Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Turning Off Experience has ruined BGs!

Is this an opinoin based on a few hours of new patch? Why would you expect people to be playing twinks, something most people do as a micro-hobby, instead of exploring new content on their mains? My advice would be to drop the snap judgement and wait a week or so for more twinks to appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaemi
    Twinks ruining pvp for lower levels is like full Furious geared players ruining pvp for players that just hit 80, right?
    My thoughts exactly, and I don't even twink. It's no different that BiS players/800+resil players "ruining" fresh 80s' pvp.

This coming from a kid who called the FBI for getting bothered by toons in Wow. Patience really is needed. Give it a week before you QQ and nerd rage about quiting wow. probably 99 percent twinks have mains and they want to get to new content. Get with the program and wait plz before you QQ.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by T3rm1n4L
    My thoughts exactly, and I don't even twink. It's no different that BiS players/800+resil players "ruining" fresh 80s' pvp.
    Apart from the way they were often enchanted with stat bonuses/weapon enchants intended for endgame, that could proc for more than an untwinked character's total attack power amirite? Totally gettin' that logic chief.

Blizz just needs to make the battlegroups bigger. If they had 3x the number of servers in them, this wouldn't be a problem.

ruined BG?? maybe longer queues....
    so
    1.) normal ppls which exping (now u can join from everywhere and continue exp from same place before BG) didnt much affect with that. And if they go into BG, now they can enjoy their game, not be killed in 2sec by lolrougtwink

2.) twinks - looooong queues, enjoy it, or if u dont want wait 1hour for warsong, .. swith button and gain exp+ and bg again again again till 80lvl ;D (sorry for sarcasm, but i hate you, loltwinkz, because u ruined game whole time every single normal ppls on lower lvl which want try BG)

Quote Originally Posted by Crucifer2005

Instead of a 20 min timer....make a Kill Counter....each teams start at 250. Each time a team gets a kill the counter goes down by 1.

WSG becomes first team to 3 caps or first to kill 250 people. This entices PvP encounters, and teamplay. While not hurting the way WSG is played. Also reducing the time spent in WSG as 250 kills should be accomplished under 45 min.
    No, it doesn't encourage teamplay, it encourages HK farming and ganking.

Guys. Guys. GUYS. You are COMPLETELY missing the point. Twinks can no longer get in BGs because the queues never pop. Often there aren't enough twinks q'd in a battlegroup and the BG never starts, so twinks are dead if twinks can never battle. It's blizz appealing to casuals again. It's possible that if enough twinks cry about 2 hour queue times that twinks will merge with nontwinks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerenne
    No, it doesn't encourage teamplay, it encourages HK farming and ganking.
    Translation: it encourages twink-style gameplay.

Ka-ching.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Saul
    You mean you can no longer annihilate poor and unsuspecting fair-weather players?

Diddums.
    This. So fucking much this.
    You had your share of fun, now it's time for real players to play this game without being insta-gibbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Crucifer2005
    For those who might or might not know me my name is Crucifer - I host a "World of Twinks" LIVE stream daily on justin.tv.

My entire outlook on WoW is based around Twink PvP and Twinking at low levels (19-59 bracket) and I have amassed quite a bit of fans and viewers over a very short period of time who also enjoy watching Twink PvP as a viral fix for what they might not get anymore at level 80. With that being said I feel as though I need to address the biggest issue I've currently found with the patch 3.2.

While I was one to think that the Experience Removal was going to be an awesome addition to low level BGs it has become frighteningly clear of the one issue that was overlooked:

For those who are 19, 29, 39, 49 and so on and want to PvP on their twinks they have to que for other 29 twinks and on most battlegroups there just isn't a lot on at exactly the same time making que times excessively long...almost non-existant.

This means no more BGs for Twinks. I run on Arthas (Ruin-US) a very VERY populated battlegroup and before the experience lock there was only 1 AB, 4 WSG games at level 29 = usually going on at "PEAK" hours thats with the full range of 20-29 players. In these BGs there was only 2-4 Twinks per side...meaning to que at PEAK hours the most you'd get is 4v4 WSG/AB's....

Now I am not sure I've followed Blizzard Developers comments over the years but I'm sure the same comment has been made: "We do not plan on removing Twinks." Well...then you need to make some changes ASAP to the current system otherwise this is going to really hurt low level BGs for Twinks more than most because there just isnt even on the most populated battlegroups a surplus of twinks to play against.

=/ This just wasn't the way to go about giving PvP experience. And this is also why the experience was removed in Vanilla in the first place.

"They should have made it so you can turn off experience and others can turn on experience and yet you still play each other.

That way Twinks can stay at their own level and the lower levels can still level via pvp. Without hurting the que times/population."

If you are a Twink out there and are realizing this as I am...post up.

I am also currently running a QUE timer to prove that it doesn't matter if i leave WoW running all night with the QUE on I'm never going to get into a BG.

Side Note - Changing WSG completely wrong with the 20min timer. This has caused the game to go 1 cap followed by turtle. With that being said...I will explain how you should fix WSG and why it would work out far better.

Keep the 3/3 flags = Win

Instead of a 20 min timer....make a Kill Counter....each teams start at 250. Each time a team gets a kill the counter goes down by 1.

WSG becomes first team to 3 caps or first to kill 250 people. This entices PvP encounters, and teamplay. While not hurting the way WSG is played. Also reducing the time spent in WSG as 250 kills should be accomplished under 45 min.

-Crucifer (World of Twinks - http://www.justin.tv/crucifer2005/old)
    No one cares.

Thank you blizzard. I loathe twinks...

Why ? Let me give you a clue, I'm an enchanter, and one of the only who got pre-BC no requirement formulas. That means 10 twinks per day whispering me.

Anyhow, the concept of a twink is ridiculous.

great chages!

Now i can also play BG with my 61'er warri twink *g whitout be oneshottet by PvP Twinks.

THERE ISNT EVEN ENOUGH TWINKS ON YOUR BG ATM TO EVEN HAVE A BG AND YOU WONDER WHY BLIZZARD HARDLY KARE ABOUT THIS OMG, WHO THE HELL IS GONNA GO WSG TWINK BG WHEN ISLE OF KONQUEST IS OUT, I KNOW THERE MAY BE SOME, BUT HARDLY ANY!

/rage

Seariously, if they change it back to how it was theyll be pissing off alot of people to please a few.

L2twink a lvl 80.. the way the game was designed!

Deleted

@OP

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

L2P - at last you playground bully, and,

AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH AHA

Die twinks!

Seriously though, I won't miss twinks at all.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

I have twinks, and even just got out of an all twink bg, and have not really cared either way for the change. Yeah the queue times are massive now and sure i'd rather have them smaller, but if it makes the people who want to level in bg's happy so be it. I started twinking to kill other twinks and have always looked for them in bg's. I have been on the other end of twinks killing my under geared chars in bg's also and didn't enjoy it but it didn't ruin the experience for me I still learned valuable things about my class. Ultimately I saw it the same as getting killed by someone who way out gears me at 80...no difference in my mind...So I never understood why it was such a problem to begin with gear differences are part of the game and you are still gonna see people leveling through brackets in really good gear that will stomp lower level chars...meh only time will tell for sure tho.

/textcrit
    /my2cents
    When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly. But now Haruko is here. That's how I know there really is a world outside.

It´s actually really dumb what you´re saying. First you say that theres hardly 20 Twinks on, even at the primetime, in a Battlegroup, and therefore you´re unable to enter a bg. Next thing you say is, that Blizzard will get heaps of complaints... doesn´t that seem strange to you? If theres as many twinks in every bg as there is in yours (and theres far less, you said yours was a stronger bg) then Blizzard, would, IF every single player that has an active twink on any bg stop playing the game completely, lose 100 Customers.

Yeah, I think thats gonna hurt them, and btw... nobody is trying to get rid of twinks, but it seems, that those that still find the game too hard on 80, become less and less, and therefore it´s only reasonable to say (from the pov of Blizz) that you rather change the game to let the lvling population have a better experience in lowlvl pvp, than those twinks, that can still play (even more fairly, but thats obviously not what you like about lowlvl twinking, even though most twinks say) and are the minority (once again, you said there was far less twinks than normal players before 3.2).

Wow you take this game way to serious. Just chill and stop calling the FBI on people man. You need to turn off the game and go outside and have fun. You obviously nerd raging so stop the QQ. Things will get fixed. My recommendation to you is to quit wow cause you take it too damn serious. Good riddance to the twinks

I feed off your tears

For those who are 19, 29, 39, 49 and so on and want to PvP on their twinks they have to que for other 29 twinks and on most battlegroups there just isn't a lot on at exactly the same time making que times excessively long...almost non-existant.
    For one very important reason, Patch 3.2 went live today.
    This means the following for the owners of those twinks:
    - They are on theirs mains and therefore can't queue for BGs on their lvl #9's.
    That is all.