Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I shouldnt have asked.

Because i didnt like the answer i got
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

We have no intention of majorly supporting a Smite-centric, Holy-damage-focused priest build.

Smite is there to give you something to hit at low level and give you some ability to do damage in a Holy or Disc build. But we don't expect it to do competitive dps with a Shadow build. Shadow is your dps spec.
    Oh well, if i really hated the crappy dps I wouldn't have rolled smite in the 1st place =P

Re: I shouldnt have asked.

Don't be discouraged, it was obviously you finding an amazing DPS spec and them trying to point you in the wrong direction. Keep marching on

ZOMG!, it took 2 whole posts for a LOLGOSHADOW response. Think we could still use more tho, hopefully with and equal or greater amount of nerd-rage as that previous one.

Lol, that's quite a tough answer indeed.

It would be nice for you lolsmite noobs to get the message and stop saturating the forums with garbage about holy DPS. As I have pointed out in many posts before, the structure of Holy DPS and Shadow is almost identical, there is no real difference other than the fact you are casting Holy Spells instead of shadow spells. This just futher's my opinion that holy dps is only attractive to those who are trying to be unique and thus feel cool because they are different to the larger community. It's a lot easier to rebel than conform.

Its nice to get a definitive response from Blizzard on this. It can finally be put to rest.

Could "Smite" DPS be viable? Yes.

Is Blizzard planning on making it viable? No.

Smite is a leveling spell. Holy fire is a leveling spell. If you want to use these spells in endgame, roll a Disco PvP Priest. I might not like it, but that is the clear direction from Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    It would be nice for you lolsmite noobs to get the message and stop saturating the forums with garbage about holy DPS. As I have pointed out in many posts before, the structure of Holy DPS and Shadow is almost identical, there is no real difference other than the fact you are casting Holy Spells instead of shadow spells. This just futher's my opinion that holy dps is only attractive to those who are trying to be unique and thus feel cool because they are different to the larger community. It's a lot easier to rebel than conform.
    Just lol @ that. Just lol.
    Its the other way around buddy.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Firegod1385
    Just lol @ that. Just lol.
    Its the other way around buddy.
    in an online world with no direct effects on your real life whatever you do i must say that rebeling is so easy that it looses it cause

ouch...

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

cant disagree
    there are certain specs for certain jobs to be done
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Quote Originally Posted by maaghen
    in an online world with no direct effects on your real life whatever you do i must say that rebeling is so easy that it looses it cause
    While I will agree with you there, there is still a million more "comformers" than there are "rebels". Just look at anytime someone asks a question that doesnt agree with EJ's math. Alot of people will jump down your throat for not believing what they say, even though have "proven" it.

Mathmatically, yes, they are good. But playstyles differ, and thats why some people like to try to think outside the box and do different things.

Shadow DPS vs Holy DPS might jsut be a "few different spells" animations to some, while if you look at alot of caster specs, many are quite similar.

Fireball vs FrostFire vs Frost? Most of them are really similar. Mostly keeping 1 thing up, watching for 1-2 things, and doing them at the right times. Yeah, XX will always be better than YY. But I dont get why people have to hate someone because they would prefer to do YY.

/shrugs. I guess that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Firegod1385
    While I will agree with you there, there is still a million more "comformers" than there are "rebels". Just look at anytime someone asks a question that doesnt agree with EJ's math. Alot of people will jump down your throat for not believing what they say, even though have "proven" it.

Mathmatically, yes, they are good. But playstyles differ, and thats why some people like to try to think outside the box and do different things.

Shadow DPS vs Holy DPS might jsut be a "few different spells" animations to some, while if you look at alot of caster specs, many are quite similar.

Fireball vs FrostFire vs Frost? Most of them are really similar. Mostly keeping 1 thing up, watching for 1-2 things, and doing them at the right times. Yeah, XX will always be better than YY. But I dont get why people have to hate someone because they would prefer to do YY.

/shrugs. I guess that's just me.
    Because when we wipe at 1%, the difference was that you were doing a sub-optimal YY instead of the goddamn XX you should have done.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytho23
    Because when we wipe at 1%, the difference was that you were doing a sub-optimal YY instead of the goddamn XX you should have done.
    God forbid anyone has fun.

Quote Originally Posted by amiller1121
    Wiping isn't fun.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytho23
    Guilds that play like that, and people that play in 'those' guilds, dont have YY people. And if they do, thats a failure on the guilds part, not the players.

If you want to be Min/Maxxers then your guild should know this as a general rule.

My guild isnt big, its really small, friends only, maybe 15 people tops. I don't care what spec someone wants to bring to a dungeon/raid. If we wipe because they were low, we wipe. The only time I can blame a wipe on a DPS is if the boss enrages. If not, it was something the tank / healer did wrong. I will accept fault on a tank dying if i didn't heal him.

POINT: You dont want YY in your raid? Don't bring them. But *YOU* not wanting YY does not mean that nobody else wants YY and you need to turn into the *DESTROYER OF ALL YY's* which is what several people on these forums do (Did* as its dead now) about Holy priests wanting to dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrix
    Wiping isn't fun.
    Tell that to all the 'hardcore' players complaining content is too easy

They apparently think wiping is F'in awesome.

But what about the nine or 24 other people you just cost gold? Believe it or not, wiping your raid because you 'want to be unique and have fun' doesn't go over very well.

15+ Year Old Account

Spamming smite is SO much more fun than mindflay. Right?

Children always want the toys they can't have. Some priests need to realise we have 2 viable healing trees and one viable DPS tree. There is no room or reason to give the Holy tree any form of raid-viable dps when it has already cemented its role in a raid environment.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos-
    Spamming smite is SO much more fun than mindflay. Right?

Children always want the toys they can't have. Some priests need to realise we have 2 viable healing trees and one viable DPS tree. There is no room or reason to give the Holy tree any form of raid-viable dps when it has already cemented its role in a raid environment.
    Like Feral Tanks in BC. No room for another role in there. Damn those children and their raid viable kitties.

But seriously... GC has dropped the hammer and dispensed with some indiscriminate justice. Smite or "Holy" DPS is dead. Agree or Disagree... it is what it is.

I don't know how to put it Spiritus, but you're really starting to be boring with Feral druids. They already had talents that relate to hitting the boss. You have 2 trees that relate to hitting the player.
    They have infinite source of attacks, you don't.

Please, drop the feral argument, it's not valid. Change you're asking for is not valid and definitely not similar to feral change or how feral was.