Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: World of Roguecraft

Quote Originally Posted by DKroguelol
    My mage had a trash clearing spec lol :P
    rofl

I have a mage main and a rogue alt for the same reasons hated getting fucked up by rogues in PVP and now they beast mage in even AOE DPS.

I enjoyed when they did the mage Q&A and whoever it was asked about the mana cost of casting blizzard for mages and the dev answered that the mana cost isn't bad for the damage blizzard does and that blizzard should always be one of the best AOE damage spells in the game. Then after the asian guild Stars killed yogg+0 in his interview the Stars guy said rogues are the AOE MVP's and i lol'd to myself cuz everyone but blizzard dev's seems to already know this.

Me and some guildies were bored one night and decided to 5 man 25 man sarth on our alts and i just spammed fan of knives for 10 minutes DPS'ing sarth and killing all the adds at the same time, i could have hit that button for 3 days without any trouble, wish my mage could AOE all day and no go OOM in 45 seconds.

Almost every class had a decent Aoe they could do but rogues. Blizz decided hey lets give em a halfway decent aoe. What they didn't realize is how much damage it would do once you got some of the better weapons the game has to offer.

A straight up fan of knives spam vs. other classes aoe is pretty fair if your both decent players. The thing is the only limit to fan of knives is the global cooldown itself, so if you pop adrenaline rush your doing about twice the amount of damage that any other aoe class can put out. Most classes have channeled aoe as far as i know. That's the main difference is fan of knives is spammable, and not only does your weapons do damage but your poisons are being applied as well.

If you want even more damage you pop blade flury and killing spree while your energy is low and come out of that spamming more fan of knives and you just doubled your aoe dps. So yea, with cooldowns rogue aoe is INSANE. I hit up to 30k dps on some of the trash packs in Naxx 25. Fan of knives WITHOUT cooldowns usually nets me about 10-12k dps (depending on the number of mobs) which is an amount that many other aoe classes can achieve.

On occasion I've been beat by shadow priests during aoe packs, but most of the time if blade flury or adrenaline rush is up there's no comparison. Combat rogue AOE is incredible.

But it all comes down to the fact that trash dps doesn't matter. Let rogues have some fun on trash. Back in vanilla and BC all we had was a lowzy blade flurry hitting two targets at once. When it comes to single target, I think feral druids and hunters are very close if not beating us right now.

Rogue's are just fine in PVE. The amount of aoe packs in raids will diminish as content gets more challenging. Most ulduar packs need to be cc'd and aoe will break cc.

Kitty trash dps with cooldowns (since rogues use them) is about double what a rogue could pull.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Did the buffs in the raid help him more? (feral, ret pally, warrior for him, boomkin, ele shaman for you)

FoK can crit between 2-3k, but depends on gear, and timing with trinket or weapon procs.

Lastly, Naxx 10 is a terrible way to gauge class balance.

Quote Originally Posted by stonedviper
    I enjoyed when they did the mage Q&A and whoever it was asked about the mana cost of casting blizzard for mages and the dev answered that the mana cost isn't bad for the damage blizzard does and that blizzard should always be one of the best AOE damage spells in the game. Then after the asian guild Stars killed yogg+0 in his interview the Stars guy said rogues are the AOE MVP's and i lol'd to myself cuz everyone but blizzard dev's seems to already know this.
    You are a complete idiot.
    Please, delete your rogue-you are an embarasment to the class if you can't figure out why Rogue AoE is MVP (if you even know what MVP stands for of course, which i doubt).

Quote Originally Posted by MestHoop
    No no,
    Locks are paper, together with hunters, mages, paladins, shamans, priest and druids

rogues are scissors and warriors are THE ROCK
    No, Warlocks are mushrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Rule #84 of WoW: Saying "Rotation" doesn't automatically make you a good player... or even a competent one.

Deleted

without trash you cant get bosses!

and some RL watch overall dmg when it comes to switching ppl in raid... "ohh this guy does X more dmg in overall then the other guy so a'la dont switch him" -.-

Kharay1977

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodelfer
    You can in 3.2 !...

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodelfer

and some RL watch overall dmg when it comes to switching ppl in raid... "ohh this guy does X more dmg in overall then the other guy so a'la dont switch him" -.-
    if a raid leader goes by overall damage done for switches then... .......sigh..

To the point, since when does anyone even care about trash dps anymore? most 3.1 trash can't be AoE'd anyway and if you're not doing ulduar by this point then chances are that 'class balance' (amusing as that phrase is speaking in AoE terms) has passed your tier of raiding anyway. Besides, back when I was doing naxx10/25 I would have gladly given my fantastic AoE capabilities away for some better single target dps given that gear level.

Oh and btw, to the guy that quoted the stars yogg+0 stuff, hey lets whine about warlock channeled "executes", hunters distracting shots and other gimmick abilities too!

Quote Originally Posted by Deralte
    I Lol'd.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Why would you worry about a class doing more than you in PvE? If you're performing, gearing, and playing correctly, your damage should be right up there, no reason to replace you etc. Any extra damage from X class makes your raid easier, yeah?