Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Critical Strike Cap FAQ

Watch how it changes again in Cataclysm :P
    Done: the Seeker, Loremaster, the Exalted
    To do: the Insane

Màni, Human Rogue, Aerie Peak EU

Crit Cap = 100 - 24 - 4.8 - ([214 - X] * 0.0305) - ([722 - Y] * 0.0305)

Where X = your current expertise rating and Y = your current hit rating. This is unless you are Combat. If you are Combat and you have the weapon expertise talent the 214 figure should be changed to 132. Also if you are Alliance and you have Heroic Presence (Draenei racial aura) active, then be sure to add 32.79 to whatever hit rating you have. This formula assumes 5/5 Precision.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    OR
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Crit Cap = 100% + 4.8% - 24% glancing blows - X% dodge chance - X% miss chance

where X% dodge chance is determined by expertise rating and X% miss chance is determined by hit rating.

http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t37183-p...updated_3_3_a/

Who's right?

Neither.

The first one (which you found here) is outdated. Read the last few posts of the previous page for info.
    The other one which you found on EJ is just wrong. The Crit cap is 4.8% higher than originally thought. The author of that post made it 9.6% higher.

Crit Cap = 100% - 24% glancing blows - X% dodge chance - X% miss chance
    Done: the Seeker, Loremaster, the Exalted
    To do: the Insane

Màni, Human Rogue, Aerie Peak EU

(sry for bad Eng) Thanks a lot!!! But i just confused when use Adrian's spreadsheets to calculate crit cap , is his(her) formula right or not? Thanks again for your answers!

Thread is once again updated. Graphs are out of date for the moment. My web app has not been updated yet, though. I'll get on that real soon.

Let me know if you guys see an error. There is usually one or two things I overlooked while going over the entire post changing language or numbers (some errors seem to last through multiple revisions, too).
    "Our logic is actually pretty simple. If hybrid classes can do the same dps as pure classes, then why have pure classes in the game? So we design the pure classes to do slightly higher dps." -Ghostcrawler 3/22/2009
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=15864857264&pageNo=4&sid=1#66

Deleted

Code:
    /script local a = (0.76-(214-GetCombatRating(24))*0.000305-(722-GetCombatRating(6))*0.000305)*100 print("Your crit cap for white attacks is "..(a > 0 and a or 0).."%")
    Untested, but should not allow to return sub-zero numbers and return zero instead.

Do, do the 5% crit chance from LotP and 3% crit chance from Master Poisoner also apply?

Should I add 8% crit to my character sheet and deal with it based on that? Or 5% from LotP only, as 3% from MP is a debuff on the mob and not count towards my hit table?

Or does neither buff count?

the 5% from LotP should show up on your character sheet when the buff is on. The only crit% buff that doesn't afaik is MP / HotC.
    "Our logic is actually pretty simple. If hybrid classes can do the same dps as pure classes, then why have pure classes in the game? So we design the pure classes to do slightly higher dps." -Ghostcrawler 3/22/2009
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=15864857264&pageNo=4&sid=1#66

Quote Originally Posted by NonMagical
    Q: How do I determine what my crit cap is?
    A: Everybody's crit cap is different. The two important things that change your crit cap is your expertise and your hit rating. Since rarely you will have the same exact stats as somebody else, you will need to do a little bit of math to determine your own crit cap. Here is the formula:

Crit Cap = 100 - Glancing - Dodge - Miss

in other words...

Crit Cap = 100 - 24 - ([214 - X] * 0.0305) - ([722 - Y] * 0.0305)

[i]Where X = your current expertise rating and Y = your current hit rating. This is unless you are Combat. If you are Combat and you have the weapon expertise talent the 214 figure should be changed to 132. Also if you are Alliance and you have Heroic Presence (Draenei racial aura) active, then be sure to add 32.79 to whatever hit rating you have. This formula assumes 5/5 Precision.
    You should mention that values for X > 214 and Y > 722 screw up the calculations. If you are above those values use these maximum values X=214 and Y=722 for it.
    Another point I'm not quite sure about is the 4,8%. Has anyone actually managed to hit the crit cap and tried out if you still make normal white hits ?

Deleted

About the macro, to have correct values :
    Code:
    /script b = GetCombatRating(24) if b > 214 then b = 214 end local a = (0.76-(214-b)*0.000305-(722-GetCombatRating(6))*0.000305)*100 print("Your crit cap for white attacks is "..(a > 0 and a or 0).."%.")
    I suppose it is not necessary to set a limit to the hit.

can you make this sticky again as it's incredibly useful

If you're smart and are expertise capped and behind the boss, here the most most simplified equation possible...

80.8 - (27 - hit rating% + talents)

or even simpler

53.8 + hit rating % and talents.
    www.dramaloot.com

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Vek%27nilash&cn=Evilgopher