Thread: Auctioneer data

Auctioneer data

I'm having a problem. My main prof is inscription, and whenever i decide to make some glyphs, i go for the market value. But as it turns out, that value is often very different from their real price, because it's influnced by old searches. Is there anyway to reset the data? A command?

Re: Auctioneer data

(This isn't related to Auctioneer exactly)

I used to use auctioneer until I started getting performance issues, I switched to AuctionLite, and I like it a lot better (my mage sells glyphs), I'm not 100% sure, but whenever I put up an auction it takes a snapshot of the AH, and then defaults to undercutting slightly. I believe you can change these options, especially if you are a hardcore AH'er, but for me, since I have a gathering profession for all of my crafting professions, I don't really have overhead - hence I want everything to sell (and undercut)

One of the main reasons i use auctioneer, is the batch posting. When you post ~700 glyphs, you really don't want to do it in hand (did it with herbs in tbc). The batch posting lets you choose some things that should automaticly be posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Teirisius

I used to use auctioneer until I started getting performance issues, I switched to AuctionLite, and I like it a lot better (my mage sells glyphs), I'm not 100% sure, but whenever I put up an auction it takes a snapshot of the AH, and then defaults to undercutting slightly. I believe you can change these options, especially if you are a hardcore AH'er, but for me, since I have a gathering profession for all of my crafting professions, I don't really have overhead - hence I want everything to sell (and undercut)
    /sigh at performance issues. Auctioneer is always at the top of my Memory Used list. but I haven;t found anything as good as it. I'll go look up this AuctionLite thing.
    Needs more LB!

Quote Originally Posted by Teirisius

Agreed, I use AuctionLite as well. It's got all the good things about Auctioneer without any of the memory issues. You can also batch post as well. I highly recommend it. You can adjust the percentage at which it undercuts the lowest price on the AH as well, depending on what you want. And it keeps a memory of prices and rules out stuff that's too high or low, just like auctioneer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali
    Healers ARE held to a high standard, they're just also held to the healer motto: "We can't heal stupid".

I've switched from Auctioneer to AuctionLite and QuickAuctions 2.

QuickAuctions does batch posting and mass canceling and AuctionLite is less memory intensive and faster for the basics than Auctioneer.