Thread: DBW in Cata

DBW in Cata

While I realize it isn't an ideal trinket for pallies atm, where would DBW rate once Cata hits and the Arp is converted to Crit?

With the Crit+proc i would imagine this moves up significantly compared to say DV or WFS. Would Jar still be on top?

EDIT: Sorry, it actually does move the heroic version above Death's Choice and Whispering Fanged Skull (both normal) and the normal version to around the same level as Normal WFS.

And jar is still way, way on top.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2010-09-16 at 02:35 AM.

good to know, I have jar and wfs now, was debating if I should try for it now and park it for when cat hits for leveling. But if its on par with normal wfs, I prob won't bother with it.

thnx

even then Shard from RS will be better than DBW. I mean its better now so why would DBW suddenly become better when both have arp (Shard more).

Quote Originally Posted by Alenko View Post
    even then Shard from RS will be better than DBW. I mean its better now so why would DBW suddenly become better when both have arp (Shard more).
    Well chances are most people already have dbw and the shard is still relatively new so it would still go to the classes that still benefits from shard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinyknight View Post
    I'm not massively concerned with any DPS gain from it, its just a really cool trinket and I want one.

@Shadowdream - Is that modelling the new rotation or simply swapping the ArP for Crit and seeing where it ends up? I hear seal damage has been nerfed heavily and i'd have thought that would make TAiaJ a lot less potent.
    D'oh! Yeah, it was using our current rotation system. No idea exactly where it'll be placed now then.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post
    EDIT: Sorry, it actually does move the heroic version above Death's Choice and Whispering Fanged Skull (both normal) and the normal version to around the same level as Normal WFS.

And jar is still way, way on top.
    Not true at all, I quit using my TaJ very early in and it made very little difference. Get a DBW it lasts until blue 252 Str Trinkets. Find a lot of hit gear for plate you will need it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    Not true at all, I quit using my TaJ very early in and it made very little difference. Get a DBW it lasts until blue 252 Str Trinkets. Find a lot of hit gear for plate you will need it.
    Good thing that i`m sitting on 12-13% hit atm, when i ding 85 maybe i'm still at the hit cap

And no!! I didnt forced to get this useless hit ...

Delivering Justice Since 2008 - retired since April 2011

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwayne View Post
    Good thing that i`m sitting on 12-13% hit atm, when i ding 85 maybe i'm still at the hit cap

As well in current cata beta the TaJ quits getting motes @ 85. Could still be a bug I reported it already.

---------- Post added 2010-09-16 at 09:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alenko View Post
    I would say it is better based off the Haste/Crit/Str vs AP crit is super low @ 85 so it helps. Haste helps as well and ya so does the Str.
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by Qwayne View Post

Isn't it like 18X hit rating for 1% at 85? You have seen the amount of stats on new gear right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    Isn't it like 18X hit rating for 1% at 85? You have seen the amount of stats on new gear right?
    805 Hit rating is 8% in Cata @ 85 if I recall the correct numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    805 Hit rating is 8% in Cata @ 85 if I recall the correct numbers.
    So looking at the numbers of stats from some of the items we currently have information from, you'll need 4(?) items to get hitcapped? Sounds about right since that's what you need now..