Vanilla guild on Kor'gall server [Horde]

Are you bored by the content of WotLK? Thinking Vanilla WoW was way better? Or perhaps you hate to hear your friends talk about how cool Molten Core was. Always wanted to raid with huge 40-man raids? Wanna beat Ragnaros without level 80's? Or maybe you think tier 1 and 2 looked way better? Hate what resilience did to PvP? If so, this is your chance!

Patch 3.2 will implement the function to stop gaining experience from every source in-game for a mere 10g. Originally invented to prevent twinks from leveling in bg's as they will give experience in 3.2, this nifty little tricks also allows you to stay at level 60 as long as you want! YOU CAN JOIN BEFORE HITTING 60 THOUGH.

With this in mind, <wotlk is too hard> is a newly formed guild, aimed at bringing the glorious content of vanilla raiding to your screen! 'WHAT DO I DO TO SIGN UP?', I can hear you think. Simple! You roll a new class, make sure it doesn't go over level 60, and give me a whisper! (Showbizz, Furyfire, Polyfemos Blackbetsy or Blackdiva).
    Then when 3.2 comes, you freeze your xp bar and prepare to explore the content of old!

This being a level 60 only guild, there are of course several rules in place.

*No Glyphs are allowed
    *Dual specs are not allowed in raids. If you sign up as a healer, you remain a healer unless you ask specific permission to change your raid role.
    *The 31-talent point tier skill is the maximum you are allowed to spend in any talent tree (for example: warriors can take mortal strike but not second wind). This only goes for raids of course.
    *No PvP gear in raids!
    *No Death Knights.
    *No Blood Elves (so also no paladins).
    *No enchants or items that wouldn't have been available in Vanilla. (for example 'of the Bandit'-greenies.)
    *No heirloom items.
    *Being boosted to 60 and farming instances outside raids with the help of 80's is allowed, thus swiftly preparing you for the real work. 80's won't be allowed to help out in raids of course.
    *Financial aid from your main (should you have one) is also allowed, as there is no economy for level 60 items/enchants.

Our current aim is three raid days a week, which are yet to be specified depending on the preferences of the members.

We will also try to setup premades against our Alliance counterparts. In these premades anything goes (<3 u allies).

We are looking for 7-10 of each class.

People who simply don't have the The Burning Crusade expansion pack can of course also join. PvPing with them will not be possible however, as Blizzard will be making seperate battlegrounds for people who choose to freeze their xp (undoubtedly having twinks vs. twinks in mind).

Should everything get rolling a website and ventrilo will be arranged.

If you have questions, or feel like i've forgotten to include something in my wall of text, feel free to post here or give any of my chars (Showbizz, Blackbetsy, Blackdiva) a call. I will do my best to answer your questions as fast and right as possible.

I thank you for taking the time to read this, hope to see you in Molten Core.

See you in Kor'gall server!

Re: Vanilla guild on Kor'gall server [Horde]

Sounds nice, to me having a authentic pre-bc raiding guild is cool but banning some stuff is not

Good Luck

15+ Year Old Account

You won't feel the same as you did back in vanilla. People will get bored... quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Brasko
    You won't feel the same as you did back in vanilla. People will get bored... quickly.

We have a vanilla guild here on Al'Akir, horde, (EU), however we allow glyphs and WoTLK enchants etc. We don't invite DK's and we aren't that fond of Belfs either.

If you feel like joining us you can contact anyone in the guild called "Eat Crit and Die". We usually bring along lvl 80s, but recently we did Z'G and Onyxia with 60's only. We still are too few to try BWL and MC 60's only though.

The majority of us are classic accounts and we like to PvP alot We are in the blackout battlegroup, where we at the moment are winning, 1,5 months ago we were the ones getting owned there though!

As you know when you lock xp in next patch you won't get to do bgs with those who doesn't lock... It's sad I know

I was contemplating it, 'cause hey, Pre-BC, I didn't get to see that!, but they I saw No Blood Elves, but more importantly, No Paladins, which is a problem, 'cause that's how I roll.
    Also, no Glyphs, No Dual Spec (Haven't even tried this yet on my main lol), and no BC/WotLK chants takes it too far, let ALONE no 51-pointers.
    If I could roll a BE Tankadin with points up to & including Hammer of the Righteous, let me glyph & chant myself accordingly, I'd probably roll over to Kor'Gall and try this, but as it is, I think I'll just freeze my DK on my main server at 60, and faceroll PvP & PvE with other people with the same ideas as me.
    Good luck though!

Quote Originally Posted by MrPistachio View Post
    Bornakk lifts the cup of coffee up to his mouth...
    ...when the Scythe of Elune comes crashing through it.
    ???: I can't you let you brew that, Starbucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Lobbas
    We have a vanilla guild here on Al'Akir, horde, (EU), however we allow glyphs and WoTLK enchants etc. We don't invite DK's and we aren't that fond of Belfs either.

If you feel like joining us you can contact anyone in the guild called "Eat Crit and Die". We usually bring along lvl 80s, but recently we did Z'G and Onyxia with 60's only. We still are too few to try BWL and MC 60's only though.

The majority of us are classic accounts and we like to PvP alot We are in the blackout battlegroup, where we at the moment are winning, 1,5 months ago we were the ones getting owned there though!

As you know when you lock xp in next patch you won't get to do bgs with those who doesn't lock... It's sad I know

I have seen u arownd guys...but what happend to " Simon says MACEstun" ?

Hey, I'm on Kor'gall too. Neat idea. Although even with all the restrictions the early parts of the talent trees are still a lot more streamlined than they were back in the day; "more bang for your buck" so to speak. But I guess it will be as 'authentic' as you can make it.

Good luck, boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Brasko

Quote Originally Posted by Daisuke
    i just lost the game )=
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

Sounds like it could be fun. You should try to keep us updated on your progress, toss out your website when you get it running.
    Blood
    Resto

sounds interesting, have fun and good luck

I was almost ready to start a new toon on a new server where I dont know anyone for this and then I read no paladins. That's where I stopped reading. Good luck to you guys!
    Alliance 85:Fire/Arcane
    Horde 85: Holy/Retribution Restoration/Elemental Survival/Marksman Restoration/Balance Assassination/Subtlety Shadow/Shadow Unholy/Frost Affliction/Demonology Protection/Arms

This user has been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermmes

I have seen u arownd guys...but what happend to " Simon says MACEstun" ?
    that guild is now "Eat Crit and Die"

my chars are still in "Simon says mACESTUN" if they didnt disband it :P
    need to pay for a month again but cba since im going to Ibiza in 2 days
    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherPaladin
    I remember I was a druid hunter,

It's a good thing you guys aren't allowing paladins, because Ret DPS would be absolutely terrible with only 31 point talents being available. No Crusader Strike and no Divine Storm would be really lame. I'm sure there are other DPS classes and even healers/tanks that would be equally hurt by being limited to 31 point talents.

Not allowing Glyphs is stupid, though you probably won't be able to tell if people are using glyphs or not. Not allowing the new enchants is stupid too. I realize that you're trying to recreate the Vanilla atmosphere, but that's impossible to do, and everyone will be tired of you're lvl 60 raids and all your regulations within a week or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    The fact remains that you FUCKING FAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by hiimjoe
    i just lost the game )=
    Grats!

15+ Year Old Account

Question, What do you do about prot warriors, who's 31 point talent is a wotlk ability o.O?