Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Any point doing naxx,os or maly anymore?

Since u can get equal or better gear when doing new 5 man, is there a point going to those raids and loosing nerves wehn building raid group?
    In fact, if u just ding 80 with some alt, doing heroics + new normal, then going uld is way to go, skipping naxx??

Re: Any point doing naxx,os or maly anymore?

do naxx for badges

Patch notes...

Any dungeons that previously dropped Emblems of Heroism or Valor, such as Naxxramas or Heroic Halls of Stone, will now drop Emblems of Conquest instead. Emblems of Conquest can still be converted to Valor or Heroism.
    So, doing any of those will get you Conquest badges, which still gives fairly decent gear, it also would make it miles easier to gear up newer level 80s.

Naxx can also provide some nice gold, if you don't wipe alot that is

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchonBOA
    do naxx for badges

do naxx for badges

Quote Originally Posted by Ess85
    gold
    badges
    Abyss Crystals
    Welcome to the Internet, where the men are men, the women are men, the children are police officers, everyone is correct all of the time, even when they're wrong, and where opinions are more valid the more insults and swear words you include with them.

Deleted

And still, you'd want to do Naxx for having 'done' Naxx...

Even if it's with an alt of your own, you'd want to do the instance to learn the fights/tactics/movement with the new class. It will be different than your main and it will help you prevent from wiping when you coast into Ulduar.

Deleted

do naxx for badges

Yeah now that 3.2 is out, i think Naxx is goin to be alot more popular, cause wen Ulduar came out, Naxx was pretty much forgotten about by the good guilds. Even now that the changes have been made, i can see them goin back to Naxx, not for gear, just the fact that they will be able to clear it in like 1 hour, get the badges, gold etc. and thats that done for another week. Same goes with EoE i guess! Heroics aswell are like just purely for badges now, trade channels are back to haveing people LF tanks, healers, dps!

You can never have enough Badges or Gold

Also with the ilevel geer vehicle scaleing in Maly now, it would be nice to check out what the fight should have been like

Plenty of badges to be had in naxx.

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk
    Also with the ilevel geer vehicle scaleing in Maly now, it would be nice to check out what the fight should have been like
    10 drakes each one with more hp thn maly ? It will be fun imo .

On topic people will do naxx for 2 reasons , emblems (and gold but none realises that 10man actually gives 15-19g per boss while 25man gives 7-9g) and "gear" (that is if ur not up for faring heroics in order to get enough emblems for some ulduar entry level gear).

I think that ppl will continue to do naxx cause of the "free" (pretty much before 3.2 too) epics in order to move faster to higher content. Instead of running countless heroics for the same roughly amount of emblems. With conquest emblems u can get a pants , gloves , neck , head/chest from the tier so people will go after the emblems and not the instances for drops (talking about gearing up new 80s or farming stuff). Obviously th faster way to do so is in "old"-piss easy content like naxx , os , maly which is the equivalent of a ful run on every heroic (once a week though).

So i think yes , ppl will bother doing them , if they are just a bit intelligent in order to realise it's free loots-money.

Not a whole lot.

To those who say badges, I disagree with you. You can get more badges per hour doing heroics, even when you factor in travel time, and you only have to find 4 friends to do it rather than 9 or 24.

To those who say Abyss crystals, are you nuts? You can farm abyss crystals all day doing the normal mode 5 man, getting 5 per run then resetting, all in about 20 minutes. I predict that Abyss Crystal prices are about to plummet.

The gear in the new 5 man is indeed pretty awesome, although it appears that caster Shammys got short-changed a tad in regular. The fact that you can get Naxx25 level items from the 5 man heroic is just way too sweet, although heroic is not trivial if you actually NEED the gear (those who don't probably will contradict me, but that's life in the MMO-Champion forums).

So the last reason to do Naxx is for the experience. I have always thought Naxx, while perhaps a tad too easy especially on 25 man, is full of fun an interesting boss fights. It's also got a very dark and creepy atmosphere with the screams and whatnot.

So get a group together to do Naxx just to experience it, and the drops there are every bit as good as the normal mode 5 man so chances are better than not that plenty of gear will go un-sharded, so it isn't just a useless retro-run.

If you go with a pro group or your guild its easy gold and plenty of badges.

10+ Year Old Account

OS defineately still being done for people needing the drakes for Mountain 'o Mounts(http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=2537)
    Only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe - Albert Einstein

Ok, so its only badges + gold?
    Then I rather go all heroics, ppl will go there much more now + no wasting time on gathering raids groups or wipefests (wiping in heroics is much more unlikely)...
    BTW, will ulduar geared guilds still go for uld hard modes or there is no point doing them also now when TOC is out?

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2
    Then I rather go all heroics, ppl will go there much more now + no wasting time on gathering raids groups or wipefests (wiping in heroics is much more unlikely)...
    BTW, will ulduar geared guilds still go for uld hard modes or there is no point doing them also now when TOC is out?
    OS is still a good one to do. Any group that's a wipefest in there is an utter joke if you're doing easy mode. Its 4 badges with potential for 9 most people will jump at the chance.

Theres still many OS / Naxx / EoE PuGs going on in my server.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2
    The gear in ToC isn't THAT good. Ulduar hard mode gear is still much better. In fact, most of the gear even in Ulduar10 is at least a small step up from the ToC heroic gear.

Basically the purpose of ToC is to at least partially short-circuit the ramp-up path so that don't need Naxx at all. So Ulduar is the new Naxx.