i meet a shadow priest in PvP (equal or lower geared then me) i simply get annihilated without him ever missing more then 20% health.
    750 resil, 21k health Haunt Soullink warlock with felhunter getting owned by 19k shadowpriest...

I am having problems with DKs and good rogues, but against SPriest its just impossible. My health drops like a rock through water while he gets healed (from vampirism) like a madman.
    Am i missing something or are they just insanely strong against us?

Re: Shadow Priests WTFPWNING Affliction Warlocks?

I can think of a couple of suggestions for you.

1. Shadow Ward is your friend. Since that's the only type of damage you're going to be taking, I'd recommend putting that up when the fight starts.

2. Take Dispel Magic and Spell Lock off of autocast and make some macros so you can easily time when to do them. Dispel dots off of you as you can (be careful, as a shadow priest will most likely have Shadow Affinity which returns 15% of their base mana if Shadow Word: Pain or Vampiric Touch are dispelled) and time your Spell Lock so you catch him midcast. Unlike a warlock, a shadow priest is shut down in the most literal sense if you lock the shadow tree.

3. The only silence they have is on a pretty long cooldown and can be dispelled by your felhound.

Hope this helps.

15+ Year Old Account

Also, Power Word: Shield will eat your soul. So eat it too.

R.I.P. YARG

My friend, ive thrown my priest away to make a affli warlock instead, cuz i get WTFPWNING by them. If i dispell myself im dead, lock absorbs 5k of my dots, they get 5k heal from deathcoil, they have pet silence, they have pet dispell, they have 2 fears - only 1 with cd.

How on earth can you loose?

I use all those spells you have mentioned, so it is not of any help.
    By the time i have placed my 4 dots, SPriest has already killed my Shadow Ward and took out atleast 35% of my 21k health with a combo of dots+nuke+mindflay. My pets silence usually gets Resisted or Misses >.>

After doing another Mindblast+SW Death, he does Shadowfiend+Dispersion and lets his Dots/pet take my health down to under 50% while my dots/drain lifes do nothing to him.
    After dispersion he does Scream+MB/Death combo (i trinkted the fear ussualy) but then he does his "horror+disarm" spell, after which i get hit by silence.

By that time i am already dead or near death, and i have spammed the shit out of Devour Magic, Spell Lock, Health Stone and Shadow Ward WHILE the SPriest is comfortably sitting around 70%+ health.
    Even Fear/Howl is useless due to them having Trinket+Fear Ward (+WotF if undead).

Today i have fought at least 20 shadow priests 1vs1 (similar gear level) and i got pwned by each and every one of them. I even tried with VW shield but they would just dispel it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89
    I use all those spells you have mentioned, so it is not of any help.
    By the time i have placed my 4 dots, SPriest has already killed my Shadow Ward and took out atleast 35% of my 21k health with a combo of dots+nuke+mindflay. My pets silence usually gets Resisted or Misses >.>

After doing another Mindblast+SW Death, he does Shadowfiend+Dispersion and lets his Dots/pet take my health down to under 50% while my dots/drain lifes do nothing to him.
    After dispersion he does Scream+MB/Death combo (i trinkted the fear ussualy) but then he does his "horror+disarm" spell, after which i get hit by silence.

By that time i am already dead or near death, and i have spammed the shit out of Devour Magic, Spell Lock, Health Stone and Shadow Ward WHILE the SPriest is comfortably sitting around 70%+ health.
    Even Fear/Howl is useless due to them having Trinket+Fear Ward (+WotF if undead).

Today i have fought at least 20 shadow priests 1vs1 (similar gear level) and i got pwned by each and every one of them. I even tried with VW shield but they would just dispel it.
    Keep in mind, that Shadowpriest just used every single cooldown that they have in the game.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Then why dont Warlocks have such STRONG cooldown abilities?
    Heck i would gladly use ALL of my cooldowns if they would allow me to beat my opponent... they are definatly of no use to me when im dead...

Whether or not one can beat the other: Since when has anyone even pretended that WoW was balanced around 1v1? It's practically meaningless to discuss, isn't it?

:O

makin me want to play my spriest now
    No world! You put YOUR hands up!

My main is a priest and i do pvp disc, however i do still do 2's as shadow, but 1v1 a shadow priest can be very strong if played right, however once u get 2v2 or 3v3 and there are healers involved and u add melee with an ms the mighty shadow priest u speak of becomes a kitten and is useless =P, so if i were you i would maybe try to duel some spriests to get some practice, but yes spam fear and drain some life maybe to try to beat them 1v1.

bad lock is bad

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Keep in mind, that Shadowpriest just used every single cooldown that they have in the game.
    ^ this.
    Your tears fuel my dark energies shadow pvping thread poster. :P

Quote Originally Posted by atf
    bad lock is bad
    Bad posts are bad.
    Please stop post l2p in all warlock related topics please.

15+ Year Old Account

My questions are:

You let him cast Mind Blast?
    You didn't dispel the dots he has ticking on you? (Mana return be damned, he dies this day!)

You cast 4 dots, all of which are around 1.5s, for a total of 6s, but he has managed to cast his three dots, Mind Blast (we're at 6.5s), and started channelling Mind flay, and that took out your Shadow Ward and 7350 hp to boot?

EDIT: You had to have soul link up, so that 7350 is after soul link. 7350 * 1.2 = ~9k. Next question in bold for emphasis
    How undergeared are you?
    What did you do with the entire 3s it's taking him to channel Mind Flay?
    It's a shadow priest, why aren't you using elements to counter the spell resistances to ensure spell lock hits the target?
    How the hell can he Mind Blast - Mind Flay - Mind Blast with a 6s cooldown on Blast?
    Where was your death coil during all this?

Regardless of the above answers, you went into this wrong. You didn't fear him to force him to pop cooldowns early (remember, you win the CC contest with him). You spent your time trying to damage him when he has Dispel Magic, when you should have been making him your bitch (Fear, UA, Corruption, kite kite kite TELEPORT). With UA up he won't dispel you, but since you have Siphon Life / Fel Embrace, dispelling his VT doesn't hurt at all. You win the survival match with him, because you have superior healing, dps, and are on par with dispels, have a better interrupt, and spammable fear.

And can't you teleport out of Mind Flay? I've never tried, but it is a snare.

R.I.P. YARG

yay, locks suck vs spriest??? time to play mine!!!

just spam immolates and incinerates and conflags.

Spell lock them when they cast.

Use shadowward.

Peasy.

Quote Originally Posted by atf
    bad lock is bad
    actually badlock is rather good. he plays on my server and i know him.

but on topic. you must be hitting things at the wrong time or something because i have NEVER lost 1v1 against one even the best spriest on our server in full furius lost to my half ass pvp set.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputine
    Second, the Draenei used a dimensional ship powered by the holy snowflakes, which utilizes a plot-hole drive engine.

Quote Originally Posted by nobanme
    just spam immolates and incinerates and conflags.

Spell lock them when they cast.

Use shadowward.

Peasy.
    Wrong kind of warlock dude he said affliction warlock u described destro
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

Quote Originally Posted by Figoment
    Wrong kind of warlock dude he said affliction warlock u described destro
    mhm.

You do the same as affliction aswell

Why put up shadow dots on a priest with 80 sres that can dispell half of your dmg?
    Pew him with fire, no matter what spec you are.

And if he keeps dispelling immolate, just spam the bastard with searing pains and incinerates anyway.

Youll eat through him like hes paper

15+ Year Old Account

First cast:
    Silence, VT, Mind Blast, Mind flay

Second cast:
    Refresh VT, SW:P, Dispersion while spell is traveling

Third cast:
    Shield yourself, continue dpsing.

It's easy to kill a stupid warlock.

R.I.P. YARG