Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: "BG's aren't REAL PVP!"?

Quote Originally Posted by Baygon
    if blizzard wanted to fix BG's they could easily bring back the old PvP Titles, just fewer of them, higher ur rank better access to gear u have.

/thread
    Contrary to popular belief, threads usually do not end when some random guy comes in and writes something more or less relevant that he himself considers the end-all of opinions or an idea he thinks is so great that others should pay him just for the privilege of reading it, then ends with a "/thread".

The major problem is that wow is & always has been a pve game with a few bits of pvp tacked on
    i guess now they are trying to balance it out so its say 50/50
    problem is in my view wow lost its way with bgs & pvp
    i always wanted to see horde & ally tearing each other apart
    like the first AVs yes they were epic & back then ppl didnt do avs for honor grind
    because you could do 30 wsgs before a AV did pop
    before x-realm server bgs. Ppl did it for the epic scraps & pure pvp
    wow really needs a big kick up the arse from a pvp point of view

Bg's aren't real pvp because everything aside from a premade is a useless zergfest

Quote Originally Posted by skyclops
    The major problem is that wow is & always has been a pve game with a few bits of pvp tacked on
    i guess now they are trying to balance it out so its say 50/50
    problem is in my view wow lost its way with bgs & pvp
    A bit offtopic, but I will agree that the primary underlying issue with WoW PVP is that it was an afterthought; PVE came first, and PVP balances followed. :\

In that vein, BGs were their first attempt at it (outside of world and duels, but you would only see duels on a PVE server), and arenas were a more refined attempt at it with stricter limitations to try and overcome their previous mistakes. That kind of makes WG the next step in PVP, I guess. Will we see gear-balancing in future BGs? Tenacity for the guys in greens to handle your full furious? >_<
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantitative
    Bg's aren't real pvp because everything aside from a premade is a useless zergfest
    That is not true 100% of the time. Merely a disconcertingly large percentage. The new change to award more honor for fighting near flags (and hopefully other objectives?) should help with the pointless fighting at mid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Separate
    Maybe I can see if Exodus or Paragon have a strat on how to make girls clothes just fall off, exploiting of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by wulfen13
    There are exploits for that, but you get a long time in prison for them...

BG's are'nt real pvp, until that rated bg system that blizz is working on come live

When I talk about belief, why do you always assume I'm talking about God ?

Arena sucks.

BG's are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Rule #84 of WoW: Saying "Rotation" doesn't automatically make you a good player... or even a competent one.

I'll admit I dont play arenas.

But I honestly think that BGs are better simply because this is World of WARcraft we're talking about, right?

BGs are more war-like. They're battles. Large(relatively) groups fighting over an area of land, for control and resources. The Arenas arent even close, the Arenas are well, pissing contests IMO. I loved AV in vanilla most of all, because it had so many NPCs in addition to the players, so it felt like a real battle, something big, something interesting.. but 3v3? 2v2? even 5v5? how does that fit into war?craft...

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...98003922&sid=1

With any luck, Blizzard will fix BGs like this. If so, BGs will be so fun, people will consider Arenas the place to grind gear for BGs, rather than the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Accuser.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...98003922&sid=1

With any luck, Blizzard will fix BGs like this. If so, BGs will be so fun, people will consider Arenas the place to grind gear for BGs, rather than the other way around.
    I was going to say that wasn't what I was looking for ... but it does address many of the problems with BGs, which are reasons people would want to play arenas instead. It would be very nice if they did implement it, so let's hope.

(I rate you +1, informative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Separate
    Maybe I can see if Exodus or Paragon have a strat on how to make girls clothes just fall off, exploiting of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by wulfen13
    There are exploits for that, but you get a long time in prison for them...

Deleted

Arena might as well be PVE

Battlegrounds are like impossible to balance to the point where you could reward gear through it is the problem.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Arena is fun but makes almost zero lore sense. You're job is to help conqueror the world for your side. Arena doesn't do this, BG does this.
    Kick me, your limping. Stab me, your bleeding.

The thing that bothers me with battlegrounds, as a healer, is that I'm one of few or the only one in the BG of my kind. Therefore, I spend 99.9% of my time healing others, which is what I love to do, but I get rewarded the least out of anybody else. The lowest damage dealer is being rewarded more honor points than me because of his/her HKs or KBs. On top of that, since I do spend most of my time healing, it's harder for me to carry the flag, cap the GY, capture the node, etc. which would ultimately hurt me the most unless I became selfish and said I wasn't going to heal until I could capture those objectives. At least in Arena, if I perform well, I'm rewarded for it. Just my 2 cents.

To each his own. Each one of us pays exactly the same amount of money to play this game and not a single one of us has the right to tell the other how they should play it. The only authority in this game is Blizzard. Blizzard knows that no matter what they do, no matter how many people cry about whatever it is they want to cry about, most of us will continue to pay to play this game. I love the crybaby's that say stupid things like "this is going to make me quit playing WoW", yet two months later, they are still forcing mommy and daddy to pay for them to play. PvP is a great part of this game, I personally prefer BGs over Arenas any day of the week. I prefer the wide open battlefields to arenas "duel-in-a-box"
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.

Quote Originally Posted by Qarling
    PvP has been based on FotM for some time now. If you think I am wrong, then go look at the top 100 arena teams and what you see most in BGs. All I tend to see most often is, DKs, ret paladins, and destro locks. All the other classes we have seen before and we know they do pretty well, but i have done WSG's with 8/10 DKs on the other team. I do arena, I do 10 games, 7/10 Have DKs on them, 4/10 are DK ret pally. Ok im only around 1750 because i just started last week, but this is bullshit. Soon ret pallies will fade and another will take its place, and this is what blizzard calls "balance". Giving each spec/class its spotlight for a season or 2 before nerfing it into the ground.

Maybe im just Q.Qing, cause i dont play classes just cause they are OP. A guy i know, has been playing a DK since wrath came out, thinks hes hot shit. Dks are getting nerfed in 3.2, now hes leveling a destro lock saying hes bored of DKs. These people are what i hate, and I just cancelled my subscription because of it. Also PvE is really easy, and people suck too much at this game. We cant get 25 non fucking fail people together, so we cant do anything. This game has lost all of its fun, im tired of carrying bad people, and tired of fighting OP teams that just ruin the game, im done.
    Sorry but you just suck.

And GG if you quit because some guy rerolls fotm..

Quote Originally Posted by Baygon
    if blizzard wanted to fix BG's they could easily bring back the old PvP Titles, just fewer of them, higher ur rank better access to gear u have.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Rule #84 of WoW: Saying "Rotation" doesn't automatically make you a good player... or even a competent one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cayleypriest
    The thing that bothers me with battlegrounds, as a healer, is that I'm one of few or the only one in the BG of my kind. Therefore, I spend 99.9% of my time healing others, which is what I love to do, but I get rewarded the least out of anybody else. The lowest damage dealer is being rewarded more honor points than me because of his/her HKs or KBs. On top of that, since I do spend most of my time healing, it's harder for me to carry the flag, cap the GY, capture the node, etc. which would ultimately hurt me the most unless I became selfish and said I wasn't going to heal until I could capture those objectives. At least in Arena, if I perform well, I'm rewarded for it. Just my 2 cents.
    If you heal a person, you get credit for their HKs. KBs don't offer any additional honor. You should have more HKs than any dpser if you're actively healing.

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    Battlegrounds are like impossible to balance to the point where you could reward gear through it is the problem.
    The same goes to arena.

Imo, there is no reason for people to say that BGs can't be considered real PvP. Also, BGs should be made more important than arena. There is no reason for BGs to be so unimportant in the World of Warcraft. Give rated BGs. Give good rewards through BGs. Give titles. Give BGs the glory they deserve.

Basically, they need to get rid of this stupid random Battle group stuff where you get queued with people who have shitty gear.

They need to rank people by their gear quality and require you to set up a sort of BG profile. Where you can earn a rank with a certain profile.

They could also make people put gear sets together for a bg, and rank it off item level. Giving more honor to people in higher geared bg's.

Then there would actually be a reason to getting the PvP gear. Why should you even get the PvP gear currently? besides arena gear, the BG's are going to be the same luck of the draw. You can get all the gear in the world and get 5 people on your team in blues and still lose. You would think getting better gear would help you win bg's like it does arena but it doesnt.

This "gear system" combined with a second ranking system bassed off of quality points (which can be given for say capping flags, damage done over a certain amount, healing done over a certain amount), can easily make it so that people who like to play and are good at playing get queued into the same bg. While the people who are still learing, have crappy gear, or afk half the time are in the lower shittyer and less honor bg's.

I say sort out the people who ruin the bg's and sperate them from people who outclass them. Blizzard already does this by making an 80 only bg, insted of 71-80. Cuase i hate to break this news to blizzard but sombody in hatefull is not the same level as sombody in furious. They just arnt. The difference can be as much as 400 spellpower or more, 4k+hp, way more everything. It makes no sense to have them in the same BG, becuase then it turns into luck of the draw. Who has more people with decent gear.

Sombody in hatefull is about a level 71 while a furious geared person is level 79. HUGE gap. So while i agree that BG's are real pvp, they are horribly shitty, anoying, randomly balanced, pointless, not fun becuase you cant controll if you win half the time, PvP.

When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

i do see ppl spamming trade chat with pvp guild recurting and i dont understand why you wold need a guild to pvp....however i would love the idea of pvp that actually required 10 15 25 ppl working together to win and get the best gear. i would prolly actually pvp them lol