Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: What dp you think of our 3.2 dps

Of the DPS I done last night I found I've gone up over what I used to do.
    [/url]

Considering the demand for our stack being up, I think there needs to be a change to give us a refresh option. I'll explain.

On Icehowl, third mob of the Northrend Beasts encounter in the Argent Tournament raid, every time he does his knockback/charge I lose my stack. He pulls off this move ever 30-45 seconds or so. As such, I spend the entire fight trying to rebuild my stack. If there was a way to have a ranged attack refresh the buff, even if for just half of its duration, that would help out a ton. Couldn't Exorcism be used to extend the duration the DoT stack by 50%?

Even if Blizzard took some of the damage off the 5 stacked DoT, increasing the duration by 50%, or offering a way to, would most likely result in a reasonable DPS gain over the course of an entire raid night.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

On any fight where I could sit on 1 target for a substantial amount of time it was a big DPS gain. Anything with multiple targets was horribad. I pulled 7200 dps on XT hard mode (just behind 2 rogues, arms warrior, and a blood DK) last night, held my own on Mimiron Hard mode, Thorim, and RNG'd 13k on Hodir vs at or slightly under 4k overall on Freya. Overall not nearly as bad as I thought it would be, but still not acceptable on the majority of the fights (Re: anything with more than 1 target).

Note too, someone posted earlier about Vezax being a good gauge; it really isn't due to the 20% melee attack speed debuff.

15+ Year Old Account

This is the issue we have been talking about. The ramp up speed is too much considering how much dps we lose if our stacks fall off.
    Edit: Someone mentioned above that a longer dot would work too or a way to refresh it from a distance. Personally, I would like the dot to be a charge on us but either a shorter ramp up, a longer dot, or a distance refresher could work.

There already is a list of all the fights in Ulduar where our stacks inevitably fall off or we have to switch targets all too often, so I'll just talk about the Northrend Beasts encounter in ToCr.

Gormok- We can do some good dps on Gormok, provided your raid doesn't have you attack the snobolds. If you have to switch to Snobolds for any reason you dps will suffer. I assume RL are aware of this and will put the ranged dps on snobold removal. Otherwise, we do some good dmg. I also had no problem throwing out HoPs or Salvs and getting right back on target. I have my mages, locks, and healers stay in range(these are the only ones that ever need HoPs or Savls) so I dont have to run around to find them for a Hand spell.

Acidmaw & Dreadscale- Everytime they burrow and come back up, we lose our stacks. Basically, pick one and stay on him until he dies. You'll have to re-stack your dot everytime they come up, but thats the best way to get your dmg up, provided you don't get hit with one of the debuffs and have to run to the other to remove it. If you get the debuff you dps will suffer. Kind of a RNG factor here, but we gotta deal with it.

Icehowl- You'll get good dmg on him for most of the fight, but there is still the possibility of the stacks falling off. When he does his knockback and subsequent stun, unless your very close to him, your stacks will most likely fall off. Though, when he hits the wall and is stunned himself, your dmg is increased by 100% for ~12 sec due to his debuff, nonetheless your stacks have probably fallen off and you won't get all of them back up until right after the dmg increase debuff wears off.

These are all things that I have noticed so far. I've only done it on 10man, and am not aware if these bosses have different abilities in 25 man or on the heroic versions(we'll find out in 5 weeks for the latter).

The most important thing, and this should be evident, is to stay on one target for the longest time possible. And to get back to that target as soon as you can if for some reason you have to get off of it. It's very simple, and hopefully your raid leaders will know how to utilize you to optimize your dps and raid utility.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

I don't think that on Hodir fight or Freya you can judge dps
    You can't use this while stunned.

i am main spec holy, but i ret a lot when needed in our 25 man.

i went in the new 10 man and was told to go ret. since it was 10 man, i was missing some key buffs u get in 25 as u all know. our healers/tanks were off spec and not so good (our 10 man groups are just guild pugs, 25 is only "guild" runs).

so we had a few tries at it lets say.

i was first in dps first few tries doing around 4.5k dps in a 10 man. then our ranges sucked too bad, and we decided all dps on the vassel crapheads. so i was switching targets every time it dropped, and in ph 1 i was around 3.5-3.8kdps.

basically single target tank and spanks we are better then before. our aoe damage is much, much less. i might go back to the crusader strike libram over ds. and our dps on trash will be crap.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Crymeabubble
    Well would u say mages out dps us still or no? Wierd question i know but i must know!
    Yes ofc

Quote Originally Posted by Crymeabubble
    Well would u say mages out dps us still or no? Wierd question i know but i must know!
    At T7.5 I still managed to out DPS the paladins I run with on Patchwerk. As rotations are adjusted, gems are modified and such I am sure a better answer will be coming. I did notice on trash pulls or multiple mob encounters the dps of our paladins was considerably lower, but the gap did not show itself that bad on a boss fight.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by darthceltic
    i might go back to the crusader strike libram over ds. and our dps on trash will be crap.
    Eh, CS libram is not the same as it was before patch, and even then it wasnt best. If thats all you have, becasue your main spec holy, then I guess its ok, but the PvP librams are Best going into 3.2 and there are some far superior librams to get with EoT.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Grayswandir
    At T7.5 I still managed to out DPS the paladins I run with on Patchwerk. As rotations are adjusted, gems are modified and such I am sure a better answer will be coming. I did notice on trash pulls or multiple mob encounters the dps of our paladins was considerably lower, but the gap did not show itself that bad on a boss fight.
    Was the gap ~5%, because thats where it should be? If mages are being out dps'd by paladins, either the mage is in greens and the pally in full BiS and a very good players, or the mage is just bad. And by bad I mean, worthless. I'm not talking about gimmicks or Hodir or anything like that. Straight boss dps the mage should win every time, no questions.

Oh, please don't turn this into a "pure vs. hybrid" thread, thats just the way Blizz has set it up. It's supposed to be that way by design. It doesn't matter what you "think" it should be.

been running heroics with my guild and i can't even get 5 stacks of SOV on a boss before its dead, getting about 3.6k dps still without all the stacks.

i gave up pvp for wrath because its boring waste of time.

i'll just get the triumph badge libram as only holy gear i might get is like the ring.

Just as advertised... single target DPS is up.. AE / Target change fights its down

What I will add is that its not down that much.. and the better retadin you are, the less noticable the decrease on target change fights is.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    Was the gap ~5%, because thats where it should be? If mages are being out dps'd by paladins, either the mage is in greens and the pally in full BiS and a very good players, or the mage is just bad. And by bad I mean, worthless. I'm not talking about gimmicks or Hodir or anything like that. Straight boss dps the mage should win every time, no questions.

Oh, please don't turn this into a "pure vs. hybrid" thread, thats just the way Blizz has set it up. It's supposed to be that way by design. It doesn't matter what you "think" it should be.
    So negative

I believe the gap was actually larger than 5%, but my WWS wouldn't parse right so I can't give an exact number. Going to run it again tonight and see what it comes up with.

Funy thing is that my aoe dps aint lower, most of the times is higher and when is not higher its the same as in 3.1...
    My sor judgements hits like a truck (7k-9k crit hits) on hc and raid and yes i've download the newest version of recount...
    ps :edit spelling :P

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by unbemator
    Funy thing is that my aoe dps aint lower, most of the times is higher and when is not higher its the same as in 3.2...
    My sor judgements hits like a truck (7k-9k crit hits) on hcs and yes i've download the newest version of recount...

HCS?

Anyhow you should have seen AE DPS drop...... unless you were using Command in 3.1 and not Martyr.

Hc and raid...forgot to put raid too.
    Ofc i didnt use soc on 3.1, i always used SoM.. but as i said its wierd my aoe dps is higher.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by unbemator
    Hc and raid...forgot to put raid too.
    Ofc i didnt use soc on 3.1, i always used SoM.. but as i said its wierd my aoe dps is higher.
    Well thats a good thing.

Well you could have had higher iLevel gear now than before, but it is strange.

The gear i had before was stellbreak embrace, i think its called that way, and swichted to the conqueror's breastplate and swichted too pyrite infuser for MoT...
    here's my armory:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ow&n=Unbemator