Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Any point doing naxx,os or maly anymore?

Fun? Achievements?

Gear isn't everything, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Rìght
    If you go with a pro group or your guild its easy gold and plenty of badges.
    Yeah, we do 1.5 - 2 hour runs. Its a lot of chain pulling but fun.. we sit around and harp on each other over vent and make lots of gold, de everything we don't need and get a ton of badges.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Gil
    Fun? Achievements?

Qft. Play the game because it is fun, don't play it just because epics make you feel special. If this is the only place that you can feel special in your life, then you need to work on your life a bit more.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

15+ Year Old Account

Fun? Achievements?

It is now. Check out all the QQ on the official forums. Really, just take a look.

Oh, and there's really only one reason to run them, and that's emblems and the chance to get 'Champion of the Frozen Wastes', if you don't already have it.

I run a weekly Naxx 25man PUG on my server. I run it at what is quite possibly the worst time for such things. Fridays at midnight. Nearing the end of the raid week and very late at night. This on a server that is ranked 9th in the US and is chalk full of Top 200 guilds.

I should be scraping the bottom of the barrel for players to join.

Tonight I filled up the first raid in about 5 minutes, the second in about fifteen and a third fired off about half an hour later. Three full raids worth of people wanting to do Naxx. PUGs sponsored by my guild are known on our server as being extremely solid, but tonight was crazy. People clearly want to continue to raid this instance.

There are still a number of BiS items in the instance. Be it trinkets, rings, cloaks, Librams, Totems or just an item that has a really solid itemization. Raiding Naxx is also a great way to gear an alt. Sure you can run Heroics for badges, but how can that possibly compare to getting clost to 20 Badges and 4-5 pieces of loot from a two hour raid?

Naxx is an easy and still required stepping stone before you can get into Ulduar. A full set of badge gear isn't enough to get you through Ulduar unless you've got a guild willing to carry your ass.

OS and Mally though....? Not so needed. OS will still be done because it is easy as hell and has a few BiS items (Illustration, etc). Mally doesn't have anything like that and is pretty hard to navagate a PUG through. Likely you'll only see these being led by people trying to get their neck rewards.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    I run a weekly Naxx 25man PUG on my server. I run it at what is quite possibly the worst time for such things. Fridays at midnight. Nearing the end of the raid week and very late at night. This on a server that is ranked 9th in the US and is chalk full of Top 200 guilds.

I should be scraping the bottom of the barrel for players to join.

Tonight I filled up the first raid in about 5 minutes, the second in about fifteen and a third fired off about half an hour later. Three full raids worth of people wanting to do Naxx. PUGs sponsored by my guild are known on our server as being extremely solid, but tonight was crazy. People clearly want to continue to raid this instance.

There are still a number of BiS items in the instance. Be it trinkets, rings, cloaks, Librams, Totems or just an item that has a really solid itemization. Raiding Naxx is also a great way to gear an alt. Sure you can run Heroics for badges, but how can that possibly compare to getting clost to 20 Badges and 4-5 pieces of loot from a two hour raid?

Naxx is an easy and still required stepping stone before you can get into Ulduar. A full set of badge gear isn't enough to get you through Ulduar unless you've got a guild willing to carry your ass.

OS and Mally though....? Not so needed. OS will still be done because it is easy as hell and has a few BiS items (Illustration, etc). Mally doesn't have anything like that and is pretty hard to navagate a PUG through. Likely you'll only see these being led by people trying to get their neck rewards.
    I know for some classes, hunter/mage/warlock/rogue, there is a helm, belt, and pair of gloves in the Eye of Eter that are BiS for a good while.

There is still some good gear from 25 man naxx and maly specifically KT items and stuff like Boots of Healing Energies.

Quote Originally Posted by jpwkeeper
    The gear in ToC isn't THAT good. Ulduar hard mode gear is still much better. In fact, most of the gear even in Ulduar10 is at least a small step up from the ToC heroic gear.

Basically the purpose of ToC is to at least partially short-circuit the ramp-up path so that don't need Naxx at all. So Ulduar is the new Naxx.
    Erm, if they meant "Trial of the Crusader," yes...it is that good. It's very much that good. A 1 handed tanking sword with 216 DPS? Hell yeah!
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Gearing up alts and for the lulz ofcourse!

You could always just do it because you enjoy the content but it doesn't seem like many people even play the game for fun anymore so I doubt that this suggestion is going to get far.

Edit: or because you enjoy sitting on your guilds vent making fun of the pugs standing in fire, whatever works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SPF18
    Erm, if they meant "Trial of the Crusader," yes...it is that good. It's very much that good. A 1 handed tanking sword with 216 DPS? Hell yeah!
    Pretty sure given the gist of the thread they were talking about the 5 man.

After three days of way too much playing wow, one toon doesn't need anymore Emblems of Conquest and my second toon needs way too many. Naxx, OS, VoA are easy emblems runs. Ulduar isn't too hard up to Mimiron but Malygos takes some practice and I avoid going there with pugs. If you can find eight dps'er doing 3.5k + dps (the higher the better) and a little patience, OS10 offers the chance of a pretty mount.

There are alot of options of stuff to do now, with the rain of epic, dps will go up making everything easier. OS, VoA and Naxx10 give badges faster than heroics with a decent group. Ulduar10 takes longer but lots of good drops to boot. I avoid Naxx25 because it harder to find 25 that will put in the time there and 2-3 of the fights are difficult if you haven't done them before. If I remember correctly, there are maybe a couple trinkets still worth getting there but everything else is easier to grind elsewhere. I would laugh at people trying to pug Malygos25, although there are still a couple nice drops there.

I say their is good reason to grind all the old content. The worse that can happen is you get in a group with really bad players (So bad you can't decide if you should laugh, cry or pull your hair out) and get saved to the instance.

For me, there are still some achievements I wouldn't mind getting.

Also, I recently got this old lvl60 quest where I'm to kill certain mobs in Naxx...and I heard it works in new Naxx because the names are the same. They removed the attunement quest, but they overlooked the 'exaulted' one (where they waive the costs).

And ofc, there's emblems of conquest, which I can use to upgrade my off-spec gear. ^^

I cant believe this didnt get flamed, and actually got past like 3 posts. emblems of conquest, some nice trinkets and not terrible gear if you have been gone for 6 months, DE the crap.

/thread

I would go through it. You cannot be fully decked out on badges alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyjelly
    OS, VoA and Naxx10 give badges faster than heroics with a decent group. Ulduar10 takes longer but lots of good drops to boot.
    No, they don't.

How good your group is does not matter at all, because it is the same group doing Naxx as is doing the heroics, so the faster you can clear Naxx the faster you can clear heroics. If your group is strong enough to clear Naxx in 2 hours, your group is strong enough to clear more than 3-4 heroics in 2 hours. Groups that are not overly strong can almost do that much.

Naxx full clear: 15 badges.
    Heroics: 3-4 badges per heroic, plus 2 for heroic daily, plus 1 for standard daily. So if you do both dailies that's 9-11 badges, plus one more gives you 12-15 badges total.

It may FEEL like faster badges because you're running uninterrupted, and all in one sitting, but if you measure it it's really not.

Quote Originally Posted by Palamedic
    I would go through it. You cannot be fully decked out on badges alone.
    If it were just the badge gear I'd agree with you. But the thing that tips the scales the other way is Trial of the Champion.

Don't get me wrong, I love running Naxx. Right now Naxx groups are still to be had, but give a few weeks for the momentum to die down and that will change.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchonBOA
    do naxx for badges
    This. OS gives up to 9 badges if you win the bag of spoils, which is srs.
    This user has been banned.

Heroics would probably be faster as long as you dont meet up with the Additional instances cannot be launched boss

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by jpwkeeper
    To those who say Abyss crystals, are you nuts? You can farm abyss crystals all day doing the normal mode 5 man, getting 5 per run then resetting, all in about 20 minutes. I predict that Abyss Crystal prices are about to plummet.
    Prediction confirmed - they're down to 30g or less on my server.

Fun? Achievements?

QFT. We ran a Naxx-25 "PUG" (about half my guild, about half PUGs)... where our guild members went "naked" (except a weapon for melee classes) except on boss fights. Great sport.

PUGs seemed to have fun (and we recruited one - his gear isn't quite there yet, but he had the right attitude, seemed to have the skill, and his personality fit in); we sure had a lot of fun.

Also, trash in Naxx can be hard... if you're naked... and you pull the whole room... Quite amusing.