Armor Pen in 3.2

Ok to start this is my firt post on here so please be gentle :P. Anywho... I do have my charecther copied over to the ptr but havent been this yet, but with judgements now being concidered physical attacks along with the Dot from Sov/Soc also being concidered physical, will these be affected by armor pen making it a more attractive stat for ret pallys?

Also with those attacke being physical damage are tanks seeing drop in threat? Does this make SoR a better seal for tanking?

Re: Armor Pen in 3.2

They are physical only in the sense that they use the %8 hit cap.

The damage is still holy and unmitigatable.

15+ Year Old Account

its all stated in the FAQ that's been made by Ronark. you might want to read it.

Judgements and Seals still are holy damage. Only about 40% of our damage, now a little more than that due to the more frequent CS's is affected by ArPen. Don't run away from gear with ArPen. If it's the best Strength item and has it, take it.

Armor pen will be worse or about the same as it is now.

Which leaves it on the bottom of our stat priority.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    Armor pen will be worse or about the same as it is now.

Which leaves it on the bottom of our stat priority.
    Prior to the "official" Seal of Suc-- I mean Vengeance change, Haste was below ArP, due to STR taking the lead and the higher spamming of CS.

Now though, I think ArP may fall as the lowest again : /

What about Haste Ronark? What with white attacks proccing the dot is haste jumping further up the pecking order?

Also, weapons, i'm guessing slower weapons (3.6 speed) are still optimal, or will going for slower weapons be more beneficial to stack that dot quicker.

Or shall we just wait and see?
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Arganaut
    What about Haste Ronark? What with white attacks proccing the dot is haste jumping further up the pecking order?

Also, weapons, i'm guessing slower weapons (3.6 speed) are still optimal, or will going for slower weapons be more beneficial to stack that dot quicker.

it still scales from weapon dmg. so slow hard hitting weapons are the best.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Arganaut

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    it still scales from weapon dmg. so slow hard hitting weapons are the best.
    Slower weapons are always optimal, as they typically have higher-end damage caps and our instants deal that damage, well, instantly.

cant wait for my piece of tier gear with armor pen!

Basically get hit cap, after that get highest str. if it has ArP then so be it. (i realize this isnt always the case. Thus why i said basically)
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

ArP is the worst stat as of live, its a tiny bit better with the faster Crusader I believe, but still worse than haste, especially due to the only white hits proccing vengeance stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillinz
    ArP is the worst stat as of live, its a tiny bit better with the faster Crusader I believe, but still worse than haste, especially due to the only white hits proccing vengeance stacks.
    Won't the Crusader Strike change make it even worse, as Crusader Strike falls in our priority list and seals dmg will hopefully slightly increase with the patch (else it would be a PVE nerf again) thus making holy dmg % higher than now.