Poll: What class did you find best at pvp at the end of TBC?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The pvp class of TBC

hai, so of pure curiosity i was just wondering today which actually was the top for arena back in TBC?
    Personally i had alot of fun with my hunter, little less fun with my warrior and the least fun with my Mage.

I wasnt much interested in pvp and arena back then, so didnt really notice what classes actually was the most used/best at arena.

So what class and specc did you have most fun with, and what was the best class?
    You cannot bandage a bleeding target...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    This gets my vote for thread of the month.
    If WoW was "just" a game, you wouldn't be in this forum.

Re: The pvp class of TBC

MS Warrior + Resto Druid.

If you didn't have ''fun'' with your warrior in PvP in TBC you were doing it wrong. Like ridiculously wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by mogulkhan
    MS Warrior + Resto Druid.

If you didn't have ''fun'' with your warrior in PvP in TBC you were doing it wrong. Like ridiculously wrong.
    Well, kinda just didnt like the playstyle of a warrior. But yea, was doing it with my brother(i had full glad(was s3 btw) he had no pvp gear whatsoever) and we still managed to get to 1750 rating. Just grew tired of it and stopped playing my warrior(he is now tank)

Rogue.
    You can't use this while stunned.

There is nothing i will ever miss more than being a UNTOUCHABLE GOD OF UNIMAGINABLE POWER!!

The short period where i played SL/SL warlock was the single thing i will miss the most / forever about tbc.
    I beat up full brutal warriors, while wearing nothing but a blue staff and pvp gloves (for fear bonus)
    I made a movie of me defeating almost every class naked as sl/sl (rogues excluded) ending up with full health.
    And once i put on my gear, my 1200 SP and 400 resil, i was unmatched, arena, bg's and world pvp.
    My counters? warriors i lost to about 20% of the time, rogues 50%, but the very feeling of the way you could use fear, dots and drains back then was the best experience i have ever had in gaming.

BUT i voted warrior :>

10+ Year Old Account

Druids and wars at the end of TBC.... played both in arenas.. and i gotta say my druid was haxed... whether as resto or dreamstate you just flat out pwnd face.. didn't even need to upgrade to season 4 gear as resto, just kept my s3 and spent the points on feral crap. warrior was a blast, get s3/s4 and a skillherald and just pwn face.. gotta say my personal fav tho was my lock, as sl/sl.... although the viablilty faded towards the end.

"Stop," said a loud booming voice. And Rhonin turned around to see it was Bolvar Fordragon, but he was all burned up and shit. He took the helm from Tirion. "I can take no comfort anymore, in the world of the living, for Arthas has burned my genitals off. I shall bear the burden. I shall be the jailer of the damned." - Legendary Knaak Thread

Resto Druids were digustingly op and have always been. Warriors and rogues were close behind, a good rogue could not really be beaten in a 1v1 and could literally boost any other class in 2v2 bracket. Locks had a strong few seasons and mages and priests were pretty evenly strong too. Shamans had a nice spec with resto but on the whole paladins, shamans and hunters were the underdogs achieving success only by very good players. Who voted paladin.....

Resto druid and/or sl/sl lock, hands down

i voted for resto druids cause they ... rocked

but in the eearly days of tbc , sl/sl locks were by far the best but they got nerfed , pretty good

The resto druids were just plainly OP in TBC. could die couldn't go oom etc.
    where capable of carrying whoever they teamed up with.

Did someone really vote hunter... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Rule #84 of WoW: Saying "Rotation" doesn't automatically make you a good player... or even a competent one.

I voted Paladins, because towards the end of TBC, I can't remember what Blizzard did to them, but all I remember was getting mashed all day long when doing my Isle of Quel'Danas dailies.
    Quote Originally Posted by trainwreck
    If they do incorporate Worgen and Goblins as playable races it will be the last straw. I've let my children play this (somewhat evil) game in my Christian household for long enough. These changes will bring a whole new level of evil and Satanism that I can't stand by and let my kids experience. I will be cancelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneoldfogie
    I voted Paladins, because towards the end of TBC, I can't remember what Blizzard did to them, but all I remember was getting mashed all day long when doing my Isle of Quel'Danas dailies.
    I think he means pre 3.0. All of you people voting paladins as OP pre-3.0 are the reason everything has a warning label on it. IE "warning -coffee hot,may burn" rofl.

If you are not voting for 2x Glaive rogues...you fail. Think of all the combos they were really good at. And yes...they were better paired up with a druid than even warriors at the end...if they had the glaives.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

moar for voting

End of TBC? Around Season 4, aight...
    Retardins, SL/SL Warlocks, Resto Druids, Warriors, Rogues.
    Alot of Retardins...
    Hi

S1 was anybodies game. No resilience, nobody knew what they were doing, people were trying crazy comps for fun. And it was fun. (I was a feral druid this season)

S2 was a combo of S1 and S3 (I leveled a warlock just for SL/SL during this season)

S3 things were established, resto druids had enough healing offset pieces from raiding to keep anything alive and never die. SL/SL was also a god. Warrior and rogue had decent weapons and were moving up in the game. ( I was an SL/SL warlock and destroyed)

S4 was purely a melee game. They had BT and sunwell weapons and could own anything, especially with a godly restodruid keeping them up. It sucked if you werent one of these classes and knew you had no chance. And it was boring as hell if you were one of these classes and knew they had no chance, and it painfull if you ran up against an identical matchup and it became a 45 minute mana war waiting for the other side to make a mistake. (I was a restodruid for this season. It was boring as hell.)

End of S4, when 3.0 came out but before WOTLK, ret pallies destroyed all. Everyone pulled their pally alt out of retirement and were bubble and wing and hammering everyone to death in 2 seconds in arena and battlegrounds. Most wsg matches were 7 poorly played pallies (but still 2 shotting everything) and 3 random classes playing against 6 poorly played pallies and 4 assorted classes.

Top is still Resto Druid.

I ran a Hunter/Druid until I finished collecting S3 then swapped to my lock.

For 3v3 it was Disc Priest, SL/SL Lock and Resto Druid.

Basically, we were built to outlast while dots eat away. I have a mix of S2 and S3 on my lock and 2 pieces of S4... then Retardins became 2 shotters. Thats when I stopped WoW for a while until WoTLK was released.

Now, its Rogue/Boomkin/Resto Druid 3v3 for me.

Man, who chose Hunters? If you like 45 min+ drain arena matches than something is wrong with you. Like seriously

Grunt
    15+ Year Old Account

Rogues were most fun, at least. I liked, and still do, the feeling of control.

Alliance Characters:
    Blackblade - Rogue - 80
    Oakley - Druid - 80
    Sunforger - Paladin - 80
    -> Boltslinger - Mage - 80 <-
    Duskblade - Death Knight - 80
    Kayalei - Hunter - 80
    Stoutfist - Warrior - 80
    Tidalforce - Shaman - 73
    Daysworn - Priest - 80

In Nagrand, food hunts ogre.