Re: Ashbringer

Title
    The Ashbringer, the Highlord
    Race Human (Undead)
    Level
    ?? (Boss)
    Character class Death Knight, formerly Paladin

Be bad A if The Ashbringer came with a title, well like this....

Æzar the Ashbringer

If Ashbringer and Frostmourne Clashed I would think Naruu shards would be there, take it to middle of Shatt and do some kind of a quest chain

if its implemented it will be troll only
    did i follow the trend?
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

:O but when used by a Troll the Graphic switches from Bad A looking to..a Gnome graphic, so it looks like you are killing people with a Gnome !

Quote Originally Posted by Duulis
    Title
    The Ashbringer, the Highlord
    Race Human (Undead)
    Level
    ?? (Boss)
    Character class Death Knight, formerly Paladin
    Accually if you read this http://www.wowwiki.com/Talk:Alexandros_Mograine it confirms there is no actual proof of him being a pala, one "Mograine never used any holy powers, it wasn't until after he recieved the Ashbringer that he annihlated his enemies into ash. A Warrior who believes heavily in the light but does not use Holy Powers that I can cite is Harod in Scarlet Monesary."
    Another clue, was when you go to Old Hillsbrad, and view when they cleanse whatever material Ashbringer was forged from, Mograine himself doesn't help cleanse it, he's the only one out of those surrounding him that doesn't put any of The Light into the weapon(He also doesn't have a mana bar =o). have found nothing in the Mograine's history that has led me to believe that he was a Paladin. Did he believe in the Light? Yes. Did he wield the Light, and become a Paladin of the alliance? No. He was a Warrior(Or in this case a Knight) who fought for what he believed in, with what I describe as an amazing weapon. As for the Silver hand- Warriors today didn't just start wearing Dreadnaught's Battlegear to honor Morgraine. The Knights and Warriors of Lordaeron in the past wore them immediately following his controversial death according to Korfax over at Light's Hope Chapel. People forget that the Silver Hand WASN'T just a group of Paladins, there were Knights involved in that order too.

Mograine is like in a class by him self hes that OP

Quote Originally Posted by Æzar
    Mograine is like in a class by him self hes that OP
    He's..a Hero

15+ Year Old Account

Hasn't Blizzard already settled this discussion?
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

They contradict them selves alot.

But it was stated in the past that after a caster weapon, (one form uldaur) a legendary, that Ashbringer will probably be released soon after... If i'm not mistaken, if I am please correct me

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Overweight
    "What very interesting suggestions.Unfortunately, we already have our own plans in motion, but thank you for your input."
    --Crygil, when asked about Ashbringer being obtainable. 7/24/09.

Sounds like it'll play a major role in Icecrown at least (but really, that's not surprising). Maybe in the final moments of the Arthas fight Ashbringer will get blown up and somehow purify Frostmourne so that players and wield it without going insane?

/conspiracy theories.

Either way, i would love to wield either of these weapons as a ret.
    I bet in the battle vs. Arthas, the Ashbringer will be an Encounter-Weapon like 25 man Kael'thas.

Humm, didn't think of that, O.O how many people can weild it at once ?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    Yeah, because ashbringer is TOTALLY a warrior weapon.
    Lol!

Warriors are never mentioned anywhere in lore, they just are the lame soldiers with no power dieing on the battlefield while paladin are talking about familie problems they have wielding awesome and shiny gear.

Just talking out of a point of view Blizz shows it to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    I bet in the battle vs. Arthas, the Ashbringer will be an Encounter-Weapon like 25 man Kael'thas.
    Hey nice idea, never thought off that!

Yeah, except Varian..or is he even considered a "warrior" ?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Æzar
    Humm, didn't think of that, O.O how many people can weild it at once ?
    There could be MANY things Blizzard could do- A random Melee DPS/Tank that can wield it for X amount of time, and while wielding it they are the focus of Artha's rage, but take X% less damage while dealing X% more.

They could make it similar to where you have to fight off "Sections" of Undead by going through a Portal or something, and during that time you wield a Vision of Ashbringer and do 300% more damage to UD, etc etc

There are so many ways Blizzard could make it work.

what about something along the lines of the chess event in Kara where you took control of a peace and deturmened the outcome of the match...lets say all the people that want Artha's head some want him dead others want to try and save him eh.. so if they got enough people from lore to attend the 25 man raid or main people for 10 man or even 5 mans then that could end up being an epic fight, being able to choose which past lore character you would want to MC.

Commander Eligor Dawnbringer says: Yet you think that recovering Ashbringer will somehow turn the tide of battle?
    Let me let you in on a little secret, Commander.
    I watched him burn legions of undead in righteous fire before he would even unsheathe the blade.
    Alas, your grasp on history is ...lacking.
    /thread

Numa Numa

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark

I agree with this, as much as I want this to not be true.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

hope we can loot ashbringer