Thread: Boomkin - DPS

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Boomkin - DPS

So did anyone else love the new change to eclipse. I broke 6k on ignis today for the first time. Now on other fights I've been able to break 6k before but for Ignis where I have to stop casting it was a surprise. I pulled about 6250 on Emalon tonight which was pretty good earned me about 7th on out meters so not bad.

I think I will probably break my 4 piece quite early as I already got the 140 sp 74 haste chest but, I will keep my 2 piece until the day I die. Its such a big buff with the change to eclipse, my wraths were critting for 9.5k-11k.. like wtf lol. I think I will have to get 3-4 pieces of SOLID gear before I strip down to my 2 piece though.

Anyone else have any thoughts about the boomkin side of things?

Re: Boomkin - DPS

Can't wait to try it up !!!

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...7gall&n=Rabelz

Here's my armory just in case anyone is wondering whats kind of gear I'm rolling with.

Feel free to ask questions

What rotation you use? I do (or DID) use initial faerie fire, moonfire, insect swarm, spam wrath until eclipse of starfire, spam starfire during eclipse, and then back to spam wrath again until eclipse cd'ed and procs again. That between I make sure the dots are up.

I guess now I'll have to change to initial faerie fire, dots, spam wrath until eclipse, starfire during eclipse, and continue spamming starfire until it procs for wrath, and then spam wrath during eclipse until it procs for starfire?

/Tenasil

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...gn=Vanillaface

That was my rotation pre-patch. The biggest difficulty I'm having is finding time to refresh dots believe it or not. Sometimes with a lunar eclipse the last starfire of it can proc the solar eclipse, which make sme wonder is it worth it to refresh dots? More often than not I would just continue casting wrath until it was over and just refresh dots between the solar-to-lunar transition.

I will have to try a couple different things out like refreshing dots even though eclipse is proc'ed. I never did refresh anything except moonfire for lunar and on most boss fights I would end up with a starfire crit of 80%, and a wrath crit of 40%. Since patch I expect my starfire to go down due to trying to force solar to proc and my wrath crit % so stay about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by rabelz
    I will have to try a couple different things out like refreshing dots even though eclipse is proc'ed.
    Ofc thing will differ from player to player how ya dps, but I think eclipse should NOT be wasted in any matter. Especially not for casting dots.

Tbh I think with 4 T9 pieces, when Moonfire DoT will start proccing, insect swarm will be a DoT that is hardly used. To be most DPS effective with that gear bonus, its faerie fire, moonfire, wrath, and starfire all the way.

Deleted

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...7gall&n=Rabelz

Here's my armory just in case anyone is wondering whats kind of gear I'm rolling with.

Feel free to ask questions
    You logged out in your resto gear, though.

I dont think i would keep 4pT8 forever. While it is good, so is another 4% to both wrath and starfire. Once we get going in Coloseum, you can obviously expect your stats to go up (i mean, have you SEEN the stats on the gear, along with "not two but THREE" sockets on many of them). Anyways, i am still pondering the set bonusses.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenasil
    What rotation you use? I do (or DID) use initial faerie fire, moonfire, insect swarm, spam wrath until eclipse of starfire, spam starfire during eclipse, and then back to spam wrath again until eclipse cd'ed and procs again. That between I make sure the dots are up.

I guess now I'll have to change to initial faerie fire, dots, spam wrath until eclipse, starfire during eclipse, and continue spamming starfire until it procs for wrath, and then spam wrath during eclipse until it procs for starfire?

/Tenasil

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...gn=Vanillaface
    No worth mentioning IFF, since you only really put it up once (twice, perhaps).

From what i can gather from reading around, our rotation is quite simple:

Dots > Spam A until eclipse > Spam B til eclipse ends > Dots > Spam B until Eclipse > Spam A until eclipse ends - repeat.

Ofcourse, if your dots should happen to run out before you manage to proc eclipse, you refresh them so you have as much dot uptime as possible, without clipping eclipse. Things like treants, starfall, innervate and such can really be used at will, but i would try and use starfall while spamming wrath to proc lunar eclipse - the extra haste works for faster lunar procs aswell as faster starfires.

--

Regarding DPS - i asume you were running Emalon with your guild - i just pug it, and i can assure you that at 6k DPS you would be at the top :P In an Emalon pug, i am dancing around at the top for the most part, with 4500-5000 DPS (before 3.2, we're still waiting here in EU), but i suppose that pugs does take longer to kill a boss than a guild raid would do.

That was my rotation pre-patch. The biggest difficulty I'm having is finding time to refresh dots believe it or not. Sometimes with a lunar eclipse the last starfire of it can proc the solar eclipse, which make sme wonder is it worth it to refresh dots? More often than not I would just continue casting wrath until it was over and just refresh dots between the solar-to-lunar transition.

I will have to try a couple different things out like refreshing dots even though eclipse is proc'ed. I never did refresh anything except moonfire for lunar and on most boss fights I would end up with a starfire crit of 80%, and a wrath crit of 40%. Since patch I expect my starfire to go down due to trying to force solar to proc and my wrath crit % so stay about the same.
    Dots are well worth it. IS is our best DPM move we have, and it enhances your wrath. Moonfire enhances starfire and is enhanced by starfire - its also the subject of a rather nice T92P bonus.

If your cast lands after eclipse has ended, it doesn't benefit from the eclipse. So because of that, if you know that eclipse will end, just refresh your dots instead of landing an attack that A) Doesn't get eclipse and B) Has a risk of proccing eclipse, actually lowering your DPS because you are missing dots, and the benefits you get from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenasil
    Ofc thing will differ from player to player how ya dps, but I think eclipse should NOT be wasted in any matter. Especially not for casting dots.

Tbh I think with 4 T9 pieces, when Moonfire DoT will start proccing, insect swarm will be a DoT that is hardly used. To be most DPS effective with that gear bonus, its faerie fire, moonfire, wrath, and starfire all the way.
    As said above, IS is still the best DPM ability we have, and it is a GREAT bonus to wrath. 3% more damage to most of your wraths if IS is up, plus the damage IS does itself, is not something you would want to let go of.

Wonder if the IS bonus applied to Moonfire will apply to the periodic crit chances you get if you have 4 pieces of T9...

Another thing you have to remember is you can drop 2% hit with the buff to balance of power. If im not mistaken that puts our hit that we need about ~198 since 1% hit = 32.8 x2 = 65.6, so 263 - 65.6 = 198.

Even less if your lucky enough to be ally and have a draenie(spelling?im horde gtfo my nuts)

And also, I refreshed the dots between eclipse procs, but as I stated above; Sometimes your last starfire with Lunar proc'ed can cause solar to proc and those are the times in which I am unsure if I should waste the proc by putting up IS or use it and cast wrath, never the less with solar proc'ed none of my wraths hit for less that 5k and nothing short of 9.5k as a crit. To me I would like to see some actual statistics to justify that the 1-2 wraths I dont get to cast because of refreshing IS is worth the 3% increased wrath damage and the damage of the IS itself. I personally dont think it is to be comletely honest.

Just wondering as well, if anyone uses "Squawk & Awe", does it perform accurately with these new changes ?

buff shamans

I do not use squak and awe. I use xperl big debuffs to watch my dots.

This is our parse from Ignis tonight.

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/6536263#damageout

Granted it is nowhere near our best but a couple things are notable.

- Destro lock dps is down about 600 from where it normally is.
    - Kitty dps is down almost 700 from where it normally is. (finally beat his ass)
    - Our DK was DW frost and pulled 5.8k when he normally pulls 6.3-6.5k as blood.

Yes squak and awe does work you just have to caste whatever spells Eclipse is on CD

Edit: with that change to balance of power we won't have to stack much of anything for hit anymore will we
    Resto Druids, the best health care system

Quote Originally Posted by pìka
    buff shamans
    Naaaaaaah, no need at all :P

Another thing you have to remember is you can drop 2% hit with the buff to balance of power. If im not mistaken that puts our hit that we need about ~198 since 1% hit = 32.8 x2 = 65.6, so 263 - 65.6 = 198.
    Excuse me for this, but I do not get it ... How come the change to the Balance of Power, will effect our hit rating cap ?

Balance of Power now gives us an additional 2%, 6% up from 4%. So as I said above we can drop 2% hit from gear. because we get another 2% hit from talents.

I thought the same thing and was going to comment as i saw a miss today in coliseum but i could not recall if it was on an add w/o impFF(snobold) WoWheads calculator says it affects our spell hit too as does the in game Talent tree
    Testing if it is true now.

Edit: testing because this seems OP we already have more hit then most casters. Wondering if this is so no leather gear has hit on it though i don't recall any but teir gear anyway.
    Resto Druids, the best health care system

Balance of Power now gives us an additional 2%, 6% up from 4%. So as I said above we can drop 2% hit from gear. because we get another 2% hit from talents.
    Incorrect. It gives us 3/6% spell damage reduction instead of 2/4% chance to be hit by spells. The 2/4% chance to hit is unchanged.

Your wrong, on my TALENT tree in game it says 3/6% hit and 3/6% damage taken reduced so uhh GG. Plus I would have ran under hit cap all night if that was the case and I never once missed on a target that had IFF on it.

Ahhh, sorry about that, but when I first read the patch notes about the modifications on "Balance of Power", I thought they would change just this part :

"Balance of Power: Now reduces all spell damage taken by 3/6%, rather than reducing the chance to be hit by spells by 2/4%. "

But after taking a better look at the talent tree, it seems that your point is so valid. I hope it does not have to do with a wrong tooltip or smth from Blizz.

one thing is for sure.. we gonna have to stay with 2xtier8 rest of this expansion :P