Need some ret advice

I've been going crazy the past few days trying to figure out what gear and gems to use. I'm currently hit and expertise capped thanks to gems(Armory link is outdated, I currently have 16 exp gems in the extra sockets in my bracers and gloves from BS). In my bank I have the Obsidian Greathelm, my t8.5 helm and I also have the axe off of Ignis, the Worldcarver. Just need some advice on the best gear and gem set up with my current gear.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ndris&n=Oberyn

I registered to the forums just for advice on this so some help would be appreciated.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Need some ret advice

try to get 4set bonus. its pretty decent. replace the helmet and legs are your best options.

if you would lose the expertise gems and switch those for pure strength, then you could switch to worldcarver. thought that it was somewhat better.

but the best thing is to play around with Rawr

I did play around with rawr, still confused lol, posting here was a last resort. Pants I'm using right now are BiS I thought.

Edit: And I considered switching back to the Worldcarver but I'm waiting for the Earthshaper to drop and once/if it does and I get it I'll be back at square one.

My only advice is to replace every gem with 16 str (or higher if you can find a 20 str gem for a fair price and place it in your best ilvl piece). To keep your hit cap, put two 8 hit/8 str in your chest. Place a Siren's Tear (+6 to stats) for the meta requirement in any piece you see fit, since both your boots and belt need a blue and give +6 str bonus, it would be your call. Use Worldcarver for a weapon, you'll be slightly over the exp cap, but meh. You'll lose crit but the dps you'll gain when raid buffed makes up for the small loss.

This is what I would do if I had your gear.

Edit: Just noticed you said you have your 8.5 helm. Use that. You'll gain more crit and str. and some haste which is always more beneficial then ArP for paladins.

Play as retribution is a delicate process with no room for mistake, alot of people mess up rotationwise (i dont blame it it can be hard)

Dont -> Faceroll 1 2 3 4 its actually a dps loss

Do -> Faceroll 4 3 2 1 proven to be much for effective
    Once upon a midnight dreary
    While i pron surfed, weak and weary
    Over many a site of ' hot xxx galore'.
    "'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"
    Quoth the server, 404.

killing a new raid boss is like having multiple orgasms only better.

Dont gem for expertise, most of your gear will come with it. Also try and replace that worldcarver with the XT 10 man hard mode sword, Worldcarver sucks execpt for the nice chunk of expertise you get from it. If your lacking expertise try and get the Uld 25 IC chest and t8.5 gloves and badge bracers. After that get the Runed orb belt and ring from trash and u shouold be set.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Oberyn420
    I did play around with rawr, still confused lol, posting here was a last resort. Pants I'm using right now are BiS I thought.

Edit: And I considered switching back to the Worldcarver but I'm waiting for the Earthshaper to drop and once/if it does and I get it I'll be back at square one.
    You have a ton of hit gear yet lack the expertise gear you could really use. Sif's Promise, Steelbreaker's Embrace, Godbane, Chestguard of the Recluse (great expertise item), Runed Ironhide Boots (no one ever seems to want but are pretty good for us when lacking expertise), etc etc. If you were to get Earthshaper, a lot of those items are going to become very key to a good setup.

I would say, do what you can to get at least 1, if not 2 of the above items, and that way, as soon as you are able to replace your weapon, you will have a ton of different options to reach both caps easily, while increasing dps a good bit.

As far as the pants go, stat for stat they are amazing, but with the right setup built around maintaining your 4 piece bonus, they are not included in any BiS setup as far as I can remember.

What weapon were you using previously? Your armory link shows Worldcarver although you said you might switch back to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose

What weapon were you using previously? Your armory link shows Worldcarver although you said you might switch back to it.
    Lotrafen, for now I decided to go with using the spear and the Obsidian Greathelm, this seems to provide the highest dps out of all the gear set ups I tried. Going to use Lotrafen until I can either get the sword from Decon 10 man hard mode(It's never dropped for my guild >.>) or the Earthshaper(Dropeed once like a month and a half ago and I passed because I couldn't afford to lose the expertise). The way the armory is as of this post is the way I'm keeping my gear and gems until I get some other gear, it seems to be the best set up for me at the moment.

I tried to use my t8.5 helm, the worldcarver and the strength of automation instead of sifs promise in 10 man uld today. Did about 3-400dps less than usual on freya and thorim hard modes.

Edit: I gather my information from a mix of elitistjerks, maxdps and rawr, along with forums. But I still find I get the best information from seeing it in practice, I must've spent about 2k gold on gems in the last week trying maxamize my dps and out of all the set ups I tried this is definately the best.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Oberyn420
    Edit: I gather my information from a mix of elitistjerks, maxdps and rawr, along with forums. But I still find I get the best information from seeing it in practice, I must've spent about 2k gold on gems in the last week trying maxamize my dps and out of all the set ups I tried this is definately the best.
    dont use that...