Page 1 of 52
... LastLast

Turning Off Experience has ruined BGs!

For those who might or might not know me my name is Crucifer - I host a "World of Twinks" LIVE stream daily on justin.tv.

My entire outlook on WoW is based around Twink PvP and Twinking at low levels (19-59 bracket) and I have amassed quite a bit of fans and viewers over a very short period of time who also enjoy watching Twink PvP as a viral fix for what they might not get anymore at level 80. With that being said I feel as though I need to address the biggest issue I've currently found with the patch 3.2.

While I was one to think that the Experience Removal was going to be an awesome addition to low level BGs it has become frighteningly clear of the one issue that was overlooked:

For those who are 19, 29, 39, 49 and so on and want to PvP on their twinks they have to que for other 29 twinks and on most battlegroups there just isn't a lot on at exactly the same time making que times excessively long...almost non-existant.

This means no more BGs for Twinks. I run on Arthas (Ruin-US) a very VERY populated battlegroup and before the experience lock there was only 1 AB, 4 WSG games at level 29 = usually going on at "PEAK" hours thats with the full range of 20-29 players. In these BGs there was only 2-4 Twinks per side...meaning to que at PEAK hours the most you'd get is 4v4 WSG/AB's....

Now I am not sure I've followed Blizzard Developers comments over the years but I'm sure the same comment has been made: "We do not plan on removing Twinks." Well...then you need to make some changes ASAP to the current system otherwise this is going to really hurt low level BGs for Twinks more than most because there just isnt even on the most populated battlegroups a surplus of twinks to play against.

=/ This just wasn't the way to go about giving PvP experience. And this is also why the experience was removed in Vanilla in the first place.

"They should have made it so you can turn off experience and others can turn on experience and yet you still play each other.

That way Twinks can stay at their own level and the lower levels can still level via pvp. Without hurting the que times/population."

If you are a Twink out there and are realizing this as I am...post up.

I am also currently running a QUE timer to prove that it doesn't matter if i leave WoW running all night with the QUE on I'm never going to get into a BG.

Side Note - Changing WSG completely wrong with the 20min timer. This has caused the game to go 1 cap followed by turtle. With that being said...I will explain how you should fix WSG and why it would work out far better.

Keep the 3/3 flags = Win

Instead of a 20 min timer....make a Kill Counter....each teams start at 250. Each time a team gets a kill the counter goes down by 1.

WSG becomes first team to 3 caps or first to kill 250 people. This entices PvP encounters, and teamplay. While not hurting the way WSG is played. Also reducing the time spent in WSG as 250 kills should be accomplished under 45 min.

-Crucifer (World of Twinks - http://www.justin.tv/crucifer2005/old)

Re: Turning Off Experience has ruined BGs!

Twinks have to be pretty low on Blizz's priority list..
    LOL, legendary thread

Quote Originally Posted by Crucifer2005
    Now for those who are 29 and want to PvP on their twinks they have to que for other 29 twinks and on most battlegroups there just isn't a lot on at exactly the same time making que times excessively long...
    Diddums.
    You mean you can no longer annihilate poor and unsuspecting fair-weather players?

Diddums.
    Quote Originally Posted by jai151
    The wings are spot on for horse anatomy though.

That has nothing to do with it. Most people shouldn't be queing until 28 either way. You can't gain anything from PvP until 8/9 of each bracket.

and most games theres 2-4 twinks on each side so it evens out. The problem is 4v4 doesn't fill 1 BG.

Meaning twinks can no longer BG...and Blizzard has said in the past they do not plan on getting rid of twinks and i'm sure soon they are going to get quite a few complaints about the change.

That has nothing to do with it. Most people shouldn't be queing until 28 either way. You can't gain anything from PvP until 8/9 of each bracket.
    Apart from experience now.
    OH SNAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by jai151
    The wings are spot on for horse anatomy though.

Twinks are dead and nothing of value was lost.

They should have made it so you can turn off exp and others can turn on exp and yet you still play each other.

That way twinks can stay at their own level and the lower levels can still level via pvp. Without hurting the que times.
    Added the above to the main post.

Guys I don't think you get it...

OP is saying it has ruined BGs for ALL players, not just twinks. Removing twinks from the general battlegrounds will create longer queue times for EVERYONE.

There will be longer que time for twinks, however as people get more used to it non-twinks will que up while grinding exp without fear of getting ganked too bad and thus shorter que times for non-twinks

myself and flatmate were just playing in the 29 bgs. queing was a little longer than normal, and we found we actually missed the twinks, they were always our target of choice...

15+ Year Old Account

I don't see this as a problem. What it does is give twinks the opportunity to face off against an evenly geared team where skill counts.
    Oh wait...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesneed View Post
    The Ashpole?

Man, things get ruined really fast these days, eh?

While I was one to think this was going to be an awesome addition to low level BGs it has become frightening clear of the one issue that was overlooked.

Now for those who are 29 and want to PvP on their twinks they have to que for other 29 twinks and on most battlegroups there just isn't a lot on at exactly the same time making que times excessively long...

This means no more BGs. I run on Arthas (Ruin-US) a very populated battlegroup and pre-experience lock there was only 1 AB, 4 WSG games usually going on at peak hours thats with the full range of 20-29 players.

This is going to really hurt low level BGs for twinks more than most because there just isnt even on the most populated battlegroups a surplus of twinks to play against.

=/

Unfortunately I fear this is probably going to end up either being the worst change and or eventually reverted back. This just wasn't the way to go about giving PvP experience. And this is also why the experience was removed in Vanilla in the first place.

If you are a twink out there and are realizing this as I am...post up.

They should have made it so you can turn off exp and others can turn on exp and yet you still play each other.

That way twinks can stay at their own level and the lower levels can still level via pvp. Without hurting the que times.
    trying to experience lvl with twinks around would be a horrible experience..

Quote Originally Posted by carnavas
    Guys I don't think you get it...

OP is saying it has ruined BGs for ALL players, not just twinks. Removing twinks from the general battlegrounds will create longer queue times for EVERYONE.
    No, that's not what he's saying. He's saying that it has ruined BGs for twinks. Normal BGs have more than enough players to fill the groups. Twink BGs don't.

And I'm surprised twinks didn't figure this out before the patch. I certainly did. It was a big joke to me: Haha, twinks actually think this change is going to be GOOD for them? Good riddance.

And look what happened -- it came true.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

i think they gonna change it back since the que times become 2hour+ so they merge non exp and exp BG's agian

15+ Year Old Account

Stay on their own level and continue harrassing people who might want to try to get some XP there with having a bit fun in PvP. Oh snap. It would be exactly the same as currently. I don't know if you have tried any low level PvP on non twink character but I can say you it's far from fun being moving target dummy to twinks. Even if you are winning and getting more XP isn't countering the fact that you spend most of your time at Spirit Resser waiting for res. I can spend my time better by questing and killing mobs and actually having more complex interraction with client instead of jumping around waiting for ress and getting killed in 20sec after ress.

And to Carnavas who said this ruins BGs for everyone. Guess what. I will at least be queuing a lot more actively to BGs while leveling as I know I might even have a fair chance against all of the opposing team anda bit fun between mind numbing leveling. And I can pretty confidently guess that I ain't the only one who thinks that way.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFioGqC2qQ - The true nature of finnish people

This change has been live for 6 hours! CLEARLY IT'S RUINED PVP FOREVER!

watch this nerd @ www.justin.tv/crucifer2005

Oh, sweet bad pvp'ers tiers. :-*

Waah waah waah.

Now go level and play pvp with opponents that can actually fight back.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)