New Ret DPS rotation. Help me out?

Greetings my Ret pally brothers and sisters!

I haven't seen any posts that are directly talking about the new rotations for DPS yet. If I have over looked it? I'm sorry for wasting your time with this post. Not trying to troll here. Just wanna get some insight and advice.

As of the new patch. I've toyed around a bit, and so far I've only came up with: CS > Judge Wis > DS > CS > Conc > CS (exo thrown in when it is ready and on instant cast). Then Repeat.

I need help. I'm sure there is one better at the moment, and I would really love some feedback and good number crunchers to give me a hand in bettering the cycle. We dealing with 4,10, and two 8 sec. cool downs. Help me out please.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: New Ret DPS rotation. Help me out?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilks82
    Greetings my Ret pally brothers and sisters!

I haven't seen any posts that are directly talking about the new rotations for DPS yet. If I have over looked it? I'm sorry for wasting your time with this post. Not trying to troll here. Just wanna get some insight and advice.

As of the new patch. I've toyed around a bit, and so far I've only came up with: CS > Judge Wis > DS > CS > Conc > CS (exo thrown in when it is ready and on instant cast). Then Repeat.

I need help. I'm sure there is one better at the moment, and I would really love some feedback and good number crunchers to give me a hand in bettering the cycle. We dealing with 4,10, and two 8 sec. cool downs. Help me out please.
    Check the stickies.

For the most part (with SoV) its: HoReck (When soloing only) > CS > (HoW) > JoW > DS > Exo (if 100% crit) > Cons > Exo > HW

Thank you Ron!

Sorry I didn't read deeper into the FAQ, but thanks for taking a moment to help me out. ^^

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Have HoW and CS switched places with 3.2?
    Solaron of <Old Guard>, Tichondrius US

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by peacemaster
    Have HoW and CS switched places with 3.2?
    No. CS + 33% seal hit is still higher than HoW damage.

Going with the 11/5/55 Spec. With points in Holy tree. More INT to get to Aura Master. That sound legit to you Ron? Or should I done Healing Light and Unyelding Faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    No. CS + 33% seal hit is still higher than HoW damage.
    EJ Disagrees with you.

http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t68951-retribution_3_2_a/

The Basic Rotation..

Clash resolution is as follows: HoW > CS > Judgement > DS > Consecration > Exorcism > Holy Wrath
    ..and why..
    1.HoW - This skill only comes into play when a mob is at 20%; it then becomes your top priority due to it's extremely high crit rate and fairly short CD.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Smashfist
    Prioritizing HoW over CS resolves in less CS DPS per cast minute: In a "perfect" scenario, you'll have more CS hits per minute as well as more Seal hits, which leads to a higher DPS.

I'm assuming CS that high is to keep downtime of not hitting something down? I haven't played on the dummy yet, but i've been trying to go (assuming 5 stacks) JoC>DS>HoW>CS>Con>exo. I have however had a few times where i've had to choose to hit CS or wait .5sec to judge. So i figured there had to be a slightly better way to do it. Though, after looking at my numbers tonight i do think i need to move HoW over DS, but i don't buy it over judge.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    I'm assuming CS that high is to keep downtime of not hitting something down? I haven't played on the dummy yet, but i've been trying to go (assuming 5 stacks) JoC>DS>HoW>CS>Con>exo. I have however had a few times where i've had to choose to hit CS or wait .5sec to judge. So i figured there had to be a slightly better way to do it. Though, after looking at my numbers tonight i do think i need to move HoW over DS, but i don't buy it over judge.
    It really depends on what Seal you are using- ofc a 5 stack JoV will hit more than a HoW, but HoW hits more than a SoC or SoR Judgement.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Smashfist
    Yes, because EJ is gospel when it comes to all things WoW.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Okay, here are some numbers.

10, 4, 8, 10, 15, and 1.5

What about these numbers says they are even and can be pressed in any order that repeats itself?

Walk up to the mob,

hit CS, J, DS, CS, Cons, Exo, CS, J.

Follow the now locked-in rotation that is more or less a 34 second repeat cycle of above rotation that clashes very little.

?????

Profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilks82
    Going with the 11/5/55 Spec. With points in Holy tree. More INT to get to Aura Master. That sound legit to you Ron? Or should I done Healing Light and Unyelding Faith.
    thats not a very good spec, I'd rather use

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...&version=10192

better utility (Aura Mastery doesn't affect the haste and dmg bonus iirc) and raid wide PS is better than 200 (exaggeration, well maybe not) more mana.

As a ret min/maxer in a decent raiding guild i find its best to ignore rotations. You'll be more flexible that way. Fight mechanics rarely let you follow a rotation and when brown stuff hits the twirly thing then you need to be able to adapt. Heres a few pointers:

-Open with Crusader strike followed by judgement and divine storm.
    -Follow a first come first serve rotation, but prioritise it so that CS/Judge/DS are always on CD. If they are all on CD when you GCD is up use consecrate and finally exorcism.
    -Keep in mind that on mutiple mobs DS/Consecration should be used primarily and focus on dpsing the highest health, tanked mob.
    -Burn wings every CD but keep in mind of heroism. If you know at X% heroism will be used then you should time it so that you can use wings during that 30s window. You should also not open with wings but wait until vengence has stacked 1st (Example of this is XT heart - 30s dps time but if you wait until vengence is stacked you can pop wings and still get the full 15s extra dps)
    - Make 2 macro's, So you use wings and a dps trinket (Perfect example is "Wrathstone" from Uld25) and a second macro using the above + a potion of speed. As wings is off the GCD will save you having to hit multiple things and ensure that your dps time is maximised.

An ideal PvE spec for 5 mans or raiding is this: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...&version=10192 - You should leave Divine Sac for the holy paladins to use and you free up warriors from having to keep up demo shout. The divinity talent double dips so your instant FoL, which you should be using when your rotation allows, to heal more. The extra Int is not useful, you shouldn't need a larger mana pool anyway.

Make sure your Hit and Exp capped and use [glyph of vengence] for the exp gain instead for [glyph of exorcism]. Still gem for as much strength as you can and only use 1 Nightmare tear and orange gem to keep your meta working.

Follow this and you'll be giving Dks a run for their money.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy
    As a ret min/maxer in a decent raiding guild i find its best to ignore rotations. You'll be more flexible that way. Fight mechanics rarely let you follow a rotation and when brown stuff hits the twirly thing then you need to be able to adapt. Heres a few pointers:

-Open with Crusader strike followed by judgement and divine storm.
    -Follow a first come first serve rotation, but prioritise it so that CS/Judge/DS are always on CD. If they are all on CD when you GCD is up use consecrate and finally exorcism.
    -Keep in mind that on mutiple mobs DS/Consecration should be used primarily and focus on dpsing the highest health, tanked mob.
    -Burn wings every CD but keep in mind of heroism. If you know at X% heroism will be used then you should time it so that you can use wings during that 30s window. You should also not open with wings but wait until vengence has stacked 1st (Example of this is XT heart - 30s dps time but if you wait until vengence is stacked you can pop wings and still get the full 15s extra dps)
    - Make 2 macro's, So you use wings and a dps trinket (Perfect example is "Wrathstone" from Uld25) and a second macro using the above + a potion of speed. As wings is off the GCD will save you having to hit multiple things and ensure that your dps time is maximised.
    This is spot on and I agree with this 100%

An ideal PvE spec for 5 mans or raiding is this: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...&version=10192 - You should leave Divine Sac for the holy paladins to use and you free up warriors from having to keep up demo shout. The divinity talent double dips so your instant FoL, which you should be using when your rotation allows, to heal more. The extra Int is not useful, you shouldn't need a larger mana pool anyway.
    I have to disagree with your Spec being better, Divine Sac is extremely useful regardless if your guild. Also to expect your Holy Pals to go that deep in the Prot when they can gain so much more out of Ret is a bit much to expect from healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Iosif
    This is spot on and I agree with this 100%

I have to disagree with your Spec being better, Divine Sac is extremely useful regardless if your guild. Also to expect your Holy Pals to go that deep in the Prot when they can gain so much more out of Ret is a bit much to expect from healers.

They gain just as much from Prot (and even more now with the 3.2 nerf) than they do going into Ret.

I've read most the stickies and the links to Elitist Jerks. Been reading the posts too. Thanks for all your feed backs so far guys. And most of all thanks again to you Ron!!